Sea of Thieves just wont die :glad:

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Because they were blow 10k, dummy.  :drake: 

Why don't you want to talk about the fact that people are watching it now? :danylol: 

Exactly. They're just watching. No one is actually playing this garbage, including you. :mj:

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Amazing exclusive.  Love it.

He can play what he wants but if your argument for SoT not being dead is if Summit decides to play it or not then the game is in even worse shape than I thought 

More and more streamers are getting into it.  The game's popularity is coming back.  Earlier there was more than 120K+ viewers and the game was #2.     Now that it's later it's dro

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Nothing says healthy like a 90% reduction in twitch viewers when 1 guy logs off :mj:

That 1 guy has his highest viewership ever recorded when he started playing Sea of Thieves again. :reg: 

Why don't we talk about the fact that he's been playing it for months, and the viewership is growing?

Why don't we talk about the fact that it's all he wants to play? 

Why don't we talk about the fact that the viewers love watching him play that game?

Why don't we talk about... no wait, there's no need.. SoT :blessed: 

3 minutes ago, lynux3 said:

Exactly. They're just watching. No one is actually playing this garbage, including you. :mj:

Bullshit.  Lots of people are playing this game still.  Summit's stream wouldn't be watched if nobody was playing the game, dummy. :juggle: 

5 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

He can play what he wants but if your argument for SoT not being dead is if Summit decides to play it or not then the game is in even worse shape than I thought :tom:

Nah.  The game isn't dead regardless of what summit does.  The title of this thread was referring to the stream viewership.  There's always been a decent sized community that plays this game.  Summit getting back into it and enjoying the fuck out of it after a hiatus just shows that the game IS and CAN BE fun, and people love watching the shit he pulls off.  

Have you guys seen some of the shit he's pulled off in the game?  It's fucking hilarious.  If SoT was truly dead, Summit wouldn't be playing it. :shrug: 

7 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Nah.  The game isn't dead regardless of what summit does.  The title of this thread was referring to the stream viewership.  There's always been a decent sized community that plays this game.  Summit getting back into it and enjoying the fuck out of it after a hiatus just shows that the game IS and CAN BE fun, and people love watching the shit he pulls off.  

Have you guys seen some of the shit he's pulled off in the game?  It's fucking hilarious.  If SoT was truly dead, Summit wouldn't be playing it. :shrug: 

You're still one of the people that believe Twitch is actually about the game and not the streamer? People like Summit, Ninja, etc can play whatever they want and they will get viewers because ppl are subscribing to them, not to the game channel. Why do you think you sometimes see the most random ass games in the top 10.

The actual games were viewership shows how full of life they are are the constant Top 5/10s. Games like fortnite, LoL, Dota, pubg, overwatch, etc. Where regardless if some of the major players are off the game is still in the top 10. Not like SoT going from 700 viewers a little while back to this lol. 

13 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

You're still one of the people that believe Twitch is actually about the game and not the streamer? People like Summit, Ninja, etc can play whatever they want and they will get viewers because ppl are subscribing to them, not to the game channel. Why do you think you sometimes see the most random ass games in the top 10.

The actual games were viewership shows how full of life they are are the constant Top 5/10s. Games like fortnite, LoL, Dota, pubg, overwatch, etc. Where regardless if some of the major players are off the game is still in the top 10. Not like SoT going from 700 viewers a little while back to this lol. 

I'm really not.  lmao..  Is it not clear that this is a bait thread?

Don't get me wrong... I 100% believe that the game is great and Summit has stated that he's getting his highest viewership ever while playing this game..

But of course I know that most of Twitch is about the Streamers and not the game... cmon man..  That said, Ninja's viewership falls off a cliff when he's not playing Fortnite.  So does many others.

The fact remains that SoT has been GAINING viewership.  Summit started playing it again and enjoying the hell out of it, and his subscribers DOUBLED (edit.. actually his subscriber count has more than tripled, I just checked), and his viewership has more than tripled.  That's not a coincidence... that shows that there's interest in the game.  People want to watch him play it.

I don't understand why you guys can't just admit that interest is gaining in the game.  Even the amount of people watching when Summit's not playing is growing.  Before as you said, there was like 1 thousand... now there's consistently 5-10K people watching.  For comparison, Red Dead Online, which is a brand new game, incredibly successful game... and it's always lower than SoT.  Nobody wants to watch that boring shit.   :shrug: 

6 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

I'm really not.  lmao..  Is it not clear that this is a bait thread?

Don't get me wrong... I 100% believe that the game is great and Summit has stated that he's getting his highest viewership ever while playing this game..

But of course I know that most of Twitch is about the Streamers and not the game... cmon man..  That said, Ninja's viewership falls off a cliff when he's not playing Fortnite.  So does many others.

The fact remains that SoT has been GAINING viewership.  Summit started playing it again and enjoying the hell out of it, and his subscribers DOUBLED, and his viewership has more than tripled.  That's not a coincidence... that shows that there's interest in the game.  People want to watch him play it.

I don't understand why you guys can't just admit that interest is gaining in the game.  Even the amount of people watching when Summit's not playing is growing.  Before as you said, there was like 1 thousand... now there's consistently 5-10K people watching.  For comparison, Red Dead Online, which is a brand new game, incredibly successful game... and it's always lower than SoT.  Nobody wants to watch that boring shit.   :shrug: 

Of course I know you're baiting but what fun would it be if I don't bite :-*

Fortnite is an example where it most definitely is the game. It's practically number 1 regardless of who of the major streamers is on or off. The game is a beast.

The question with SoT will be if it can hold that core. Destiny viewship skyrockets through the year as certain events/raids or expansions come out. Think it even hit no.1 earlier this year with the Forsaken raid, but then diminishes as ppl return to other games. We'll see how SoT does in a few weeks.

Not gonna argue regarding Read Dead. That game as good as it is was painful and sometimes flat out boring to actually play, couldn't pay me to watch it. 

More and more streamers are getting into it.  The game's popularity is coming back.  Earlier there was more than 120K+ viewers and the game was #2.

289XLSs.png

Now that it's later it's dropped but still doing good (everything dropped by about half, not just SoT)

32960038618_f2bc12b7df_o.png

When the Arena update launches, I expect the popularity to rise much more :smoke: 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Rare is doing an excellent job building and supporting the game, and people see that. They're coming back around. 

Hell yea.  And they've expanded their team as well.  There's more people working on the game than ever before.  The Arena expansion has a real shot of exploding the game's popularity even further.

• Upvote 1