Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
DynamiteCop!

So I decided to start collecting LaserDisc movies

Recommended Posts

18 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL he thinks running the jonb playbook is going to help him. Now thats what I call desperate.

Help me from what? Dafuq are you babbling about retard...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

No.  I used to collect DVDs, but that was when DVDs were the thing and everyone was buying them.   I started collecting Blu-Rays right after that but I haven't bought any new one in a couple years.
All that stuff sits in one big box in the closet now.   

 

I debated if I should go through them all and grab the UPC digital codes off the cases since you can use that to get the free UHD/Vudu digital streams available from them at no cost.   But even that is a waste of time. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't even pay for netflix or pirate movies/tv shows anymore. I just watch streams on the internet(in bad quality sometimes). 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i get the idea of wanting to collect stuff. heck, i used to collect dvds/cds. so props on your find. i'm the complete opposite now. i try to get rid of as much clutter as possible (i don't even own physical releases of games anymore).  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

No.  I used to collect DVDs, but that was when DVDs were the thing and everyone was buying them.   I started collecting Blu-Rays right after that but I haven't bought any new one in a couple years.
All that stuff sits in one big box in the closet now.   

 

I debated if I should go through them all and grab the UPC digital codes off the cases since you can use that to get the free UHD/Vudu digital streams available from them at no cost.   But even that is a waste of time. 

Those expire after a while.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Just bought a lot of 85 movies and I'm currently looking for a dual side player, this is pretty exciting. I love the art, this really reminds me of vinyl which I was also considering to start collecting for.

 

Anyone else into this kind of stuff?

 

vintage-laserdisc-collection.jpg

The Thing

Terminator 1 and 2

Escape From New York

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Pulp Fiction

Blade Runner

Hard Boiled

Conan

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Dawn of the Dead

Jaws

 

 

You got some great movies in there. :bow: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

The Thing

Terminator 1 and 2

Escape From New York

Raiders of the Lost Ark

Pulp Fiction

Blade Runner

Hard Boiled

Conan

Texas Chainsaw Massacre

Dawn of the Dead

Jaws

 

 

You got some great movies in there. :bow: 

That's not a picture of the ones I have coming but all of those are in there, also the original Star Wars movies the best they can be viewed completely untouched by fuckhead Lucas. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

also the original Star Wars movies the best they can be viewed completely untouched by fuckhead Lucas. 

GODLY. I didn't think it was possible besides the original VHS releases.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ramza said:

GODLY. I didn't think it was possible besides the original VHS releases.

Yeah, and they are the best version. They tried mastering them on DVD but ended up making it inferior by screwing up the render. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, you guys are better off downloading the fan-made HD project that collecting and rebuilt the movie from various media sources at the highest possible resolutions and then color corrected everything.

 

The "Despecialized" Editions of the Star Wars original Trilogy

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition

Good stuff. Gonna dl it tonight.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL, you guys are better off downloading the fan-made HD project that collecting and rebuilt the movie from various media sources at the highest possible resolutions and then color corrected everything.

 

The "Despecialized" Editions of the Star Wars original Trilogy

 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Harmy's_Despecialized_Edition

I'm well aware of this but I'm very "pro owner" and "real" content. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm well aware of this but I'm very "pro owner" and "real" content. 

No, that sounds like really pathetic excuses.

 

You're not even going to sit through a Star Wars movie on lasedisc watching it on 425p. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

No, that sounds like really pathetic excuses.

 

You're not even going to sit through a Star Wars movie on lasedisc watching it on 425p. LOL

Fuck yeah I will, I've got plans. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Fuck yeah I will, I've got plans. 

screenshotted. thank you.

 

this ties in perfectly with the thread from the previous night about who is the loser on this forum.:tom:

 

i think that deserves a second thank you. LOL

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, jehurey said:

screenshotted. thank you.

 

this ties in perfectly with the thread from the previous night about who is the loser on this forum.:tom:

 

i think that deserves a second thank you. LOL

:cosby2:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, PhantomABS said:

Seems cool but a waist

It's inexpensive and just a neat part of home video history. Those 85 movies were only $70 ($0.82 a movie) and I tracked down a dual side player for $35 with its remote.

 

It's a hobbiest activity and like I said I love film and technology, and this was the ultimate of both until basically 1998 that only people semi-well off could afford. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×