OFFICIAL RESIDENT EVIL 2 Demo Thread - Demo going live in some regions already

VGTech framerate comparison video

(X1X and PRO both render at 2880x1620 using a reconstruction technique, PRO downsamples when outputting at 1080p)

-X1X - mostly smooth 60fps, some dips during cutscenes and rare instances during gameplay

-PRO - hits 60fps a good amount of the time, but buckles during some cutscenes and gameplay with multiple zombies

(XO and PS4 both render at 1920x1080)

-XO - lowest framerate.. usually around ~40 to 35fps.. can fluctuate quite a bit during cutscenes and gameplay

-PS4 - usually around ~50 to 45fps.. and also fluctuates during cutscenes and gameplay

They should drop the "60fps mode" resolution on the X1X and PRO to 1440p and lock it, if possible.  Would be a better decision overall imo.  There's no 4K options for the demo, but I have a feeling they'll leave the fps unlocked in that mode too.  Probably hovering around the 35 fps mark on both consoles.  They should really just lock it to 30 and 60 and push the res as high as it will go on each system.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My PC.    

the win10 familyHBFR!     GIMPED across the board due to Capcom's sense of honour and self worth to JAPAN.   Thank you SONY for killing XBONEXand ensuring broken RE2 versions for b

So they datamined the demo (obviously this was going to happen) and apparently there's an unlockable fixed camera mode in the full game     Also here's some shots of the PC version in ultraw

33 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Why would they not lock the base consoles at 30 .

It's weird that they don't give you the option on consoles.  I mean it's right there in the PC version.  And I gotta say, the lock works perfectly on PC.  The game actually feels smooth even at 30, 60.  The unlocked fps though is just incredibly smooth.  I'm in awe by how smooth this engine performs at high fps.  This game has essentially perfect framepacing from what I can tell.  It's really damn good.

9 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

It's weird that they don't give you the option on consoles.  I mean it's right there in the PC version.  And I gotta say, the lock works perfectly on PC.  The game actually feels smooth even at 30, 60.  The unlocked fps though is just incredibly smooth.  I'm in awe by how smooth this engine performs at high fps.  This game has essentially perfect framepacing from what I can tell.  It's really damn good.

IT would be dumb to not just lock it at 30 or atleast drop to 900p and help get closer to 60 as an option

38 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

the win10 familyHBFR! :rofl: 

GIMPED across the board due to Capcom's sense of honour and self worth to JAPAN.

Thank you SONY for killing XBONEXand ensuring broken RE2 versions for both @DynamiteCop! and @Remij_. I would like them to have as poor experiences as possible! :glad: 

9Vx4.gif

1620p 45fps 

46362181421_15403f937a_o.png

RE2 on PRO

fjsTmTT.jpg

44408012890_83d589c8f8_o.gif

just finished it.

leon is one sexy motherfucker. his face, his hair, his ass :gasp: 

the controls on PC are really good, normally i change a lot buttons but they nailed it. using the mouse button for attacking and using items is awesome, going back with right mouse button is so good. this version isn't a fast port.

shooting zombies is fun as fuck, i like the way it plays slow and realistic. shooting off limbs or going for the head. the aiming mechanic is pretty cool, i figured you don't actually have to wait for the reticle to come to a hold to hit your target.

that one zombie that fell over the railing by the stairs LOL what an idiot :D 

I'm not sure how far I got I was at 25min when the licker appeared outside the window. I took my time to look at the graphics and leon's ass. 

one thing I really like is leon constantly saying stuff: the fat zombie slamming at the vending machine he said something like:"fucking bastard". usually swears a lot. love it. 

runs great too. combination of medium/high settings at 1080p, went 2gb vram over the limit and had maybe one freeze right at the beginning in the hallway, where every door is locked 

I really want to play this I hope it will go on sale in the first month.

the counterattack mechanic is really cool but it kinda ruins the "is it dead?" moment. you know the guy is dead when you can pick up your knife 

oh and the atmosphere is amazing. it isn't too dark, isn't too bright. using the flashlight to see stuff adds a lot of immersion I was glad when i could turn on the lights in a few rooms.

:bow: 

Edited by kaz

bro 3 references to Leon's ass. You may be telling us something. :drake:

as for brightness, I didn't quite understand the set-up for it. I may have put it too dark.  Will carefully do so later.

I got an amazon refund today for $45!  gift cards baby

56 minutes ago, Ike said:

I miss the decimal scores on GS. There’s can be a lot of variation between a 8-9 level games. 

true. simple though.  why nather decimels/ I guess it made it fun to compare and rage-war about it. We really all don't do that anymore.