So I decided to start collecting LaserDisc movies

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you want DVD-like quality..............but worse, because Laserdisc is not a true digital format like DVD, its still analog. And it doesn't even get to DVD's 720 x 480 resolution, instead only bein

He's probably just pissed because my LaserDisc's from 1978 are higher resolution than his Switch games 

You really just love flops eh?

No.  I used to collect DVDs, but that was when DVDs were the thing and everyone was buying them.   I started collecting Blu-Rays right after that but I haven't bought any new one in a couple years.
All that stuff sits in one big box in the closet now.   

I debated if I should go through them all and grab the UPC digital codes off the cases since you can use that to get the free UHD/Vudu digital streams available from them at no cost.   But even that is a waste of time. 

i get the idea of wanting to collect stuff. heck, i used to collect dvds/cds. so props on your find. i'm the complete opposite now. i try to get rid of as much clutter as possible (i don't even own physical releases of games anymore).  

58 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

No.  I used to collect DVDs, but that was when DVDs were the thing and everyone was buying them.   I started collecting Blu-Rays right after that but I haven't bought any new one in a couple years.
All that stuff sits in one big box in the closet now.   

I debated if I should go through them all and grab the UPC digital codes off the cases since you can use that to get the free UHD/Vudu digital streams available from them at no cost.   But even that is a waste of time. 

Those expire after a while.

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Just bought a lot of 85 movies and I'm currently looking for a dual side player, this is pretty exciting. I love the art, this really reminds me of vinyl which I was also considering to start collecting for.

Anyone else into this kind of stuff?

vintage-laserdisc-collection.jpg

The Thing

Terminator 1 and 2

Escape From New York

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Pulp Fiction

Blade Runner

Hard Boiled

Conan

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Dawn of the Dead

Jaws

You got some great movies in there. :bow: 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

The Thing

Terminator 1 and 2

Escape From New York

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Pulp Fiction

Blade Runner

Hard Boiled

Conan

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Dawn of the Dead

Jaws

You got some great movies in there. :bow: 

That's not a picture of the ones I have coming but all of those are in there, also the original Star Wars movies the best they can be viewed completely untouched by fuckhead Lucas. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

also the original Star Wars movies the best they can be viewed completely untouched by fuckhead Lucas. 

GODLY. I didn't think it was possible besides the original VHS releases.

LOL, you guys are better off downloading the fan-made HD project that collecting and rebuilt the movie from various media sources at the highest possible resolutions and then color corrected everything.

The "Despecialized" Editions of the Star Wars original Trilogy

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, you guys are better off downloading the fan-made HD project that collecting and rebuilt the movie from various media sources at the highest possible resolutions and then color corrected everything.

Good stuff. Gonna dl it tonight.

13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I'm well aware of this but I'm very "pro owner" and "real" content. 

I'm well aware of this but I'm very "pro owner" and "real" content. 

No, that sounds like really pathetic excuses.

You're not even going to sit through a Star Wars movie on lasedisc watching it on 425p. LOL

Fuck yeah I will, I've got plans. 

screenshotted. thank you.

this ties in perfectly with the thread from the previous night about who is the loser on this forum.:tom:

i think that deserves a second thank you. LOL

40 minutes ago, PhantomABS said:

Seems cool but a waist

It's inexpensive and just a neat part of home video history. Those 85 movies were only $70 ($0.82 a movie) and I tracked down a dual side player for $35 with its remote.

It's a hobbiest activity and like I said I love film and technology, and this was the ultimate of both until basically 1998 that only people semi-well off could afford.