OFFICIAL RESIDENT EVIL 2 Demo Thread - Demo going live in some regions already

getting the one-shot demo.  Is this it?  8GB.

I hope it's not 30 minutes, one time lmfao

30 minutes over and over would be cool. OH well. It took 30  minutes to think procrastinate and make the account and now download it.  Pizza and Cigs as my vice and reward. No alchohol. 

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PC.    

the win10 familyHBFR!     GIMPED across the board due to Capcom's sense of honour and self worth to JAPAN.   Thank you SONY for killing XBONEXand ensuring broken RE2 versions for b

So they datamined the demo (obviously this was going to happen) and apparently there's an unlockable fixed camera mode in the full game     Also here's some shots of the PC version in ultraw

3 minutes ago, kokujin said:

getting the one-shot demo.  Is this it?  8GB.

I hope it's not 30 minutes, one time lmfao

30 minutes over and over would be cool. OH well. It took 30  minutes to think procrastinate and make the account and now download it.  Pizza and Cigs as my vice and reward. No alchohol. 

You get 30 minutes total, when you hit 30 the demo stops working. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, kokujin said:

lol bodycount gon be pissed he bought 2 beers.  This is 1 beer worthy of entertaintment.  I'll wait till y'all run through it, and let me know what's the best use of my 30 minute time? Or maybe search reddit a bit.

I can play it for 90 minutes :cmpunk2:

OMFG

this game :bow: 

hopefully this is severely broken on pc. I don’t think hermit’s deserve to enjoy this Japanese made masterpiece.

its over for western devs. Gfx and gameplay crown is coming back east.

10, Goty. This is resident evil 4 all over again.

Edited by Bodycount N
8 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

OMFG

this game :bow: 

hopefully this is severely broken on pc. I don’t think hermit’s deserve to enjoy this Japanese made masterpiece.

its over for western devs. Gfx and gameplay crown is coming back east.

10, Goty. This is resident evil 4 all over again.

bro when i'm reading things, like after 

I got it paused.

where the fuck should I go?  outside seems locked. couple puzzles.  Imma leave it paused to see if it respects the timer.

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

lol bodycount gon be pissed he bought 2 beers.  This is 1 beer worthy of entertaintment.  I'll wait till y'all run through it, and let me know what's the best use of my 30 minute time? Or maybe search reddit a bit.

1 beer and 30 minutes. :( 

lol weak weeeak ass demo. I don't think I got 30 minutes. Right after the 1st major cutscene with the black cop. My play ended. I wonder if anyone (Bcount?) got past that point? Me bets it stops you there.

Anywho,  @GD

it's pretty cool. The facial animations and live-acting in these vidjya games is getting top notch. Characters feel very alive. I played the dub, lol it was weird. I bet the English is better voiced, but it was cool for me to pick out phrases like "ya bru bruh you run intothem mohfuckas anymore, you become my second flight, you don't think for a second they're a cop; kill or run,  aaaiiight??" in Japaknees.

I don't know IF the cutscenes or dialogue will take advantage of this cool technology (the computarized players really move in creepy real ways, especially facial expressions). But I really I hope it does.  But seeing the cop handing Kenny a knife and the shit they had to talk about, I appreciated the game art.

As for gameplay, moves and shoots kinda smooth. The handgun didn't really seem to penetrate or have a feeling of it. It kinda felt like I was slowing down zombies at least. It IS dark. I'm a little worried for corridor nook and cranny'ers and people that want to set foot on every part of the levels without a guide. I think you'll just MISS much detail, and hope (I think so) the level design will take you to where you should be eventually going (backtrackers prolly will have to clear the room and come back with a fooking flashlight)

Mich97 was right, one of the rooms offered light-switch. LOL it felt like a treat.

As with RE, it feels like uber goodgraphics and collage littered around hallways. I don't ever feel like I"m interacting much with anything. The mess around where I CAN walk looks pretty. *shrugs* same game eh?

The puzzle menu is worse now...you don't move or alter the item. You get a picture of it and your inventory to the right. It feels like D & D. There was one roll-machine puzzle that I did alter, but everything else I examined seemed to just display itself still while I stared at my inventory for things to combine it with.  I didn't get much time, and this may not be a valid complaint, but i felt too much of a dissonance.

It's perdy, it's RE, the handgun pellets seemed weak, the animations are willstar worldstar, so I hope I will LIKE just watching them for 15 hours.

I'd be shocked if the guuunz had a hard punch like they did by the end of RE4. Also shocked if this one scares me much. It gets very disoreanting with the camera wobbling everytime an enemy touches you. it is dark.

i'm sure some bosses (hat-man) will make you feel uneasy...but that handgun man... fucking felt too weak. I'm worried about that. We all should!

Edited by kokujin

Capcom has done it again, GOTY in january.

It may be RE2 REmake but it's the spiritual successor to RE4. the gameplay is perfect. the shooting is epic as fuck, the zombies look incredible.it's scary as fuck too

This is it: Gaming's pinnacle, a true next gen RE experience in 3rd person. Nobody will be disappointed by this.

PERFECT 10 and possible best game ever candidate.

Just now, Bodycount N said:

Capcom has done it again, GOTY in january.

It may be RE2 REmake but it's the spiritual successor to RE4. the gameplay is perfect. the shooting is epic as fuck, the zombies look incredible.it's scary as fuck too

This is it: Gaming's pinnacle, a true next gen RE experience in 3rd person. Nobody will be disappointed by this.

PERFECT 10 and possible best game ever candidate.

Switch owners will :kaz:

• Thanks 1
27 minutes ago, kokujin said:

lol weak weeeak ass demo. I don't think I got 30 minutes. Right after the 1st major cutscene with the black cop. My play ended. I wonder if anyone (Bcount?) got past that point? Me bets it stops you there.

Anywho,  @GD

it's pretty cool. The facial animations and live-acting in these vidjya games is getting top notch. Characters feel very alive. I played the dub, lol it was weird. I bet the English is better voiced, but it was cool for me to pick out phrases like "ya bru bruh you run intothem mohfuckas anymore, you become my second flight, you don't think for a second they're a cop; kill or run,  aaaiiight??" in Japaknees.

I don't know IF the cutscenes or dialogue will take advantage of this cool technology (the computarized players really move in creepy real ways, especially facial expressions). But I really I hope it does.  But seeing the cop handing Kenny a knife and the shit they had to talk about, I appreciated the game art.

As for gameplay, moves and shoots kinda smooth. The handgun didn't really seem to penetrate or have a feeling of it. It kinda felt like I was slowing down zombies at least. It IS dark. I'm a little worried for corridor nook and cranny'ers and people that want to set foot on every part of the levels without a guide. I think you'll just MISS much detail, and hope (I think so) the level design will take you to where you should be eventually going (backtrackers prolly will have to clear the room and come back with a fooking flashlight)

Mich97 was right, one of the rooms offered light-switch. LOL it felt like a treat.

As with RE, it feels like uber goodgraphics and collage littered around hallways. I don't ever feel like I"m interacting much with anything. The mess around where I CAN walk looks pretty. *shrugs* same game eh?

The puzzle menu is worse now...you don't move or alter the item. You get a picture of it and your inventory to the right. It feels like D & D. There was one roll-machine puzzle that I did alter, but everything else I examined seemed to just display itself still while I stared at my inventory for things to combine it with.  I didn't get much time, and this may not be a valid complaint, but i felt too much of a dissonance.

It's perdy, it's RE, the handgun pellets seemed weak, the animations are willstar worldstar, so I hope I will LIKE just watching them for 15 hours.

I'd be shocked if the guuunz had a hard punch like they did by the end of RE4. Also shocked if this one scares me much. It gets very disoreanting with the camera wobbling everytime an enemy touches you. it is dark.

i'm sure some bosses (hat-man) will make you feel uneasy...but that handgun man... fucking felt too weak. I'm worried about that. We all should!

keeps going after that for sure, you can go to the 2nd and 3rd floor.