Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
madmaltese

Pachter (Real one, not Dyno): Nintendo will release a Handheld only Switch this year

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

yeah but they changed it to 2ds.. what will they call the switch? Will they change the logo? the switch intro? The snap? they can't pull another wiiu and have confusing messaging again. 

Never am I going to guess what Name they could come up with but they'll come up with something. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it has a USB-C port, then it will always be able to output to a tv.

 

Nintendo is not saving any money by design something as handheld.

 

Also, I believe Pachter's prediction is that the Joycons will be attached to the handheld unit. This is definitely something Nintendo would not do. You can't even play some of their local multiplayer games if you can't detach the joycons fron the handheld. Its required.

 

I think they'd probably through one with a smaller screen, and I think they would revise it to have a bigger screen that almost eliminates the bezel entirely.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

If it has a USB-C port, then it will always be able to output to a tv.

 

Nintendo is not saving any money by design something as handheld.

 

Also, I believe Pachter's prediction is that the Joycons will be attached to the handheld unit. This is definitely something Nintendo would not do. You can't even play some of their local multiplayer games if you can't detach the joycons fron the handheld. Its required.

 

I think they'd probably through one with a smaller screen, and I think they would revise it to have a bigger screen that almost eliminates the bezel entirely.

A Switch XL is a near certainty at some point. 

A Switch Lite would be interesting but weird imo because the joycons would really feel and look massive on a smaller screen and they can't change their design/size.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramza said:

I'd be interested in a console only Switch for cheaper. Not a stupid ass handheld. 

Yeah. Something that looks like a dock, but its completely closed and houses all the hardware inside, and one Pro Controller. Probably around $250.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

Yeah. Something that looks like a dock, but its completely closed and houses all the hardware inside, and one Pro Controller. Probably around $250.

With a Pro controller too? Sold. That would be perfect actually. Even better if they could boost the hardware but I doubt they would do that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

A Switch XL is a near certainty at some point. 

A Switch Lite would be interesting but weird imo because the joycons would really feel and look massive on a smaller screen and they can't change their design/size.

The Switch is already "XL"

 

dafuq you talking about

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The Switch is already "XL"

 

dafuq you talking about

:| This post is so dumb I don't even know why I'm replying to it.

 

'XL' isn't a measurement to a specific size, it's a measurement to the Base model. The Switch could be fucking 55" and it would still be a Switch :|

XL indicates a model with a larger screen than the base and a Lite indicates a smaller model. It ain't rocket science. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, madmaltese said:

:| This post is so dumb I don't even know why I'm replying to it.

 

'XL' isn't a measurement to a specific size, it's a measurement to the Base model. The Switch could be fucking 55" and it would still be a Switch :|

XL indicates a model with a larger screen than the base and a Lite indicates a smaller model. It ain't rocket science. 

The post isn't dumb, it's dumb to assert that there would be an XL because it's already fucking gigantic hence me saying "The Switch is already XL"...

 

Bitch :mj:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The post isn't dumb, it's dumb to assert that there would be an XL because it's already fucking gigantic hence me saying "The Switch is already XL"...

 

Bitch :mj:

Switch XL confirmed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, lynux3 said:

If this is true it could cannibalize Switch console sales in Japan.

 

3 hours ago, Jon2B said:

Wouldn't it be the same thing without the dock ?

Nintendo already sells dockless Switches in Japan. 

 

 

What patcher is talking about is a handheld only version THAT CAN'T SWITCH AT ALL and will forever be jn handheld mode.  lmfao. 

 

This tells me that Patcher still doesn't understand the Switch after almost two years. 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see the issue with that . I mean the reason you sheep say it's ok to play games in sub sd is because you can take it to work , business trip and lavish vacations to Switzerland

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jon2B said:

I don't see the issue with that . I mean the reason you sheep say it's ok to play games in sub sd is because you can take it to work , business trip and lavish vacations to Switzerland

Yes... while also being able to play it docked when you get back home. 

 

Switch gives you the flexibility to play how you want.

 

a handheld only switch takes away the hybrid functionality. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What would make the most sense is if Nintendo stopped creating hardware. 

This comment is going to age wonderfully when the December NPDs hit. :cruise: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McWicked said:

This comment is going to age wonderfully when the December NPDs hit. :cruise: 

Regardless of what their hardware sells has nothing to do with the reality that their games would be better served on far superior hardware offered by their competitors. 

 

Not everything is about sales moron. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, McWicked said:

This comment is going to age wonderfully when the December NPDs hit. :cruise: 

Somehow that makes the Switch hardware not a massive pos. :pavarotti:

 

But also not that surprising coming from someone willing to play DOOM at 30FPS and sub 720p for GYRO AIMING. :adhd:

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Somehow that makes the Switch hardware not a massive pos. :pavarotti:

 

But also not that surprising coming from someone willing to play DOOM at 30FPS and sub 720p for GYRO AIMING. :adhd:

Correction, sub 30 FPS and sub 720p. :kaz:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Regardless of what their hardware sells has nothing to do with the reality that their games would be better served on far superior hardware offered by their competitors. 

 

Not everything is about sales moron. 

You're right, Breathe of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and Smash Bros certainly can't hold a candle to Six of Theives, 5tate of Decay, and Below 7.0.  What ever were the sheep thinking? :cruise: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, McWicked said:

You're right, Breathe of the Wild, Mario Odyssey, and Smash Bros certainly can't hold a candle to Six of Theives, 5tate of Decay, and Below 7.0.  What ever were the sheep thinking? :cruise: 

You keep introducing things that have literally nothing to do with my statements. Would Nintendo's games be better on Nintendo's hardware or Microsoft and Sony's?

 

:bena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×