Honest pros and cons about the current gen from a casual ass gamer

I've owned all three for a few years now

PS4:

Great game selection

Awesome first party original single player games. Friendly atmosphere for new devs creating new IP

Console is snappy, UI fast as shit

For an extra $100 Pro is an impressive with a 4k TV

Horrendous controller. Don't even defend this fuckin light, weak ass battery having non ergonomic piece of shit with terrible triggers. Feels like a lighter fork springs. Fuck you Sony

Bad multiplayer interface for parties

No 4k blu-ray on the Pro

Never use it for multiplats after 1x came out

Xbox:

1x is a beast

Best controller ever made to date Elite controller

Best stock controller on the market

Best multiplayer interface with parties and everything else

Horrendous UI still clunky half a decade later

No first party games or support and no incentive for creative people to develop new IPs

Did I mention the UI holy fucking shit it's bad

Where the fuck are the games Microsoft?

Switch:

Best handheld on the market

Decent selection of first party games if you're into that weird Japanese shit

Great ports for on the go gaming 

Pro controller is better than Dualshock but 1/Elite controller is still king

Worst controller of the gen when in handheld mode. I have to hold it like I have arthritis to get any good combos in and then it actually gave me arthritis. Fuck you Nintendo

Second worst controller of the gen when using joylesscons in TV mode. What even is this thing? 

Battery life sucks dick

Graphics on 4k TV are straight up disrespectful

That's about it. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

nah. not even close. 

Yes, by a mile. The Xbox One controller is cheap hard plastic, feels like shit, still uses AA batteries and the bumpers/triggers are fucking awful. :puke: They should have stuck with the Xbox 360 controller. The only issue with the DualShock 4 is the light bar, but setting the dimmer down the battery life is acceptable.

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

Yes, by a mile. The Xbox One controller is cheap hard plastic, feels like shit, still uses AA batteries and the bumpers/triggers are fucking awful. :puke: They should have stuck with the Xbox 360 controller. The only issue with the DualShock 4 is the light bar, but setting the dimmer down the battery life is acceptable.

Look at this dishonest shill lmfao.

Only the battery complaint is a valid one, overall the X controller is simply better

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, bhytre said:

Look at this dishonest shill lmfao.

Only the battery complaint is a valid one, overall the X controller is simply better

No it's not. I use both regularly. It's all subjective... forgot to mention the D-Pad is a fuckin' nightmare and the Xbox button is nearly flush with the controller so it doesn't register all the time. :D Terrible design. :shake:

real talk the DS4 is not bad at all. it's gotten to the point where controller and online network are both up in the air, both are comparable.

as for games though, xbone is beyond behind in all categories. No exclusives, the fauXclusives are all 5.0 level shit, and it gets skipped on japanese titles and indies. western multiplats (the worst games possible) it has covered though, minus some exclusive content that also goes to ps4 (to the victor go the spoils).

Xbone is completely non-essential as a result

• Upvote 1

you're not a casual gamer, are you? peeps like bhxtyre, ramza and you turn me off... How can you love posting here and be considered a casual gamer?  why with all that knowledge be attracted to casual gaming?

Malaxis I get, he sucks.  Jonb1, eh, he tries.  but hah??

8 minutes ago, kokujin said:

you're not a casual gamer, are you? peeps like bhxtyre, ramza and you turn me off... How can you love posting here and be considered a casual gamer?  why with all that knowledge be attracted to casual gaming?

Malaxis I get, he sucks.  Jonb1, eh, he tries.  but hah??

I play more games in a month than you do in an entire year and I'm the casual gamer? 

Is it because I find a pos fighter like Smash to be more fun when played casually, the way it was designed to be played? Do you think I have the same mindset for every game or something? :D 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I play more games in a month than you do in an entire year and I'm the casual gamer? 

Is it because I find a pos fighter like Smash to be more fun when played casually, the way it was designed to be played? Do you think I have the same mindset for every game or something? :D 

your choice in games yes, and how fast you blaze through them. Then how you don't amazon search the fuck out of something nerdy then glorify it.

Also the fact that you'd rather lable yourself a causual gamer than go out of your way to not.  I'm actually saying people who don't (like me), are jaded, but I would hope ... nvm.

You tell me, fuck. Last I checked you just ran through a bunch of AAA singleplayer games. GD seems to play niche shit. I haven't seen you do much except for DQ11.  And did you try and 100% or what/ How did you play it?  Did you play Xenoblade 2? Fighter are a thing of the old, but what were you nice at last gen?

Capcom vs SNK 2 brotha???

1 hour ago, kokujin said:

your choice in games yes, and how fast you blaze through them. Then how you don't amazon search the fuck out of something nerdy then glorify it.

Also the fact that you'd rather lable yourself a causual gamer than go out of your way to not.  I'm actually saying people who don't (like me), are jaded, but I would hope ... nvm.

You tell me, fuck. Last I checked you just ran through a bunch of AAA singleplayer games. GD seems to play niche shit. I haven't seen you do much except for DQ11.  And did you try and 100% or what/ How did you play it?  Did you play Xenoblade 2? Fighter are a thing of the old, but what were you nice at last gen?

Capcom vs SNK 2 brotha???

You don't know what you're talking about. I don't burn through all games super quickly or something. It really depends on the game, for instance I've been playing Rome 2 TW since 2014, probably thousands of hours into it. Not every game has that staying power or is worth such time investment, or has that much replayability, really that's just common sense. Regardless I don't see how that makes me casual or not.

I play niche games you never heard of, I play triple AAA games you hear too much about. I play new games, I replay old games. What does it matter? I did %100 DQXI and got the platinum. I did dig deep in that game because I found it fun to do so, once again, not every game is worth that much attention and not every game has to.

I still play fighting games. Almost all of them, really. Except DOA and Smash. Last-gen I put hundreds of hours in Third Strike on MAME, used to watch pro Japanese players to learn how to play the game properly. I just started playing it again with SF 30th Anniversary Collection. Trying to teach my friend how to play it. Once again, I don't do that with every fighting games. Like Capcom vs SNK 2 is an awesome fighter, but I can't say I ever dig deep into it, I still loved it though. Why does it matter?

Never played Xenoblade 2, I don't have a Switch, yet.

Are you satisfied now? 

1 minute ago, kokujin said:

I am more satisfied you fucking NERD. You don't work full-time. You game thousands of hours a week.  :-*  :-* 

I do work full time. I just don't sleep. :D :B-2:

• Like 1