Bungie and Activision are breaking up, and Bungie's keeping Destiny.

https://kotaku.com/bungie-splits-with-activision-1831651740

“We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny,” Bungie said in a blog post today. “Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.”

Edited by lynux3
  • Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is amazing news and something I never would've thought was possible. Everything wrong with Destiny is Activision policies. Can't wait to see what they do in the future now.    Apparentl

Well, if there were ever any doubts as to the boneheaded decisions made during Destiny 2, those doubts are now put to rest.

Anyone wanna guess who's at fault for Blizzard's shenanigans, now? :tard: 

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

The discussion has probably already begun, Bungie is almost literally on Microsoft's campus. 

I mean it only makes sense. Don't you see the Brilliance of MS. 

The purchase ot Capcom and Bungie will be announced by MS soon :whoo:

9 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Bungie makes no sense to me. Happily let go of Halo but so invested in Destiny?

I don't think Microsoft was in a position to offload their most successful IP, and I'm pretty sure Bungie was sick of Halo when they split from Microsoft.

Yeah, not sure why you guys think Bungie's just going to up and sell.  They have the foundations for a GaaS title, and a successful one at that.  If Activision is no longer pushing to monetize literally everything, they can probably self-sustain like Grinding Gear Games with a solid GaaS title, and Destiny can be that.

I would bet that without Activision's influence, the game will improve.  Vastly.

Bungie is probably worth alot more now than they were when they left Microsoft.

They would be smart to try and churn out a Destiny 3 and give themselves on more payday. However, the main reason why Bungie only completed 2 Destiny games in 8 years with Activision was because they are stuck with a horrific game engine that is slowing down their development process.

45 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

latest?cb=20130817001134

Confirmed. :ooh:

Bungie..............rhymes with spongey.

A sponge LOOKS like the moon.

And moon is the SAME SHAPE AS THE NUMBER OF EXCLUSIVES THAT THE XBOX ONE HAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Holy fucking shit. Confirmed.

58 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Yeah, not sure why you guys think Bungie's just going to up and sell.  They have the foundations for a GaaS title, and a successful one at that.  If Activision is no longer pushing to monetize literally everything, they can probably self-sustain like Grinding Gear Games with a solid GaaS title, and Destiny can be that.

I would bet that without Activision's influence, the game will improve.  Vastly.

Yeah, I agree. But the thing is the base game of Destiny 2 is horrendous and as far as I know it takes them a lot of time to come up with new DLC content. And all DLC's sound lame as fuck.

They lost me already I will never touch this garbage again but I can see it being a proper F2P game if they put as much effort as GGG does with every little patch and content update.

The difference is GGG cares about their game, I can't say the same about Destiny 2, which is supposedly an AAA title. ( :mj: ).

It's amazing how far off Bungie was with Destiny 2 after coming off Destiny's success. What a complete and utter disaster. The game is still in limbo in terms of quality content. Forsaken was alright, but it's still the same old bullshit with zero redeeming qualities.

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

It's amazing how far off Bungie was with Destiny 2 after coming off Destiny's success. What a complete and utter disaster. The game is still in limbo in terms of quality content. Forsaken was alright, but it's still the same old bullshit with zero redeeming qualities.

I thought you like that garbage. You are the only person on this forum that I remember was defending Destiny. Glad you hate that game, because it IS garbage.