Bungie and Activision are breaking up, and Bungie's keeping Destiny.

4 minutes ago, kaz said:

I thought you like that garbage. You are the only person on this forum that I remember was defending Destiny. Glad you hate that game, because it IS garbage.

I did. I invested a lot of time in the original Destiny and it was a great game until the end (Rise of Iron). Destiny 2 is shallow, unbalanced and overwhelmingly repetitive. Most of my time in Destiny 2 was invested in the PvP aspect of the game until they fucked it into the ground. I haven't picked it up in months. I'm done with that garbage. :facep:

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This is amazing news and something I never would've thought was possible. Everything wrong with Destiny is Activision policies. Can't wait to see what they do in the future now.    Apparentl

I never ended up getting Destiny 2, or into the universe; at all. Shame really, since it looks great, runs smooth, but it just had a world I never got into - despite the cool intro mission.

4 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I did. I invested a lot of time in the original Destiny and it was a great game until the end (Rise of Iron). Destiny 2 is shallow, unbalanced and overwhelmingly repetitive. Most of my time in Destiny 2 was invested in the PvP aspect of the game until they fucked it into the ground. I haven't picked it up in months. I'm done with that garbage. :facep:

Yeah I read a lot of people praising the first game. The intro story mission was cool but everything after that was boring. Too bad because a FPS MMORPG sounds really cool. 

For beginner like me they did jackshit to make it appealing in any way. It's confusing as fuck.

I liked the main mission on Nessus where you had to rescue that "robot dude". The bad side of the AI computer was probably the best thing in this game. and IO was beautiful but after that I stopped playing. It's just so boring.

19 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I never ended up getting Destiny 2, or into the universe; at all. Shame really, since it looks great, runs smooth, but it just had a world I never got into - despite the cool intro mission.

You should be grateful you don't waste your time on it. 

1 minute ago, kaz said:

Yeah I read a lot of people praising the first game. The intro story mission was cool but everything after that was boring. Too bad because a FPS MMORPG sounds really cool. 

For beginner like me they did jackshit to make it appealing in any way. It's confusing as fuck.

I liked the main mission on Nessus where you had to rescue that "robot dude". The bad side of the AI computer was probably the best thing in this game. and IO was beautiful but after that I stopped playing. It's just so boring.

It does get boring and mostly repetitive. The missions themselves are you retreading areas you've already been through, it's really weak. The game is best played with friends since 99% of the missions are co-op (up to 3). I think Bungie has the right idea it's just poorly executed... they should have kept expanding the original Destiny universe and made it a real GaaS, but instead we got Destiny 2. :shake:

I think its a big opportunity for Bungie to continue Destiny.

Activision spent a FORTUNE on those commercials to give the IP brand recognition, and now Bungie has sole control of the IP????

That's like Infinity Ward becoming an independent studio and keeping the CoD IP, they're be idiots to not develop a game in that franchise and let its name-recognition start to stagnate.

Bungie must have negotiatied a FANTASTIC contract with Activision all those years ago, that makes it clear to Activision that they can't fuck over Bungie should they break the contract.

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I feel the same. Hopefully Bungie gets back on their feet with Destiny 3. :juggle:

This is amazing news and something I never would've thought was possible. Everything wrong with Destiny is Activision policies. Can't wait to see what they do in the future now. 

Apparently the staff are over the moon also 

• Upvote 1

In what world did this game flop? :D

Everything that hardcore fans have hated about the game is from the Activision side. The pushing of microtransaction, the incorporation of heavily grindy and repetitive tasks to increase player game time, making Destiny 2 more casual focused as opposed to building on how Destiny ended up after Taken King, etc. 

Regardless this is amazing news for fans of the franchise and for ppl that aren't fans this is great too because now it might change and you may like it. Literally zero way this is bad. 

1 minute ago, Twinblade said:

It would be huge if they partnered with Sony or MS. Imagine a Destiny game thats exclusive to either the PS4 or Xbone.

Hopefully after partnering with MS and Activision previously and both ending with them wanting their own freedom they try a stint alone. 

2 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

It would be huge if they partnered with Sony or MS. Imagine a Destiny game thats exclusive to either the PS4 or Xbone.

This is probably the worst idea ever for this IP. Imagine Bungie making Destiny 3 without Activision injecting bullshit into Bungie's vision of the game releasing on all platforms with cross-play?

Edited by lynux3

they should ditch destinky, sign with sony and create a new FPS franchise to fill the HALO void.

Now that halo is dead/cucked by 343 and Nu-MS 's gay liberal policies and ideals, SONY & Bungie could have the whole sci-fi FPS market to themselves.

COD + New Bungie FPS + Japanese support and SONY essentially channels the godliness of the Xbox 360 all over again. :glad: 

Bungie is not going to turn around and chain-down the Destiny IP all over again.

I think that brand name is hot enough that Bungie can go to venture capitalists and gather the funding on their own (Probably $50-$60 million to develop it, and another $50 million to market it) and they make one bigass Destiny game.

PS4/XBO/PC, cross-play between all platforms. They'll pay back their investors and make themselves a generous amount of money and sell plenty of DLC content and have a nice long tail.

This is a rare situation for an independent developer to be in.  If they play this right, and really get people back into the lore of the Destiny universe, they could become the next Epic Games. And by that, I mean pre-2018 Epic Games, where they were just a comfortably secure independent studio.

25 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Bungie is not going to turn around and chain-down the Destiny IP all over again.

I think that brand name is hot enough that Bungie can go to venture capitalists and gather the funding on their own (Probably $50-$60 million to develop it, and another $50 million to market it) and they make one bigass Destiny game.

PS4/XBO/PC, cross-play between all platforms. They'll pay back their investors and make themselves a generous amount of money and sell plenty of DLC content and have a nice long tail.

This is a rare situation for an independent developer to be in.  If they play this right, and really get people back into the lore of the Destiny universe, they could become the next Epic Games. And by that, I mean pre-2018 Epic Games, where they were just a comfortably secure independent studio.

This would be the way to go.

I still don't know how they managed to walk away from Activision with the Destiny IP. Would love to hear the story some day.