VR Flopped, TCHBFR

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

VR isnt dead and VR most definitely isn't going to be included in the console. We are still so early in the lifespan for this tech. We're still at the weak af home computers with floppy disks stage of VR. 

The only way for it to get off the ground would be to force its integration, I don't see any other way this is going to happen. PSVR is cheap enough, it's competent enough, it's advertised enough, and known enough about, it has a killer app game and guess what?

No one gives a shit. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

"Back then I expected virtual reality headsets would be as common as mobile phones within six years."   This guy is fuckin' delusional.  Trying to measure VR success against mobile phones, a

They won't because VR is dead . If it's not included with the console it's dead . And it won't be included with the console .

Posted Images

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The only way for it to get off the ground would be to force its integration, I don't see any other way this is going to happen. PSVR is cheap enough, it's competent enough, it's advertised enough, and known enough about, it has a killer app game and guess what?

No one gives a shit. 

I would see myself a hardcore gamer and even for me it's such a pain to setup and use in it's current iteration that I simply don't use it for that reason alone even though I'm dying to play all it's killer games this year. The amount of wires, the space required, the addition of needing the camera, using past gen tech in Move controllers, the launch units not having HDR pass through the set up box, the still low res screen, etc. We are so fucking early.

Its trash. When ps5 comes out youll have to buy a new PSVR that will probably be another 400 dollars. 

lmfao no wonder this is a flop. Its nothing more than a re failed experiment .

• Upvote 1

VR isn't going anywhere. It's not even close to dead, but it does need to be revised for convenience. If the rumors hold up then everything related to VR should be built into PS5 and only a single HDMI cable would be needed to send video/audio and power to the headset. I don't think PSVR 2 is going to be wireless.

4 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Its trash. When ps5 comes out youll have to buy a new PSVR that will probably be another 400 dollars. 

lmfao, I fucking hope there is a new PSVR model next gen since the entirety of my point is that the tech is old and new models will be far more user friendly. Your point is stupid, it's like saying 'consoles are shit, you're gonna have to buy a new better one next gen', well fucking duh.

6 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Why would you need to buy a new PSVR? It's highly likely that the current headset will work with the PS5.

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

lmfao, I fucking hope there is a new PSVR model next gen since the entirety of my point is that the tech is old and new models will be far more user friendly. Your point is stupid, it's like saying 'consoles are shit, you're gonna have to buy a new better one next gen', well fucking duh.

lmfao for all the beta testers that wasted 400 plus dollars for a year or two of watered down shit VR :D

PS5 plus PSVR2 1000 dollars ROFL

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

lmfao for all the beta testers that wasted 400 plus dollars for a year or two of watered down shit VR :D

PS5 plus PSVR2 1000 dollars ROFL

That $400 has given more AA+ exclusives last year alone than in Xbox One's entire history :hest:

Astro Bot got more GOTY noms than Forza :tom:

• Haha 1
11 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

That $400 has given more AA+ exclusives last year alone than in Xbox One's entire history :hest:

Astro Bot got more GOTY noms than Forza :tom:

TLHBFR :D 

Farpoint with the PS Aim controller is amazing, by the way. I love it. Way better tracking than the PS Moves, it's spot on %100 of the time. 

I experienced some drifting but nothing a quick camera reset couldn't fix. Great stuff. 

PS Moves are ass.