AMD CES Keynote starting.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another way to look at Radeon VII.   Its performance looks comparable to a GTX 1080 Ti.   GTX 1080 Ti launched at $699 2 freaking years ago (same price as Radeon VII next month)

Just now, Vini said:

Is this anything worthy or the usual anti Nvidia circle jerk from AMD?

Nothing worthy.  Bunk ass keynote.

It's always so hilarious watching the Nvidia keynotes where the AMD fanboys are constantly hating... despite Nvidia literally showing the future of real-time graphics... then AMD does a completely shit keynote with nothing new and they're like.. "well that wasn't too bad" :mj: 

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nothing worthy.  Bunk ass keynote.

It's always so hilarious watching the Nvidia keynotes where the AMD fanboys are constantly hating... despite Nvidia literally showing the future of real-time graphics... then AMD does a completely shit keynote with nothing new and they're like.. "well that wasn't too bad" :mj: 

Couple years ago a company I used to work for sent us to an expo and we went to different vendor booths. Went to Nvidia and they showed off gameplay and cool shit, went to AMD and they literally only talked about ways they were better than Nvidia. 

Just now, Jon2B said:

Yeah 

In some games there's odd framepacing at 30fps... but it's easily fixable using RTSS.  I've played Shadow on XO, and it's in no way better at 30fps than the PC version when locked using RTSS.  It's exactly the same. :shrug: 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

In some games there's odd framepacing at 30fps... but it's easily fixable using RTSS.  I've played Shadow on XO, and it's in no way better at 30fps than the PC version when locked using RTSS.  It's exactly the same. :shrug: 

It does feel exactly the same. The cap in game was unplayable. Using other methods felt better but not as good as xbox

1 hour ago, Carlos Vela said:

Another way to look at Radeon VII.

Its performance looks comparable to a GTX 1080 Ti.

GTX 1080 Ti launched at $699 2 freaking years ago (same price as Radeon VII next month)

Exactly...

Looks like AMD confirmed ray-tracing is coming and heavily implied 3000 series will definitely be more than 8C/16T as rumors suggested. So their mid-range CPUs are more powerful than Intel's highest end consumer desktop CPUs. Ouch.

1 hour ago, Carlos Vela said:

Another way to look at Radeon VII.

Its performance looks comparable to a GTX 1080 Ti.

GTX 1080 Ti launched at $699 2 freaking years ago (same price as Radeon VII next month)

A different way to look at it is, which card will do a better job at mining Etherium.  

On two VEGA 56 I'm getting 73.3 MH/s 64.5 MH/s which is double the hashrate since I updated to the new AMD Adrenalin drivers this past December.  

I figure these numbers would be even slightly higher with dual VEGA 64.  

The hashrate will probably be doubled with dual Radeon VIIs.  

:indifflaugh:

meanwhile...

RTX 2080 VS GTX 1080 TI

GPU Model Hashrate & Power Draw Mh/s per 1watt
Gigabyte RTX 2080 41.1 Mh/s ; 105w 0.391 mh/s per watt
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 36.5 Mh/s ; 150w 0.243 mh/s per watt
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti (with pill) 54 Mh/s ; 175w 0.308 mh/s per watt
MSI GTX 1080 Ti 37.6 Mh/s ; 130w 0.289 mh/s per watt
MSI GTX 1080 Ti (with pill) 51.3 Mh/s ; 165w 0.310 mh/s per watt

5 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Looks like AMD confirmed ray-tracing is coming and heavily implied 3000 series will definitely be more than 8C/16T as rumors suggested. So their mid-range CPUs are more powerful than Intel's highest end consumer desktop CPUs. Ouch.

They've said it will come in the future....  yea, no shit... it IS the future.. no shit it's coming.  The problem is that it isn't coming with Navi... and that leaves it to their next-gen dGPU architecture... which means it's 2 years out...

Think about that.  2 years out... and then they are going to feel the performance hit that Nvidia is already absorbing right now.  By the time it comes, Nvidia's RT will be completely refined and faster than ever.

Nvidia once again read the market and forced change at the right time.  AMD has no answer... and by the time they do... Intel will be releasing their own desktop GPUs to compete at the mid and low range.  They're in for a bad time :reg: 

4 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

A different way to look at it is, which card will do a better job at mining Etherium.  

On two VEGA 56 I'm getting 73.3 MH/s 64.5 MH/s which is double the hashrate since I updated to the new AMD Adrenalin drivers this past December.  

I figure these numbers would be even slightly higher with dual VEGA 64.  

The hashrate will probably be doubled with dual Radeon VIIs.  

:indifflaugh:

meanwhile...

RTX 2080 VS GTX 1080 TI

GPU Model Hashrate & Power Draw Mh/s per 1watt
Gigabyte RTX 2080 41.1 Mh/s ; 105w 0.391 mh/s per watt
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti 36.5 Mh/s ; 150w 0.243 mh/s per watt
Gigabyte GTX 1080 Ti (with pill) 54 Mh/s ; 175w 0.308 mh/s per watt
MSI GTX 1080 Ti 37.6 Mh/s ; 130w 0.289 mh/s per watt
MSI GTX 1080 Ti (with pill) 51.3 Mh/s ; 165w 0.310 mh/s per watt

You didn't even say a single thing about perf/watt :kaz: 

Radeon's suck at EVERYTHING.

And why the fuck are you even mining with a dual GPU setup?  You're just wasting money :cosby2: 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

They've said it will come in the future....  yea, no shit... it IS the future.. no shit it's coming.  The problem is that it isn't coming with Navi... and that leaves it to their next-gen dGPU architecture... which means it's 2 years out...

Think about that.  2 years out... and then they are going to feel the performance hit that Nvidia is already absorbing right now.  By the time it comes, Nvidia's RT will be completely refined and faster than ever.

Nvidia once again read the market and forced change at the right time.  AMD has no answer... and by the time they do... Intel will be releasing their own desktop GPUs to compete at the mid and low range.  They're in for a bad time :reg: 

You act as if they can't refine things behind the scenes, apparently what Nvidia should have been doing right now instead of beta testing you guinea pigs for $1,500. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

You act as if they can't refine things behind the scenes, apparently what Nvidia should have been doing right now instead of beta testing you guinea pigs for $1,500. 

I've seen AMD ray-tracing behind the scenes... and it's not pretty.

Nvidia IS refining things... they also have the best GPUs for traditional rasterized games at the same time..

You're right though... we're absolutely beta testing for Nvidia.  The beta test for AMD will come in 1.5-2 years and hardly anyone will care to participate :hest: 

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

You didn't even say a single thing about perf/watt :kaz: 

Radeon's suck at EVERYTHING.

And why the fuck are you even mining with a dual GPU setup?  You're just wasting money :cosby2: 

I just checked GPUZ  165 / 150 watts  

Would you prefer I have a huge GPU farm instead?  That's wasting money.  

4 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I just checked GPUZ  165 / 150 watts  

Would you prefer I have a huge GPU farm instead?  That's wasting money.  

More like 210x2...

Big or small, it's a waste.  But hey, if it's working for you.. enjoy.  Just let's not pretend that ANYONE should give a shit and consider mining with any of these cards. :shrug: 

11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

More like 210x2...

Big or small, it's a waste.  But hey, if it's working for you.. enjoy.  Just let's not pretend that ANYONE should give a shit and consider mining with any of these cards. :shrug: 

"More like 210x2" please...  That's not my setup you assuming.   reference VEGA 56 does 150 watts max.  VEGA 64 does more.    1 of my VEGA 56 is clocked higher from MSI is doing 165w.  

Crypto mining is a lot of enjoyment.  You should give it a try.  Put that RTX 2080 Ti you bought last year to some real work.  B)

Yes,  Nvidia graphics cards had sucked for mining ETH until OhGodACompany last year put out a OhGodAnEnlargementPill on github that boosted 1080 / 1080Ti owners hashrates.   

but AMD didn't leave us hanging, I'm sure you heard about the new Radeon Andrenalin Drivers updates, that update nearly doubled my hashrates.   I'm doing better than the GTX 1080 / GTX 1080 TI which needs that enlargement pill to compete.  

:smugcena:

Edited by The Mother Fucker