It's been two years since Cancelbound.

2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

here's what ive heard behind the scenes:

-MS forced Platinum to change the game to fit their plans on a whim. They went back and forced them to do multiplayer while Kamiya thought he was making a single player game. They also forced a Pity Port for PC which Kamiya never signed up for. Windows 10 killed this game.

-Japanese development is much different than in the West. MS gave him a checklist and milestones to hit every few months. Every few months they'd go check on the game and it was always behind their 'milestones'. Japanese devs don't work like this, the game is art and it's an artists job to make it work on their own terms. no one bangs on their door to check progress every few months.

-the game kept slipping behind, mostly from MS's windows PC meddling (Phil was transitioning from exclusives to a PC companion-box business model and switched everything mid development). this fucked up P*.

-P* kept taking the money and diverting it to their other projects. MS money was funnelled into funding Kora and Nier. MS found out and  thought they mismanaged funds and axed the project.

the reality is, it's just another case of Phil Spencer and the clown posse MISMANAGING projects. Scalebound, State of Decay 2, Sea of Thieves, Recore, Halo 5, Gears 4... everything these guys touch turns to shit.

Literally made up from top to bottom. 

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this was one of the most significant cancellations of all time. This game is one of the major reasons why I, and a ton of other people abandoned xbox. This one game is now a part of gaming history for

I remember lemmings blamed Platinum and called them a C rate developer....   MS Cancels a 3rd party exclusive but still releases 5tate of Decay,  6 of Thieves and Below A etc  .   

Posted Images

when you have a 100% failure rate on your projects, (literally every game flops and is shit) I think it's safe to say the info is legit.

Keep in mind Phil and his cronies penned the 2013 business model (spycam, $500, DRM).

These guys are literally retarded. I have no doubt they were largely responsible for sinking the project.

24 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

when you have a 100% failure rate on your projects, (literally every game flops and is shit) I think it's safe to say the info is legit.

Keep in mind Phil and his cronies penned the 2013 business model (spycam, $500, DRM).

These guys are literally retarded. I have no doubt they were largely responsible for sinking the project.

Glad they killed Xbox so you were forced to run to Playstation.  :juggle: 

Bodybitch playing COD with the DS4 :rofl: ....following the breadcrumbs of past "Xbox games" over to Playstation and wiggling his joycons screaming "LOOK, We got REAL exclusives!!! :cruise: 

This gen has been incredible  :tom: 

• Haha 1
4 hours ago, Jon2B said:

So you googled the anniversary ? Lol 

3 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Psychos, the lot of you... Why are you keeping dibs on this...

actually theres threads on this on resetera and gaf, from which people regularly poach topics from, crybaby bitches :hest: 

40 minutes ago, Quad Damage said:

actually theres threads on this on resetera and gaf, from which people regularly poach topics from, crybaby bitches :hest: 

Jennifer and Autistic Cop both want to forget traumatic experiences :feelsbadman:

Edited by Goukosan
4 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Makes you wonder just how bad a state it was in if it warranted cancellation while State of Decay and  Sea of Thieves were considered ready for release. 

It was probably better, just it actually costed money.

SOD 2 and SOT clearly had shoestring budgets and came from mediocre, worthless devs that can't charge for their 'work', both rare and whoever the fuck make SOD are laughing stock budget studios.

The audacity of lemmings to make claims that we bookmarked this shit, or study it, is as desperate as it is hilarious; were it not for the fact they haven't had any exclusives for such a long duration of their consoles lifespan and end up with all these cancelled and/or delayed games, perhaps it would standout  less to the other factions. Your trash console, and its lack of direction, make your ownage (self, or otherwise inflicted) that much easier.

This is hardly cherrypicking; well it could be if all you're doing is picking them up the ground... :haloben:

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

The audacity of lemmings to make claims that we bookmarked this shit, or study it, is as desperate as it is hilarious; were it not for the fact they haven't had any exclusives for such a long duration of their consoles lifespan and end up with all these cancelled and/or delayed games, perhaps it would standout  less to the other factions. Your trash console, and its lack of direction, make your ownage (self, or otherwise inflicted) that much easier.

This is hardly cherrypicking; well it could be if all you're doing is picking them up the ground... :haloben:

I hadn't even thought about Scalebound in like a year and a half let alone kept track of the anniversary for which it was canceled. You guys need other hobbies. 

29 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I hadn't even thought about Scalebound in like a year and a half let alone kept track of the anniversary for which it was canceled. You guys need other hobbies. 

you're collecting movies on LaserDisc from 30 years ago, chances are you remembered Scalebound. :rofl: Or has Xflop Done and Xboner X rotted your brain.

9 hours ago, Quad Damage said:

Lmao we all know your favorites tab is 600 old posts from me and Dyno :D

go play a game or something LOL

3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

13K posts in barely over 1 year? :mj:

I means it's not Dayo levels of activity (then again only ShadowMario could compete, and only for stretches) but still an astounding level of PR activity. :ben:

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Goukosan said:

13K posts in barely over 1 year? :mj:

Deeno's problem is, and always has been, a complete lack of self awareness.  Dude has no place telling other people to get more hobbies.