VR Flopped, TCHBFR

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

I never said VR was going to become Facebook's priority.  I said they are investing more than the others in VR.. which they are, and I see it as an important part of their future.  I also see Sony dropping out of VR before I ever see Facebook dropping out of VR.. which was my main point in this thread... which is that Facebook is more committed to VR and are willing and able to take the hits necessary to push adoption and growth of VR.

Who else currently invested in VR is more capable than Facebook iyo?

Sony is more capable.

Let's be honest. All they need to do is have Yamauchi design the next Gran Turismo game for the PS5 to be VR-capable in all of their modes.........and Sony has easily created the best Racing game for VR.

They have existing studios to spare and move them into the VR space.

Facebook has money........but Sony already has years of established studio talent. Not only that, but its becoming obvious that they are sharing their development tools across their studios. 

Sony already has organization. Which money can't buy you. That only comes with time and proper management.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Back then I expected virtual reality headsets would be as common as mobile phones within six years."   This guy is fuckin' delusional.  Trying to measure VR success against mobile phones, a

They won't because VR is dead . If it's not included with the console it's dead . And it won't be included with the console .

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, ghostz said:

VR will never catch on, give up. 

Yeah it's not going to, it's done even worse than the 3D fiasco which I also enjoyed.

The software problem too is really bad, I mean don't get me wrong I have fun with it but there's just not enough compelling stuff for it. Worse even is gaming has to be done in short play periods.

On a TV I could game for 8 hours straight without issue. After about 45 minutes in VR I get some fatigue and the want to take it off becomes prevalent in my mind.

I don't want it to fail because even in spite of its issues I like it, I like using it from time to time and want it to grow, but if it did go away it wouldn't affect me much.

I recognize its weaknesses and still like it, others can't seem to.

"Back then I expected virtual reality headsets would be as common as mobile phones within six years."

This guy is fuckin' delusional. :hest: Trying to measure VR success against mobile phones, a necessity in today's society. The problem with people thinking VR failed is that they're measuring an expensive standalone (for the most part) product against what they think is a success or how they think it should have "caught on". As far as I'm concerned VR is as successful as it needed to be. It was certainly enough that we'll be seeing VR headsets in the future.

• Upvote 1

VR gaming :D It was dead in the water on launch. Nothing but a a bunch of headache inducing tech demos that arent fun for more than 5 min. This garbage is in the same bin where the mobile games are : shallow, unoriginal and low effort time wasters.

33 minutes ago, HolyAx said:

VR gaming :D It was dead in the water on launch. Nothing but a a bunch of headache inducing tech demos that arent fun for more than 5 min. This garbage is in the same bin where the mobile games are : shallow, unoriginal and low effort time wasters.

:D You have no idea what you're talking about.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

lmao, go figure. This sheep hates games. Stick to shitty comics, bitch. :pffft:

HolyAx hates everything not Nintendo, but that doesn't stop him from turning around, bending over and willingly pay $60 for Mario Tennis and Kirby. :mj:

22 minutes ago, Ramza said:

HolyAx hates everything not Nintendo, but that doesn't stop him from turning around, bending over and willingly pay $60 for Mario Tennis and Kirby. :mj:

Mario Tennis is better than any exclusive VR game every made :D Also the highest rated Kirby game >>>>>>>>> highest rated VR game. OWNED

Just now, HolyAx said:

Mario Tennis is better than any exclusive VR game every made :D Also the highest rated Kirby game >>>>>>>>> highest rated VR game. OWNED

Yeah, keep telling yourself that. :tom:

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Mario Tennis Aces flopped you dumbass. :lawl:

giphy.gif

Yeah, I said it LOOKS , as in style, idiot :D It may not have the highest score but artistically and style its miles ahead of every PS4 title this year :D

Edited by HolyAx