OFFICIAL RESIDENT EVIL 2 Demo Thread - Demo going live in some regions already

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PC.    

the win10 familyHBFR!     GIMPED across the board due to Capcom's sense of honour and self worth to JAPAN.   Thank you SONY for killing XBONEXand ensuring broken RE2 versions for b

So they datamined the demo (obviously this was going to happen) and apparently there's an unlockable fixed camera mode in the full game     Also here's some shots of the PC version in ultraw

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

If you say so.

I mean, I don't see why you were arguing this. It looks fine, but not amazing. Not at all. 

You don't notice the brightness levels?? The nerds at era were talking about it too and its the first thing I noticed on xbox and PC. Tho I will say it probably looks a lot better at 4k. Looks pretty blurry on my PC at 1080p. 

Just now, Jon2B said:

lmao youll probably be ok at 108060 on medium

thanks bro. I hope so. I really want to play this game. My money is ready.  :glad: 

Just now, Jon2B said:

Did you not play the demo yet? It sold me on the game that's for sure.

I wait for that damn thing. There's no demo on steam yet. (for me at least) FUCK

11 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I mean, I don't see why you were arguing this. It looks fine, but not amazing. Not at all. 

You don't notice the brightness levels?? The nerds at era were talking about it too and its the first thing I noticed on xbox and PC. Tho I will say it probably looks a lot better at 4k. Looks pretty blurry on my PC at 1080p. 

I've noticed the same brightness levels that have been shown since the game was very first announced... :| 

Yes, some area's are slightly washed out.  I'm not using the sRGB colorspace though... I'm using BT.709 which means the game is dark.. but not grey.  Try changing it on console if you can.

It looks stunning at times.. and good at others.  Some areas are more interesting than others visually.  Considering the target fps for consoles... it looks pretty damn good as a game.  Of course it could be better...

It's blurry as fuck on consoles though, but not on PC at 4K+.  It's got an aggressive DOF effect that's always doing something.. but on PC I can turn all that shit off... same with Chromatic Aberration and film grain.

So yea, I think it looks great, and the controls are awesome :glad: 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

The demo was great. Short, but I can tell the finished game will be awesome. It’s not as good looking as I thought it would be, but still nice, regardless. 

I wish they would have targeted 30fps on consoles :sad: 

4 minutes ago, -GD- said:

Word. Still, I’m pumped. 

Oh fuck yea.  This is an older demo we shouldn't forget.  I'm sure there's been little changes here and there.  Mostly everything is great though.  It controls really well.  Which was one concern I had.  I thought it might feel too robotic (ala RE4/5/6) but they really nailed the controls imo.  If there's one thing I'd change, I'd have it so that the B button makes you run, instead of pushing the left stick in.

But god damn is the game ridiculously smooth.  It just feels sooo nice.  1440p at 144hz is like butter :whew: 

the demo is 7.3gb. I don't know how I should feel about a time limitation for a demo. 30 minutes is really short. Takes me an hour to download. 

Can you replay the demo after the 30 min time limit? lol that question hurts my heart as a gamer :shock:

Edited by kaz
5 minutes ago, kaz said:

the demo is 7.3gb. I don't know how I should feel about a time limitation for a demo. 30 minutes is really short. Takes me an hour to download. 

Can you replay the demo after the 30 min time limit? lol that question hurts my heart as a gamer :shock:

There's already a trainer out for PC which lets you have unlimited time.

6 minutes ago, kaz said:

lmao 7.3gb is like 10 mins to DL. Wha kind of 3rd world internet do you have