Gabriel Knight 2: The Beast Within (1995) - the greatest game that you never heard of

9 minutes ago, Boss said:

Never liked full motion actors in videos games and the mid 90s were chalk full of this awful trend.  

There were quite a few good ones. I don't really play them much but watch youtube playthroughs for the story. Some of these are WAY better than 99% of actual movies (like this game). 

Plus, I'd prefer the graphics to be this way rather than 10-pixel garbage. The graphics for most of them are actually kinda impressive given that they came out in 1994, 1995, 1996, etc.

I've been watching the FMV game Black Dahlia on YouTube after reading a YouTube comment.  So far it's pretty good.

It's about an investigation into a serial killer during WW2. 

The plot and presentation of this shit is literally more entertaining and gripping than any TV show or movie I've seen. Holy fuck it's so good. 

hqdefault.jpg

On 2019-01-16 at 2:37 PM, SheepKilla said:

Why didn't you tell me the first and third of these games are not movies? The first game looks really cool but man that old grandma voice actor is so terrible. :| 

I will try this game, maybe I will try 2 after.

9 minutes ago, kaz said:

Why didn't you tell me the first and third of these games are not movies? The first game looks really cool but man that old grandma voice actor is so terrible. :| 

I will try this game, maybe I will try 2 after.

lmfao, I've been meaning to play 1 (Sins of the Father) myself. Heard it was amazing. 

3 looks the worst of the bunch, but my favorite will always be 2 (Beast Within) no matter what. 

Also, they have actual Hollywood actors for this shit. Tim Curry was the fucking voice of Gabriel in #1. And they have Mark Hamil too in #1. 

With that said, I agree with you that the voice sounds weird compared to what i'm used to for Gabriel. I have a feeling it eventually grows on you though.