AMD CES Keynote starting.

23 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

They've said it will come in the future....  yea, no shit... it IS the future.. no shit it's coming.  The problem is that it isn't coming with Navi... and that leaves it to their next-gen dGPU architecture... which means it's 2 years out...

Think about that.  2 years out... and then they are going to feel the performance hit that Nvidia is already absorbing right now.  By the time it comes, Nvidia's RT will be completely refined and faster than ever.

Nvidia once again read the market and forced change at the right time.  AMD has no answer... and by the time they do... Intel will be releasing their own desktop GPUs to compete at the mid and low range.  They're in for a bad time :reg: 

Most likely not which is fine. AMD isn't catching up to NVIDIA for a while if ever, but its funny to see your panties get into a bunch with all these green tinted comments. :drake: Ray-tracing was always the future I just don't think anyone expected it to debut in the fashion it has this soon. There's obviously a major slow down in pure performance of everyone's cards right now so why not put some dedicated hardware towards advancing other features like lighting and anti-aliasing.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Another way to look at Radeon VII.   Its performance looks comparable to a GTX 1080 Ti.   GTX 1080 Ti launched at $699 2 freaking years ago (same price as Radeon VII next month)

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Most likely not which is fine. AMD isn't catching up to NVIDIA for a while if ever, but its funny to see your panties get into a bunch with all these green tinted comments. :drake: Ray-tracing was always the future I just don't think anyone expected it to debut in the fashion it has this soon. There's obviously a major slow down in pure performance of everyone's cards right now so why not put some dedicated hardware towards advancing other features like lighting and anti-aliasing.

Why would my panties be in a bunch?  Well if they seem like they are, it might be because AMD fanboys are so fucking cocky and talk the most amount of shit and AMD can never hope to back up the amount of shit that spews from their fan's mouths. 

There is an obvious performance drawback to it.... because it's performance heavy tech.  The thing is Nvidia is doing BOTH.. and they are doing it well... except AMD fans talk the most shit and try to downplay every technological advancement Nvidia makes.... because there's a performance hit :drake: 

10 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

"More like 210x2" please...  That's not my setup you assuming.   reference VEGA 56 does 150 watts max.  VEGA 64 does more.    1 of my VEGA 56 is clocked higher from MSI is doing 165w.  

Crypto mining is a lot of enjoyment.  You should give it a try.  Put that RTX 2080 Ti you bought last year to some real work.  B)

Yes,  Nvidia graphics cards had sucked for mining ETH until OhGodACompany last year put out a OhGodAnEnlargementPill on github that boosted 1080 / 1080Ti owners hashrates.   

but AMD didn't leave us hanging, I'm sure you heard about the new Radeon Andrenalin Drivers updates, that update nearly doubled my hashrates.   I'm doing better than the GTX 1080 / GTX 1080 TI which needs that enlargement pill to compete.  

:smugcena:

lmao no... your reference Vega card is NOT drawing 150watts max while mining... I suggest you take another look.  You're probably over 500w from both cards when mining. :reg: 

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Why would my panties be in a bunch?  Well if they seem like they are, it might be because AMD fanboys are so fucking cocky and talk the most amount of shit and AMD can never hope to back up the amount of shit that spews from their fan's mouths. 

There is an obvious performance drawback to it.... because it's performance heavy tech.  The thing is Nvidia is doing BOTH.. and they are doing it well... except AMD fans talk the most shit and try to downplay every technological advancement Nvidia makes.... because there's a performance hit :drake: 

Both AMD and NVIDIA fanboys are equally cocky and annoying. I don't understand the fanboying of PC components. I typically go with the best shit at the time and move on from there, but ever since Ryzen launched it's got me by the balls... well not the first iteration of CPUs (Zen), but Zen+ and now Zen 2. I'm impressed with the clever design and efficiency it provides... plus I appreciate moar cores. :tard: I still think Intel right now will likely offer the best performance for games though even after Zen 2 CPUs arrive, but Ryzen will probably perform best all around and not be a heater while doing it.

I bet the AMD fangirls were probably downplaying ray-tracing until AMD confirmed they're working on it too. They're probably all about it now. :drake: That's just the nature of these dipshits.

3 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

GPUz is not reliable at all for power draw measurements :D 

I guarantee you both cards are drawing more than 200w.  Guaranteed.

It's actually around 315w totaled for dual GPUs.

If you know a better utility name it.   

My PC is loaded with hardware at the moment and I got it on 1200w PSU, that's on a 900w UPS which is not overloaded yet.   

Pretty soon those VEGA watts usage are going to be cut significantly once I get my SQRL Miner software for my FPGAs that will assist my GPUs in my ETH. 

9 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

This is typical for development of a new architecture. Engineers routinely send revisions all the time that's why you see many different hardware IDs for the "same" hardware in drivers.