OFFICIAL RESIDENT EVIL 2 Demo Thread - Demo going live in some regions already

Managed to finish the demo in 19 minutes and somehow took all the right paths on my first try.

It was ok, only thing I didn't like was how the death and blood animations seemed to almost slow down or run at a slower framerate from a distance, whatever effect this is I've seen this in other games too and I don't like it.

Menu, weapon and item management is really quick and responsive so that's great.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PC.    

the win10 familyHBFR!     GIMPED across the board due to Capcom's sense of honour and self worth to JAPAN.   Thank you SONY for killing XBONEXand ensuring broken RE2 versions for b

So they datamined the demo (obviously this was going to happen) and apparently there's an unlockable fixed camera mode in the full game     Also here's some shots of the PC version in ultraw

26 minutes ago, kokujin said:

it's a tiny demo mate. don't waste time combining or patching things.  bcount, what did you do in the demo? where did you go?

Can’t imagine much in 30 minutes and I already have it ordered but getting a taste will be awesome. I remember how much I played my RE4 demo disc before it came out. This has been my most anticipated game since it was announced. 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

i was obsessed with it. i beat it like 10 times. 

Damn. Yeah I'm pretty hyped. Gonna try to beat RE1 HD this weekend. I think it's pretty short so shouldn't be a problem. I got an urge to start a Witcher 3 run though :ben:. That's probably a bad idea though. 

• Like 1
32 minutes ago, kokujin said:

it's a tiny demo mate. don't waste time combining or patching things.  bcount, what did you do in the demo? where did you go?

don't waste time in the first area where the zombies pop up, behind the metal shutter. gtfo the way you come in as soon as shit hits the fan, then the another door opens and you get to go up to the 2nd and 3rd floor. the cop will call you back a second time to return to him, before i got back to him the second time the demo ended.

there's a statue puzzle upstairs that i think you can do though, going to have to see tonight when i play it again. :glad: 

• Like 1

I was disappointed at the beginning because I thought it was just the same thing as the E3 demo, but its much bigger. In fact, the time limit is wayyyy too strict. I rushed through the demo and still only finished with 1 minute left on the clock.

When I played the game at E3 one problem i had was that headshots didn't seem that satisfying, and it looks like that didn't change at all in the full game. Just the sound of the 'pop' when you headshotted an enemy in the original games was very satisfying. In this game headshots don't sound or look as gratifying.

Also, there are no blood pools when enemies are 100% dead. Thats another oversight imo.

edit: the only other thing ill say is that resources seem plenty so far. I finished with a couple of shotgun shells and like 40 handgun bullets left. Maybe its because its still the beginning but i can see the full game being on the easy side if it continues to just throw resources at the player like that.

Edited by Twinblade
Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah hoping the ammo is just plentiful due to the setting; because that feeling  when a game give you just half a clip at a time. :monkas:

That would actually be very cool if as you got further away from the police station you progressively started finding less and less ammo just lying around.

9 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

I was disappointed at the beginning because I thought it was just the same thing as the E3 demo, but its much bigger. In fact, the time limit is wayyyy too strict. I rushed through the demo and still only finished with 1 minute left on the clock.

When I played the game at E3 one problem i had was that headshots didn't seem that satisfying, and it looks like that didn't change at all in the full game. Just the sound of the 'pop' when you headshotted an enemy in the original games was very satisfying. In this game headshots don't sound or look as gratifying.

Also, there are no blood pools when enemies are 100% dead. Thats another oversight imo.

edit: the only other thing ill say is that resources seem plenty so far. I finished with a couple of shotgun shells and like 40 handgun bullets left. Maybe its because its still the beginning but i can see the full game being on the easy side if it continues to just throw resources at the player like that.

It wont... it's a TIMED demo ffs.  They give you enough of everything to mow everything down so you can see everything.  Can you imagine giving people a demo that you could only play for 30 min and then you keep dying because you're out of ammo or some shit?  

The full game will be completely different balance wise... relax.

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It wont... it's a TIMED demo ffs.  They give you enough of everything to mow everything down so you can see everything.  Can you imagine giving people a demo that you could only play for 30 min and then you keep dying because you're out of ammo or some shit?  

The full game will be completely different balance wise... relax.

damn dude theres no reason to be so defensive, you're the one who needs to relax lol.

What you mentioned was the case for the E3 demo, but this new one is clearly a more accurate slice of the full game. I doubt the amount of resources and their placements will change much, if at all in the full release.

7 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

damn dude theres no reason to be so defensive, you're the one who needs to relax lol.

What you mentioned was the case for the E3 demo, but this new one is clearly a more accurate slice of the full game. I doubt the amount of resources and their placements will change much, if at all in the full release.

Post might have read that way, but I'm not really being defensive... It's pretty standard shit, and Capcom have been vocal about how you're going to have to ration health and choose when to use your ammo wisely.

They pretty much just shove ammo in your face in the demo.. I guarantee it wont be like that in the final game.