Friendly reminder

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I think Microsoft abandoning exclusives on the Xbox brand was a major blow. It's the reason why Xbox 360 did so well (even if they were timed) last generation. I understand where they're trying to go in the future with streaming and access to their content, but all I can think of is how shit Microsoft is at doing anything despite having deep pockets. Oh well.

It wouldn't have felt like any kind of blow if there was more content backing up the decision, the issue is a lack of confidence in the portfolio. If it were strong no one would have really of given a shit about the PC thing because they could still slam other consoles for not having these great games. Until they fix the perception of their library it's going to be viewed as an issue. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
  • Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Last gen, sales don't matter    This gen , sales all that matters (if they are above Xbox , it's ok to not outsell ps4)   Last gen we don't need 3rd party    This gen OMG

Oh boy are you setting yourself up badly.    

It was just an accessory for the wii

9 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It wouldn't have felt like any kind of blow if there was more content backing up the decision, the issue is a lack of confidence in the portfolio. If it were strong no one would have really of given a shit about the PC thing because they could still slam other consoles for not having these great games. Until they fix the perception of their library it's going to be viewed as an issue. 

I suppose so. I'll be interested to see what their portfolio looks like in the future with the acquisition of these new studios, specifically Obsidian.

It depends what MS considers as a success to. I know that from me as a customer I went from buying an Xbox and all major exclusives, to buying a X360 and all major exclusives plus all major 3rd party games on it, to Xbox One and buying their exclusives till their  PC and gamepass announcement, to (as it stands) most definitely not buying the next xbox or any games and just paying $10 a month for GP on PC for their first party in the month they release.

From me they are 100% getting a much smaller amount of money and I can see that being the case for many hardcore gamers. The question is if that is made up by an increased in volume of customers. 

1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

It depends what MS considers as a success to. I know that from me as a customer I went from buying an Xbox and all major exclusives, to buying a X360 and all major exclusives plus all major 3rd party games on it, to Xbox One and buying their exclusives till their  PC and gamepass announcement, to (as it stands) most definitely not buying the next xbox or any games and just paying $10 a month for GP on PC for their first party in the month they release.

From me they are 100% getting a much smaller amount of money and I can see that being the case for many hardcore gamers. The question is if that is made up by an increased in volume of customers. 

I believe it was during the Game Awards, or right around that time, Phil Spencer was talking about Game Pass subscriptions.

Actually it may have been their X018 conference. They said they had "multiple millions" of Game Pass subscribers.

Big red flag, right there. If they had double-digit millions they would've said "we have more than 10 million people on Game Pass."

The program has been going on for 18 months, and they've had multiple promotional period where they offer it for $1, or were selling 6 months for $20-$30. And I don't think they've broken 10 million.

That can't be a good sign.

This thread feels like something @Quad Damage is going to necro-bump in a few months to make Deeno look like a jackass.  Either that, or Deeno knows Switch is about to take a massive shit all over everyone when the December NPDs release, and his only defense is "bu bu bu teh Wii U!!!!"

Wii U was garbage.  I've had to explain that multiple times to Deeno.  Glad he agrees I was right on that one. :obama:

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

I think it's safe to say that Game Pass subscriptions aren't very high based on the game subscription based services revenue/market share pie chart that showed up recently.

I think it's safe to say they're not super high based on the fact that Microsoft stopped releasing total player numbers of their games as a metric.  Now they just don't release anything.  No total players, no unit sales...nothing.

40 minutes ago, McWicked said:

This thread feels like something @Quad Damage is going to necro-bump in a few months to make Deeno look like a jackass.  Either that, or Deeno knows Switch is about to take a massive shit all over everyone when the December NPDs release, and his only defense is "bu bu bu teh Wii U!!!!"

Wii U was garbage.  I've had to explain that multiple times to Deeno.  Glad he agrees I was right on that one. :obama:

why do you think I keep on poking dynocrap again and again.

I want him to keep talking and committing to more bullshit.