Pachter (Real one, not Dyno): Nintendo will release a Handheld only Switch this year

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

You keep introducing things that have literally nothing to do with my statements. Would Nintendo's games be better on Nintendo's hardware or Microsoft and Sony's?

Are...are you arguing over a hypothetical reality where you finally have good games to play on your xbox because Nintendo made them? :cruise: 

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One way or another they are both going to be wrong,. 

Switch: 1 XBO: 0.52 PS4: 0.45 Other: 0.76 3DS: 0.19 YoY: Switch: +18% XBO: -32% PS4:-24% Other: +52% 3DS: -56%     Dec Hardware Numbers.  Switch: 1.77M XB1:

I honestly hope they don't do shit... I just bought my Switch.

3 minutes ago, McWicked said:

You're right, Breathe of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and Smash Bros certainly can't hold a candle to Six of Theives, 5tate of Decay, and Below 7.0.  What ever were the sheep thinking? :cruise: 

Somehow that makes Switch hardware not a massive pos. :pavarotti:

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

Are...are you arguing over a hypothetical reality where you finally have good games to play on your xbox because Nintendo made them? :cruise: 

I'll just take this as a yes to their games being better served on their competitors consoles. 

Edited by DynamiteCop!
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

... yes...

That's what I thought. :cruise: 

Let's flip this around.  Would Microsoft's games be better served on superior hardware, like the PC....oh wait. :roff: 

Just now, McWicked said:

That's what I thought. :cruise: 

Let's flip this around.  Would Microsoft's games be better served on superior hardware, like the PC....oh wait. :roff: 

That depends on a number of factors, general issues with the windows store, downloading problems, notorious optimization issues, validation problems and integration problems for their community functionality.

You could say yes but that wouldn't paint the whole picture, also PC is not a console and provides no competently priced offering to match either hardware package. 

So no.  

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

That depends on a number of factors, general issues with the windows store, downloading problems, notorious optimization issues, validation problems and integration problems for their community functionality.

You could say yes but that wouldn't paint the whole picture, also PC is not a console and provides no competently priced offering to match either hardware package. 

So no.  

And you wonder why we call you a filthy lemming. :roff:

47 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Regardless of what their hardware sells has nothing to do with the reality that their games would be better served on far superior hardware offered by their competitors. 

Not everything is about sales moron. 

1) It's a business not a charity.   Nintendo is currently selling tons of hardware + software.  Nintendo receives 100% of the profits from their games on their own hardware. Going 3rd party removes that luxury. 

2) The GAMEPLAY of Nintendo games on Switch won't improve on competing hardware....   gameplay Trumps graphics anyday of the week. 

56 minutes ago, Ramza said:

Somehow that makes the Switch hardware not a massive pos. :pavarotti:

But also not that surprising coming from someone willing to play DOOM at 30FPS and sub 720p for GYRO AIMING. :adhd:

Doom is not a Nintendo game sweetie :lemming:

If you bought this handheld only switch, can you buy a dock later on to play it on your TV?  What is SERIOUSLY the fucking point of that?

It better be $100 less or more. Otherwise you are screwing yourself over for the impetimet time you wanna game at home. 

and If you can buy a dock later for it, then wtf is nintendo doing?  Slim Jackings. This some tricky $$hit. 

6 minutes ago, kokujin said:

If you bought this handheld only switch, can you buy a dock later on to play it on your TV?  What is SERIOUSLY the fucking point of that?

Depends on the design.  Assuming the joycons still detach, then yeah, it'd basically be a Switch minus the dock.  But if they don't detach, which would be a huge mistake, then presumably they would have more physical space for either a larger battery or a larger screen, or possibly more internal storage.  I don't know, I just know they'd probably do something with the space reclaimed from the controller track that the joycons snap into.

I still think going handheld-only is a bad idea this early in the life cycle, unless they're planning on releasing an iterative update.

Edited by McWicked
1 minute ago, McWicked said:

Depends on the design.  Assuming the joycons still detach, then yeah, it'd basically be a Switch minus the dock.  But if they don't detach, which would be a huge mistake, then presumably they would have more physical space for either a larger battery or a larger screen, or possibly more internal storage.  I don't know, I just know they'd probably do something with the space reclaimed from the console dock that the joycons snap into.

I still think going handheld-only is a bad idea this early in the life cycle, unless they're planning on releasing an iterative update.

still didn't answer my biggest question, you stupid slow hobo.  It doesn't sound like handheld ONLY>  or is it.

10 minutes ago, kokujin said:

still didn't answer my biggest question, you stupid slow hobo.  It doesn't sound like handheld ONLY>  or is it.

Well, Pachter is making the prediction, so the chances of it actually happening are about as high as Deeno being right about NPD numbers. 

4 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Well, Pachter is making the prediction, so the chances of it actually happening are about as high as Deeno being right about NPD numbers. 

uh my god. I'm dealing with a wall. the shutdown must be over.here is our DUMB WALL.

Is he predicting they're making a handheld only switch, that will never be dockable?  Because that just sounds stupid for the user (us). 

---

I thought Ninty can just release a Gen 2 Switch,bigger screen and battery life, and it can be dockable. That would actually be wiser.

Edited by kokujin
1 hour ago, kokujin said:

I thought Ninty can just release a Gen 2 Switch,bigger screen and battery life, and it can be dockable. That would actually be wiser.

That's what I think is going to happen. The dimensions of the unit can be the same or even MORE wider, as long as the USB-C port lines up in the middle then it would still slide into the dock.

6 hours ago, Goukosan said:

Doom is not a Nintendo game sweetie :lemming:

No shit. What does it have to do with anything I said? :|

I said I'm not surprised someone who was okay with playing the garbage version of Doom on Switch would also think that the Switch hardware is not trash.

Goukosan's reading comprehension. Derp. :lemming:

Just now, Ramza said:

No shit. What does it have to do with anything I said? :|

I said I'm not surprised someone who was okay with playing the garbage version of Doom on Switch would also think that the Switch hardware is not trash.

Goukosan's reading comprehension. Derp. :lemming:

The conversation you jumped into was about NINTENDO GAMES being better served on other systems hardware. 

Don't know how your dumbass got Doom from that conversion :grimaceleft: