It's been two years since Cancelbound.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this was one of the most significant cancellations of all time. This game is one of the major reasons why I, and a ton of other people abandoned xbox. This one game is now a part of gaming history for

I remember lemmings blamed Platinum and called them a C rate developer....   MS Cancels a 3rd party exclusive but still releases 5tate of Decay,  6 of Thieves and Below A etc  .   

Posted Images

this was one of the most significant cancellations of all time. This game is one of the major reasons why I, and a ton of other people abandoned xbox. This one game is now a part of gaming history forever.

Let me recount the history of Scalebound...

There was a lot riding on this game, it was a huge high profile japanese exclusive that the 'Bone would never go on to get ever again. The absolute salt by the PS4 community when this was announced was huge, too. People like to forget, but NEOGAF weaboos especially would break down at the mention of this game. The whole world, especially Japanese game fans were all out for MS's blood at this time, and now they had stolen Kamiya's next masterpiece away from the '#4theGamers' Playstation, and Nintendo had locked down Bayonetta. The precious PS4 was getting shut out of platinum Games. (Nier wasn't announced at this time). Everything looks bright. I'm decked out in scalebound sigs and avatars, this is it: the Lost Odyssey moment for Xbox one.

The fall begins...

Fast forward a year or two from scalebound's reveal.  MS sells out to PC. Scalebound is now multiplat, and the Xbox haters rejoice. IF Scalebound is good, nobody needs an Xbone to play it. PS4 fans are still pissed though, seems like everyone, even the slimey hermits are included in Platinum's reindeer games, but not the cows, the gatekeepers of all japanese games. :rofl: They're fuming.

Time goes by, the world is shocked by the announcement of Nier Automata exclusively for PS4. Seems Nier is back, completely unexpected, and it's only on PS4.Scalebound's worth is immensely lessened to cows. But there's more.

At this time, Everything on Xbox flops. Recore? Shit. Gears? SJW 7.0/10 romp made by amateurs. Xbox is dead already in japan and we're begging for ports after FF type-0 moved maybe 25 units on 'Bone. Xcluded becomes the norm for japanese games. We all know our lineup sucks ass, we all know we have no japanese support, but we do have scalebound. We have scalebound, dammit!

January 2017. Rumblings are that MS is cancelling a 1st party game. I hold my breath and pray it's crackdown 3. I pray it's Sea of thieves. Hell, I pray it's the next Coalition Gears or 343i Halo game. just not Scalebound, anything but scalebound! :

it is. 

A half-hearted, child -like reply by the clown in charge. "we belive itz better 4 gamerz, lol :woo:". He doesn't even take the time to type out the "4".  Fans are FURIOUS. "Focus on 2017 lineup:woo:" WHAT LINEUP? Halo Wars 2?  we have shit all and everyone knows it. 

Neogaf weebs REJOICE AND CELEBRATE the cancellation - one less good game for the rival platform, no more japanese games for xbox. No more.

Worry sets in.

Disaster awaits in 2017...

To add insult to injury, 2017 was probably the best year ever for PS4 and the worst year ever for 'Bone. Nioh is dropping, and it's AAA. Yakuza 0, AAA. Persona 5, GOTG level. Nier comes out; and it's a bonafide GOTY level hit. Everything Sony touches turns to gold, and everything we touch turns to shit.

PS4 is delivering. No more greatness awaits, greatness is here and it's assfucking the 'Bone every week almost with an AAA qualityJapanese title. Switch is about to drop and 10.0 out of the gate with Zelda. Everyone is eating but us, hell, team Green are fucking starving at this point.

2017 lineup for Xbone is so bad a huge chunk of the fanbase taps out. Japanese game fans? Hell, mentally we had checked out in 2015, but scalebound kept us grounded, now, that was no more. I can chart a 50% loss in fanbase in this terrible year alone. 

I take the plunge: When faced with the impending decision to get a One X, I switch sides and get the PS4 Pro, saving myself $700CDN on a multiplat windows 10 companion shit box with no japanese games.

2018 hits...

PS4 doesn't relent its brutal anal assault on the Bone. Switch is up and coming, and becomes an even better platform. Bone is sinking to 3rd place. Sony puts out God of War, another 25% of xbox guys tap out and switch sides. FauXclusives are all 5.0ing and 6.0ing at this point. Xbox sinks to laughing stock status. Spiderman drops in sept, the remaining xbox fans scatter. It's over: Xbone hasn't just lost, it's dead and buried.

2019: the current timeline

My Bone sits on eBay, and i transition to PS4/Switch ownership, drowning in a back log of Japanese titles I was never afforded by the inept management at MS.

Bone is at the bottom of the pack. A dumping ground for western SJW  multiplats. No identity, no exclusives, let alone japanese ones. Devs are gimping Bone X support because they just don't care. Bone had such a bad showing people question xbox's relevance in gaming. I anticipate being first in line for a PS5, never allowing myself to be on the losing side of XBONE ever again.

This is the darkest timeline, and it all starts with the cancellation of scalebound. Make no mistake, this game was the death of Xbox.

Edited by Bodycount N
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
21 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

this was one of the most significant cancellations of all time. This game is one of the major reasons why I, and a ton of other people abandoned xbox. This one game is now a part of gaming history forever.

Let me recount the history of Scalebound...

There was a lot riding on this game, it was a huge high profile japanese exclusive that the 'Bone would never go on to get ever again. The absolute salt by the PS4 community when this was announced was huge, too. People like to forget, but NEOGAF weaboos especially would break down at the mention of this game. The whole world, especially Japanese game fans were all out for MS's blood at this time, and now they had stolen Kamiya's next masterpiece away from the '#4theGamers' Playstation, and Nintendo had locked down Bayonetta. The precious PS4 was getting shut out of platinum Games. (Nier wasn't announced at this time). Everything looks bright. I'm decked out in scalebound sigs and avatars, this is it: the Lost Odyssey moment for Xbox one.

The fall begins...

Fast forward a year or two from scalebound's reveal.  MS sells out to PC. Scalebound is now multiplat, and the Xbox haters rejoice. IF Scalebound is good, nobody needs an Xbone to play it. PS4 fans are still pissed though, seems like everyone, even the slimey hermits are included in Platinum's reindeer games, but not the cows, the gatekeepers of all japanese games. :rofl: They're fuming.

Time goes by, the world is shocked by the announcement of Nier Automata exclusively for PS4. Seems Nier is back, completely unexpected, and it's only on PS4.Scalebound's worth is immensely lessened to cows. But there's more.

At this time, Everything on Xbox flops. Recore? Shit. Gears? SJW 7.0/10 romp made by amateurs. Xbox is dead already in japan and we're begging for ports after FF type-0 moved maybe 25 units on 'Bone. Xcluded becomes the norm for japanese games. We all know our lineup sucks ass, we all know we have no japanese support, but we do have scalebound. We have scalebound, dammit!

January 2017. Rumblings are that MS is cancelling a 1st party game. I hold my breath and pray it's crackdown 3. I pray it's Sea of thieves. Hell, I pray it's the next Coalition Gears or 343i Halo game. just not Scalebound, anything but scalebound! :

it is. 

A half-hearted, child -like reply by the clown in charge. "we belive itz better 4 gamerz, lol :woo:". He doesn't even take the time to type out the "4".  Fans are FURIOUS. "Focus on 2017 lineup:woo:" WHAT LINEUP? Halo Wars 2?  we have shit all and everyone knows it. 

Neogaf weebs REJOICE AND CELEBRATE the cancellation - one less good game for the rival platform, no more japanese games for xbox. No more.

Worry sets in.

Disaster awaits in 2017...

To add insult to injury, 2017 was probably the best year ever for PS4 and the worst year ever for 'Bone. Nioh is dropping, and it's AAA. Yakuza 0, AAA. Persona 5, GOTG level. Nier comes out; and it's a bonafide GOTY level hit. Everything Sony touches turns to gold, and everything we touch turns to shit.

PS4 is delivering. No more greatness awaits, greatness is here and it's assfucking the 'Bone every week almost with an AAA qualityJapanese title. Switch is about to drop and 10.0 out of the gate with Zelda. Everyone is eating but us, hell, team Green are fucking starving at this point.

2017 lineup for Xbone is so bad a huge chunk of the fanbase taps out. Japanese game fans? Hell, mentally we had checked out in 2015, but scalebound kept us grounded, now, that was no more. I can chart a 50% loss in fanbase in this terrible year alone. 

I take the plunge: When faced with the impending decision to get a One X, I switch sides and get the PS4 Pro, saving myself $700CDN on a multiplat windows 10 companion shit box with no japanese games.

2018 hits...

PS4 doesn't relent its brutal anal assault on the Bone. Switch is up and coming, and becomes an even better platform. Bone is sinking to 3rd place. Sony puts out God of War, another 25% of xbox guys tap out and switch sides. FauXclusives are all 5.0ing and 6.0ing at this point. Xbox sinks to laughing stock status. Spiderman drops in sept, the remaining xbox fans scatter. It's over: Xbone hasn't just lost, it's dead and buried.

2019: the current timeline

My Bone sits on eBay, and i transition to PS4/Switch ownership, drowning in a back log of Japanese titles I was never afforded by the inept management at MS.

Bone is at the bottom of the pack. A dumping ground for western SJW  multiplats. No identity, no exclusives, let alone japanese ones. Devs are gimping Bone X support because they just don't care. Bone had such a bad showing people question xbox's relevance in gaming. I anticipate being first in line for a PS5, never allowing myself to be on the losing side of XBONE ever again.

This is the darkest timeline, and it all starts with the cancellation of scalebound. Make no mistake, this game was the death of Xbox.

Tlhbk

18 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Psychos, the lot of you... Why are you keeping dibs on this...

Sheep are just butthurt they can't play RE2 , Metro , Sekiro , etc and NPD sales aren't out yet . What else do they have to talk about ?

here's what ive heard behind the scenes:

-MS forced Platinum to change the game to fit their plans on a whim. They went back and forced them to do multiplayer while Kamiya thought he was making a single player game. They also forced a Pity Port for PC which Kamiya never signed up for. Windows 10 killed this game.

-Japanese development is much different than in the West. MS gave him a checklist and milestones to hit every few months. Every few months they'd go check on the game and it was always behind their 'milestones'. Japanese devs don't work like this, the game is art and it's an artists job to make it work on their own terms. no one bangs on their door to check progress every few months.

-the game kept slipping behind, mostly from MS's windows PC meddling (Phil was transitioning from exclusives to a PC companion-box business model and switched everything mid development). this fucked up P*.

-P* kept taking the money and diverting it to their other projects. MS money was funnelled into funding Kora and Nier. MS found out and  thought they mismanaged funds and axed the project.

the reality is, it's just another case of Phil Spencer and the clown posse MISMANAGING projects. Scalebound, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Recore, Halo 5, Gears 4... everything these guys touch turns to shit.

Edited by Bodycount N