It's been two years since Cancelbound.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

this was one of the most significant cancellations of all time. This game is one of the major reasons why I, and a ton of other people abandoned xbox. This one game is now a part of gaming history for

I remember lemmings blamed Platinum and called them a C rate developer....   MS Cancels a 3rd party exclusive but still releases 5tate of Decay,  6 of Thieves and Below A etc  .   

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

and apparently living on SW is one of them.. lol

He's almost doubled my post count in 1.x years then I've made since 2005.  I'd say SWing is his core hobby.

I brewed beer last night.  Made a coffee stout.  Here's hoping it comes out. :happysad:

48 minutes ago, MalaXmaS said:

You know Bodyodor is still hurt that whenever we talk about MS, he writes huge paragraphs that non one will read.

I'm very bitter. remember they reeled me in for a Phat 'Bone @ launch, then I got the $600 'Bone S with GearSJW 4 ultimate edition.

I'm out $1100 on hardware and for base 900p XBONE visuals. then XBL fees. then games. 

Thank God I controlled myself and didn't get the X. I got a PRO, a White one which apparently was super sought after. Sold it to some guy for $700.

Rebought the PRO with red dead for $500.

SONY's hot Japanese superiorly engineered product actually MADE me money! Infact I actually miss the BONE for the sole reason that it saved me money on games. There was never anything to buy on it but COD at the end of every year. Now with a PS4 and Switch, there's a new game every week. :glad: 

• 3 weeks later...
On 2019-01-14 at 6:10 AM, McWicked said:

He's almost doubled my post count in 1.x years then I've made since 2005.  I'd say SWing is his core hobby.

I brewed beer last night.  Made a coffee stout.  Here's hoping it comes out. :happysad:

I'm making apple cider tonight; if it turns out well it should be strong (13-16% AVB) and have a dry & crisp taste. :juggle:

• Upvote 1
8 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I'm making apple cider tonight; if it turns out well it should be strong (13-16% AVB) and have a dry & crisp taste. :juggle:

giphy.gif

My Stout turned out near-perfect.  It doesn't really taste like coffee, but it is a good stout.  I'm glad I made it.  Next go around I'll add some instant coffee mix to the boil to see if that increases the flavor.

Lemme know how your cider turns out, bruh. :smoke: 

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

giphy.gif

My Stout turned out near-perfect.  It doesn't really taste like coffee, but it is a good stout.  I'm glad I made it.  Next go around I'll add some instant coffee mix to the boil to see if that increases the flavor.

Lemme know how your cider turns out, bruh. :smoke: 

I started making it out East in the Maritimes, because we probably drink more during winter due to the shitty weather, and meet up at someone's house for a party/jam session.

Only need three ingredients as well:

- Apple Juice ( .97 per bottle at Wal-Mart)

- Wine/Champagne Yeast (more resilient culture for increased alcohol)

- Dextrose a.k.a. Corn Sugar (You don't actually consume that sugar; it's the fuel source for the above mentioned yeast)

2 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

I started making it out East in the Maritimes, because we probably drink more during winter due to the shitty weather, and meet up at someone's house for a party/jam session.

Only need three ingredients as well:

- Apple Juice ( .97 per bottle at Wal-Mart)

- Wine/Champagne Yeast (more resilient culture for increased alcohol)

- Dextrose a.k.a. Corn Sugar (You don't actually consume that sugar; it's the fuel source for the above mentioned yeast)

Yeah, I had a buddy make a simple honey mead.  It was too damn sweet when we tried it after 3 months of fermentation, so we decided to leave it in for another 5.  That'll be around April.

How long's the ferment on the ciders?  I stick with beers because as long as it's an Ale, it only takes two weeks. :]

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

Yeah, I had a buddy make a simple honey mead.  It was too damn sweet when we tried it after 3 months of fermentation, so we decided to leave it in for another 5.  That'll be around April.

How long's the ferment on the ciders?  I stick with beers because as long as it's an Ale, it only takes two weeks. :]

7-8 days and it's around 9-11%; leave it for two weeks, and it'll get to about 16%-19%.

• Thanks 1
5 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Word?  Fuck...I should make cider.

Yeah, and total investment for 4L is around $6-8 :D And you should have Yeast/Sugar left over for your other bottles.

Oh, and the beauty of it is the simplicity; I don't even get another bottle, I just pour yeast in from the packet, dump a bunch of sugar (until it looks slightly syrupy) into the 950ml (1 Quart) bottle the Apple Juice is sold in. Then you put the lid back on with half a rotation so that the cap is on, but allows the process (and bottle) to breathe.

1 minute ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah, and total investment for 4L is around $6-8 :D And you should have Yeast/Sugar left over for your other bottles.

Oh, and the beauty of it is the simplicity; I don't even get another bottle, I just pour yeast in from the packet, dump a bunch of sugar (until it looks slightly syrupy) into the 950ml (1 Quart) bottle the Apple Juice is sold in. Then you put the lid back on with half a rotation so that the cap is on, but allows the process (and bottle) to breathe.

What's the batch size?  

6 minutes ago, McWicked said:

What's the batch size?  

Like I said, I buy the bottle of Apple Juice (You can use any real fruit juice with actual fruit sugar [but it can not be Pasteurized] so Orange, Grape, etc) and pour my Yeast packet (about 1/3 to half per bottle which is 950ml (1 Quart) and you just scale up; and as for the Dextrose; just pour until it turns to like a soup broth thickness/viscosity.

3 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Like I said, I buy the bottle of Apple Juice (You can use any real fruit juice with actual fruit sugar [but it can not be Pasteurized] so Orange, Grape, etc) and pour my Yeast packet (about 1/3 to half per bottle which is 950ml (1 Quart) and you just scale up; and as for the Dextrose; just pour until it turns to like a soup broth thickness/viscosity.

Gotcha.  I do 5 gallon (~19 liters) batches of the ale because that's what fits in a soda keg.   I'm too lazy to bottle because it takes an extra couple of weeks to carbonate.  Fuck that, I just hook the keg up to a CO2 tank and I'm good to go in 2.5 days. :jerkit: 

8 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Gotcha.  I do 5 gallon (~19 liters) batches of the ale because that's what fits in a soda keg.   I'm too lazy to bottle because it takes an extra couple of weeks to carbonate.  Fuck that, I just hook the keg up to a CO2 tank and I'm good to go in 2.5 days. :jerkit: 

Yeah my buddy out East has all the required materials for that type of process; this is just something that basically gives you $2 a Liter/Quart alcohol that has a delicious taste. And since I'm not in Latin America/Europe or Asia, that's a fantastic investment to value ratio.

12 minutes ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

Yeah my buddy out East has all the required materials for that type of process; this is just something that basically gives you $2 a Liter/Quart alcohol that has a delicious taste. And since I'm not in Latin America/Europe or Asia, that's a fantastic investment to value ratio.

Oh yeah, doesn't Canada have some stupid beer/alcohol laws?  I'm for public options on a lot of shit, but booze?  Privatize that shit.

25 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Oh yeah, doesn't Canada have some stupid beer/alcohol laws?  I'm for public options on a lot of shit, but booze?  Privatize that shit.

Yeah, unless you're in Quebec which has better laws (although now you can buy wine at the grocery stores)  in which case you can buy Beer/Wine at the corner stores. Apart from that, all liquor in the country is sold at Government stores for around 40-75% more than what it costs in the U.S.

And until like 1986 it was illegal in New Brunswick to move your beer from the bar (where you ordered it) back to your table. Prince Edward Island had Prohibition in effect until 1954. Hell, even here in Vancouver, they tried (albeit only for a very brief time) that you were required to order food with any beer purchase. :| :D