OFFICIAL RESIDENT EVIL 2 Demo Thread - Demo going live in some regions already

4 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

@Remij_

NX Gamer just did his look at the game and came up with the same resolutions for the Pro and X but he's convinced it's native 2880x1620 on the X with better AA whereas on the Pro it's reconstructed 2880x1620. 

wow, looks terrible on Xboner X.

Pro >PC> Boner X > Remj's PC

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PC.    

the win10 familyHBFR!     GIMPED across the board due to Capcom's sense of honour and self worth to JAPAN.   Thank you SONY for killing XBONEXand ensuring broken RE2 versions for b

So they datamined the demo (obviously this was going to happen) and apparently there's an unlockable fixed camera mode in the full game     Also here's some shots of the PC version in ultraw

3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

@Remij_

NX Gamer just did his look at the game and came up with the same resolutions for the Pro and X but he's convinced it's native 2880x1620 on the X with better AA whereas on the Pro it's reconstructed 2880x1620. 

I'm inclined to agree with him.  I was checking out the interlaced mode on the PC version, and the PRO version shows the same tell-tale signs with the jaggies when the camera begins to move and stop.  You can see it pretty clearly.  It stair steps when in motion, then reconstructs when the camera stops moving.

I wouldn't call the X1X version's AA better though.. It likely has a higher base res to work with, but it's undoubtedly significantly blurrier overall.  It's kind of a weird case, really.  I'm sure though that when the full game releases, the 4K mode on X will look a lot sharper than the PRO version.

I finally played it and I'm not really a fan, I wanted to be but I'm just not feeling it. It's too dark, way too dark just as notated during all the pre-release stuff. Evading enemies is far too easy and not once when I played it did I feel any sense of tension or need any kind of healing items. The environment is familiar obviously but as also noted the sense of atmosphere is diminished greatly or outright destroyed not only because of the darkness but also the tonality of the colorspace in the game, it's very bland and washed out in appearance.

This probably doesn't apply to PC and may not even apply to the 4K 30 FPS modes (if they exist) but it looks like they're using some type of foveated rendering to maintain performance which explains all the strange blur almost like a vignette during certain sequences, it's present on both the Pro and X. This is what RE7 for PSVR used to maintain higher focal rendering and hit its performance target.

The zombie technology and shooting seems fine but aside from that nothing about this grasped me or gave me the sense that I was playing Resident Evil 2 or even Resident Evil, or some kind of remake. It just feels disconnected. Now I know this is a vertical slice and a small portion of the game but like a book something like this should be grasping you early to maintain interest and for me it didn't. Shame.

17 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I finally played it and I'm not really a fan, I wanted to be but I'm just not feeling it. It's too dark, way too dark just as notated during all the pre-release stuff. Evading enemies is far too easy and not once when I played it did I feel any sense of tension or need any kind of healing items. The environment is familiar obviously but as also noted the sense of atmosphere is diminished greatly or outright destroyed not only because of the darkness but also the tonality of the colorspace in the game, it's very bland and washed out in appearance.

This probably doesn't apply to PC and may not even apply to the 4K 30 FPS modes (if they exist) but it looks like they're using some type of foveated rendering to maintain performance which explains all the strange blur almost like a vignette during certain sequences, it's present on both the Pro and X. This is what RE7 for PSVR used to maintain higher focal rendering and hit its performance target.

The zombie technology and shooting seems fine but aside from that nothing about this grasped me or gave me the sense that I was playing Resident Evil 2 or even Resident Evil, or some kind of remake. It just feels disconnected. Now I know this is a vertical slice and a small portion of the game but like a book something like this should be grasping you early to maintain interest and for me it didn't. Shame.

You have to remember that it's a demo, and Capcom have already stated that the items are placed differently, and ammo is more scarce in the actual game.

The game DOES have a very strong vignette, and maybe that's the reason for it?  I didn't realize though that it was THAT strong until a guy on ResetERA posted a gif of it on vs off.  It's there the entire time too, and it is largely responsible for fucking with the brightness of the dark hallways as well.  Why in the world would they use such a strong vignette, if not to maybe cover up the lower resolution?  I think it's a decent possibility.  It's not the WORST thing in the world.. the game still looks amazing to me on consoles, but luckily though on PC you can disable it.. which I've done.  It looks SO much better.  Reshade then cleans up the softness of the TAA implementation and gives better contrast.

Default brightness settings + Rec.709 colorspace

32897253368_4c56342883_k.jpg

Adjusted brightness settings + no Reshade PC 4K

39807466463_64773ae9d2_k.jpg

Adjusted brightness settings + Vignette Removed + Reshade

32897158008_75814d2730_k.jpg

I mean, fuck.. look how much brighter the lights become and how much easier it is to see, especially along the periphery... despite being more contrasty.  It's a night and day difference, and looks awesome.  This also goes for the dark hallways.  It's dark like it should be, but you can actually see.  Just compare the first pic to the last pic.  Washed out and soft, then sharp, clear and much brighter and contrasty.

I'm not joking when I say this game looks phenomenal after the changes.  To me anyway...  This is 100% how I'm going to play the game :glad: 

• Like 1

nothing grabbed me either or posed a danger. but I know it's a demonstration of the game. play the game on hard and I'm sure you will have to run away more than once. 

its not too dark either and I like the environments.