So many free(ish) games

Just now, Jon2B said:

So you sold good parts and plan on buying worse parts lol what ?

I don't plan on doing anything, but I did break down my gaming rig that I hardly used and made money off of it. That's a win in my book. It was good timing to sell the 8700K before it became irrelevant when the 9900K and eventually the 3X00 series Ryzens show up. I sold it for more than what I paid and nearly got MSRP for the 1080 Ti. These parts were in high demand and a bunch of Retardmij's bought it all. :drake:

• Haha 2
3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

:D

But , 8700k and 1080 ti would still be better than next gen consoles :shrug:

Probably. I had fun with my build, but I found that I just don't game on PC often enough and essentially it was just sitting there doing nothing. My build did have quite a bit of down time because I broke some glass tubing and fucked up my Z370-E. :drake:  I'll venture back into the world of PussC gaming when DDR5, next gen M.2, ray-tracing is more mature and PCI 4.0 are the norm. :juggle:

I got too many PC parts sitting around so better to sell it off and have someone else make use of it. :shrug: Like this 32GB of DDR4 B-Die @ 3200MHz, delidded 7700K that I tried to sell Remij :drake:, an ITX board, 1TB M.2 that I can't use because it's an NVMe SSD and I don't want to waste it on a SATA3 M.2 slot, extra water cooling radiators, fittings, water blocks, etc. :tom: :mjcry:

Edited by lynux3
11 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

He CLAIMS he never used it....... and yet calls ME the retard... :drake: 

I'm just giving you a hard time per usual. :hest: I was watching those RTX tech demos and thought about getting that RTX 2060. The problem is no one is really rushing to support that shit right now so it's probably not worth it. That shit looked real noice though. :mjgrin:

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I'm just giving you a hard time per usual. :hest: I was watching those RTX tech demos and thought about getting that RTX 2060. The problem is no one is really rushing to support that shit right now so it's probably not worth it. That shit looked real noice though. :mjgrin:

There's work being done behind the scenes with ray-tracing (Sony and MS), and it will gain more traction in the future.  Not the immediate future mind you, but that's why it's important to get the API, GPUs, and drivers all nice and established so that things are primed for when devs catch up.

Right now, let's be real... they're not worth purchasing for ray-tracing... but there's plenty of other advancements these GPUs have which haven't been taken advantage of yet.  Mesh shaders, VRS, and the Tensor cores have a lot of potential, not even counting just DLSS.  Support is coming though because this is Nvidia's new architecture going forward... so once the cards reach a certain saturation point, then the whole range supports RTX and devs will start to utilize it more and more.

I also think we'll see PS5 and X2 games use light ray-tracing very selectively.. but enough that they push development in that direction and devs will fully accelerated the PC versions of games.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

There's work being done behind the scenes with ray-tracing (Sony and MS), and it will gain more traction in the future.  Not the immediate future mind you, but that's why it's important to get the API, GPUs, and drivers all nice and established so that things are primed for when devs catch up.

Right now, let's be real... they're not worth purchasing for ray-tracing... but there's plenty of other advancements these GPUs have which haven't been taken advantage of yet.  Mesh shaders, VRS, and the Tensor cores have a lot of potential, not even counting just DLSS.  Support is coming though because this is Nvidia's new architecture going forward... so once the cards reach a certain saturation point, then the whole range supports RTX and devs will start to utilize it more and more.

I also think we'll see PS5 and X2 games use light ray-tracing very selectively.. but enough that they push development in that direction and devs will fully accelerated the PC versions of games.

Most definitely. It's just a matter of time before this becomes a normal feature in gaming, and based on the progress of Battlefield V going from a somewhat underwhelming performance showing to what it is now it seems to be coming along quite nicely and quickly at that.

Admittedly, I'm more interested in the ray-tracing aspect of these cards, but you're right they do offer more than just that. Ampere will be really interesting and tempting when it rolls around.

Makes me wonder if PS5/X2 are going to have any kind of ray-tracing at all. There was that recent bit about Polyphony developing their own ray-tracing technology: https://wccftech.com/gran-turismo-polyphony-raytracing/

19 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

I'm getting a 2060 but not for Ray Tracing lol . BF5 maxes out the vram at 1080p on that card . It's not gonna cut it .

Plus like you said nobody is gonna spend the time on that until consoles do it. 

2 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Most definitely. It's just a matter of time before this becomes a normal feature in gaming, and based on the progress of Battlefield V going from a somewhat underwhelming performance showing to what it is now it seems to be coming along quite nicely and quickly at that.

Admittedly, I'm more interested in the ray-tracing aspect of these cards, but you're right they do offer more than just that. Ampere will be really interesting and tempting when it rolls around.

Makes me wonder if PS5/X2 are going to have any kind of ray-tracing at all. There was that recent bit about Polyphony developing their own ray-tracing technology: https://wccftech.com/gran-turismo-polyphony-raytracing/

Yea I saw that.  

I think certain devs will definitely make use of it.  It's important to remember that PS4/XO actually DO have a ray-traced game in Claybook.  It's relatively simplistic.. but it's not like they don't have the ability to do it... they'll just have to be very selective about how many rays they cast and for what surfaces.  Devs like Guerrilla Games and Naughty Dog I expect will use ray-traced effects in future PS5 games.

Same with Polyphony Digital.. You can be DAMN sure that they know the key to getting truly photo-realistic visuals in their game is to ray-trace reflections on the cars.  That's the single biggest thing that will push their gfx to literally photo-realistic.

So yea.. devs are definitely gearing up... but it will still take a while.  I look at the RE2 demo though.. and man the SSR are just rough.  There's tons of artifacting that would be cleaned up completely with ray-tracing.  We know that RE2 will support RTX in the future, but not ray-tracing specifically.  Hopefully they do in a future patch though.. it would help immensely. 

10 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I'm getting a 2060 but not for Ray Tracing lol . BF5 maxes out the vram at 1080p on that card . It's not gonna cut it .

Plus like you said nobody is gonna spend the time on that until consoles do it. 

Most middleware engines already support DXR. 

Considering how quickly DICE added it to BF5.. I don't think it's a huge stretch.  More and more will follow.  Still though... it IS disappointing that the only game that supports it is BF5 still... months after release.  Where the fuck is the Tomb Raider patch?

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Most middleware engines already support DXR. 

Considering how quickly DICE added it to BF5.. I don't think it's a huge stretch.  More and more will follow.  Still though... it IS disappointing that the only game that supports it is BF5 still... months after release.  Where the fuck is the Tomb Raider patch?

I've watched videos and am not that imlressed with rt especially with the perf hit . I'll try bf5 when I get my 2060 but I'm expecting that to probably be the only big budget game that the 2060 will be able to do it in at 60fps.

5 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

You can play Path of Exile, and Tera for free on PS4 like I am. With no PSN Plus required either. 

On PC gaming there is even more F2P material that's great. 

There is nothing special about a game being free. 

Completely missed the point.  No surprise , you fucking dumbo