So I decided to start collecting LaserDisc movies

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So you want DVD-like quality..............but worse, because Laserdisc is not a true digital format like DVD, its still analog. And it doesn't even get to DVD's 720 x 480 resolution, instead only bein

He's probably just pissed because my LaserDisc's from 1978 are higher resolution than his Switch games 

You really just love flops eh?

Just the laserdisc media and its covers, right?

You didn't buy a laserdisc like a fucking moron and connect it to your 19" "converged" tCRT television, did you?

I don't buy vinyl to look at the cover, I buy it to listen to the music (on vinyl).

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Just the laserdisc media and its covers, right?

You didn't buy a laserdisc like a fucking moron and connect it to your 19" "converged" tCRT television, did you?

I don't buy vinyl to look at the cover, I buy it to listen to the music (on vinyl).

Yes I'm buying into it to hook it all up, it would be connected to a 34" CRT. I'm looking at a Pioneer LaserActive player right now with the Genesis/CD module included. 

Just now, jehurey said:

So you want DVD-like quality..............but worse, because Laserdisc is not a true digital format like DVD, its still analog. And it doesn't even get to DVD's 720 x 480 resolution, instead only being 425p.

And you want to flip the disc in order to watch certain long movies, because it can't fit it on one side. 60 minutes max per side

And chances are your laserdisc is going to break down or require alignment, because if its not properly aligned when reading the disc, you will begin having "crosstalk" when playing the disc.

I inaugurate you that you will not sit and watch one movie all the way through. But I understand, you have alot of free cash from the fact that Xbox had no games. Go ahead and buy 20 laserdiscs.

I'm not concerned about the video quality and there's also the option of Hi-Vision if I want to get into that. There are both side disc players which is what I am likely to end up with, also the players themselves are not that expensive and come around quite frequently. 

4 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I inaugurate you that you will not sit and watch one movie all the way through. But I understand, you have alot of free cash from the fact that Xbox had no games. Go ahead and buy 20 laserdiscs.

:ovolol:

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm not concerned about the video quality and there's also the option of Hi-Vision if I want to get into that. There are both side disc players which is what I am likely to end up with, also the players themselves are not that expensive and come around quite frequently. 

Hmmmmm, something that you are interested in as a niche, collector hobby.......is being sold away by other hobbyists at cheap prices, "frequently", according to you.

That SHOULD be a sign........

.......is something I would say if I were speaking to a person capable of such situational awareness.

Just now, jehurey said:

Hmmmmm, something that you are interested in as a niche, collector hobby.......is being sold away by other hobbyists at cheap prices, "frequently", according to you.

That SHOULD be a sign........

.......is something I would say if I were speaking to a person capable of such situational awareness.

It was never something expensive to begin with bar when it was relevant, ever since the standard went out it lost all value. It being cheap has nothing to do with the quality of players, the movies themselves or anything else, it's just a niche community of people who still find interest in it and the prices are not high because of it. 

Other people's desirability of it means nothing to me. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It was never something expensive to begin with bar when it was relevant, ever since the standard went out it lost all value. It being cheap has nothing to do with the quality of players, the movies themselves or anything else, it's just a niche community of people who still find interest in it and the prices are not high because of it. 

Other people's desirability of it means nothing to me. 

That's like you standing outside of a Chinese buffet and seeing people walk out heaving and vomiting.

And you say to yourself "other people's reaction to the food means nothing to me" and you proceed to walk in.

Like I said................IF I were speaking to a person who had the capability of such situational awareness.

5 minutes ago, jehurey said:

That's like you standing outside of a Chinese buffet and seeing people walk out heaving and vomiting.

And you say to yourself "other people's reaction to the food means nothing to me" and you proceed to walk in.

Like I said................IF I were speaking to a person who had the capability of such situational awareness.

There's still people that collect VHS and Betamax who enjoy the platform, who realize some of the benefits, the catalog of film and programming not available anywhere else, the historical and preservation value etc. 

Situational awareness of what? That I like something you don't? That obsolescence in technology doesn't dissuade me from enjoying it?

What kind of dumb shit faggot are you?

Edited by DynamiteCop!
6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

holy shit, did I type "inaugurate", fucking firefox spell-correct. :tom: it was meant to spell-check the word guarantee.

I was laughing at the free money due to lack of xbox games part of the statement. :ben: 

20 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

There's still people that collect VHS and Betamax who enjoy the platform, who realize some of the benefits, the catalog of film and programming not available anywhere else, the historical and preservation value etc. 

Situational awareness of what?

This is just too perfect.  Especially after the previous sentence where he talks glowingly about people who collect VHA and Betamax tapes.

Even better how I explained to him how Laserdiscs have no real benefits at this point.

14 minutes ago, jehurey said:

This is just too perfect.  Especially after the previous sentence where he talks glowingly about people who collect VHA and Betamax tapes.

Even better how I explained to him how Laserdiscs have no real benefits at this point.

Who are you talking to? Is your brother in the room with you when you make posts? You're a third person psycho. 

12 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Who are you talking to? Is your brother in the room with you when you make posts? You're a third person psycho. 

LOL he thinks running the jonb playbook is going to help him. Now thats what I call desperate.