Division 2 skipping Steam, only Epic Store now on PC

Steam should be worried, this is an Assassin's Creed size franchise. Insane.

Ubisoft has announced it is partnering with Epic to bring The Division 2 to the latter's Epic Games store come launch on March 15, as well as on its own Ubisoft store. It won't be hitting on Steam at that time, however meaning the franchise is effectively jumping ship.

Pre-orders for The Division 2 on the Epic Games Store are now live for the standard, gold, and ultimate editions of the game. In its press release of the announcement of this news, Ubisoft says the two companies are working together to "integrate key components of Ubisoft’s Uplay and Epic’s online services," which likely means buying the game on the Epic store will work similarly to how buying a Ubisoft game on Steam works now, including being able to access Uplay no matter what store you buy it on.

Any preorder on the Epic Games Store will get guaranteed access to the game's private beta ahead of launch. If you already preordered The Division 2 elsewhere, your access to the beta is still honored, but from here on out, Epic's store is where you go for the private beta.

36 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

What a disaster. PC gaming is more fragmented than the Android phone market. :tom:

LOL, you're actually trying to make Dynocrap's argument?

Not a good strategy in the long run, unless you want to end up looking like Dynocrap.

Division probably has a more devoted following on the PC than Assassin's Creed.

This is a smart get for Epic. I wonder how they make these deals. Do they offer Ubisoft a higher cut of the money when somebody purchases the game on the Epic Store?  Or maybe Epic eats the cost for hosting and selling the game for X period of time, and for Ubisoft its a no-brainer deal.

PC gamers will play Division for a long time, and they'll keep returning to the Epic store to buy the DLC seasons.

14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, you're actually trying to make Dynocrap's argument?

Not a good strategy in the long run, unless you want to end up looking like Dynocrap.

Not sure what you're talking about. Are you suggesting that the PC and Android market isn't fragmented?

Edited by lynux3
13 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Not sure what you're talking about. Are you suggesting that the PC and Android market isn't fragmented?

How is having multiple game stores the equivalent of "being fragmented"?

Android is fragmented by ardware having different OS versions. And you're comparing it with different Game Store apps that would be on one OS on Windows PC?????

Just now, jehurey said:

How is having multiple game stores the equivalent of "being fragmented"?

Android is fragmented by ardware having different OS versions. And you're comparing it with different Game Store apps that would be on one OS on Windows PC?????

Fragmentation as in different store fronts as oppose to different OS versions on Android. It's fragmented... there's no one stop shop. How could something so simple go over your head?

2 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

Poor Uplay, doesn't even get acknowledged as a platform lol.

?

"integrate key components of Ubisoft’s Uplay and Epic’s online services," which likely means buying the game on the Epic store will work similarly to how buying a Ubisoft game on Steam works now, including being able to access Uplay no matter what store you buy it on."

9 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

?

"integrate key components of Ubisoft’s Uplay and Epic’s online services," which likely means buying the game on the Epic store will work similarly to how buying a Ubisoft game on Steam works now, including being able to access Uplay no matter what store you buy it on."

Division 2 skipping Steam, only Epic Store now on PC

24 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Fragmentation as in different store fronts as oppose to different OS versions on Android. It's fragmented... there's no one stop shop. How could something so simple go over your head?

So, by your logic.........your own cell phone is fragmented because in order to access everything you want.......you have to go into [gasp] different apps.

That's not real fragmentation. Especially not in the way people complain about Android's fragmentation.

Different OS can be a real problem for content developers.  But different store fronts is not a real problem if all of that is running off of Windows 10.

Even you know you are making a stretch of an argument. That's why its not smart to try and make the same argument Dynocrap is making. I can spend all day tearing it apart, and you know it.

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

So, by your logic.........your own cell phone is fragmented because in order to access everything you want.......you have to go into [gasp] different apps.

That's not real fragmentation. Especially not in the way people complain about Android's fragmentation.

Different OS can be a real problem for content developers.  But different store fronts is not a real problem if all of that is running off of Windows 10.

Even you know you are making a stretch of an argument. That's why its not smart to try and make the same argument Dynocrap is making. I can spend all day tearing it apart, and you know it.

You're thinking way too much into it, kid. Simmer down.

Edited by lynux3
  • Haha 1

It is annoying . I downloaded r6 free weekend and forgot about Uplay . Asked me to log in a don't remember my info , couldn't even be bothered with it .

Most ubi games I don't play or play on co sole anyway 

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

You're thinking way too much into, kid. Simmer down.

In other words........you know you're peddling a bullshit argument.

Don't say I didn't give you an out, twice. You made a stupid argument, that's all there is to it.

I'll somehow endure the pain it takes to move my mouse cursor half an inch to the right to select the Epic Games Store if I ever want to play this game. LOL

Just now, jehurey said:

In other words........you know you're peddling a bullshit argument.

Don't say I didn't give you an out, twice. You made a stupid argument, that's all there is to it.

I'll somehow endure the pain it takes to move my mouse cursor half an inch to the right to select the Epic Games Store if I ever want to play this game. LOL

There's no argument. It was a metaphor you stupid fuck. Get your head out of your ass.