Gillette gets woke

Just now, jehurey said:

They already did that.

icVAaLj.gif

nero.PNG

Aight, well, I skipped Skyward Sword because honestly it looked like ass and I had no interest in a Zelda game that ripped out the overworld. :meh: 

But a BotW sequel: fuggit i'm there.  Cries of SJWs didn't stop me from buying Witcher 3 or MGSV.  It's almost as if they are, at most, an annoyance. :ooh: 

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

meanwhile in japan      

LMFAO the retards

The only IRL incel here is probably just you , jerry. lmao   youre 40 and live with your brother

Posted Images

I’ve worked in marketing for 5 years. The industry is full of millennial hacks with zero  creativity and zero understanding of how to effectively brand and what the actual goal of their work is. They don’t understand demographics or their customer values. Instead they impose their own personal values on the advertising.

Who does this appeal to? Gillette’s entire base are men who shave regardless of political agenda. If I was the brand manager for Gillette I would have laughed this idea out of the room and I say that as a leftist. 

Even if there is some research that women buy a lot of Gillette products for men, do you really want your brand recall to be “ad about sexual assaults = Gillette” when people are shopping 

Thats not to mention brands piggybacking social movements NEVER plays well. See the Pepsi commercial last year 

Edited by Voidler
  • Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Voidler said:

Thats not to mention brands piggybacking social movements NEVER plays well. See the Pepsi commercial last year 

Not entirely true.  Pepsi screwed the pooch because of how they approached the subject.  It was tone-deaf.  Nike, on the other hand, hired Kaepernick and that ad cost them in the short term, then grew their base in the long term:

https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/321130

18 minutes ago, Voidler said:

I’ve worked in marketing for 5 years. The industry is full of millennial hacks with zero  creativity and zero understanding of how to effectively brand and what the actual goal of their work is. They don’t understand demographics or their customer values. Instead they impose their own personal values on the advertising.

Who does this appeal to? Gillette’s entire base are men who shave regardless of political agenda. If I was the brand manager for Gillette I would have laughed this idea out of the room and I say that as a leftist. 

Even if there is some research that women buy a lot of Gillette products for men, do you really want your brand recall to be “ad about sexual assaults = Gillette” when people are shopping 

The mistake here is that Gillette ads, like most shaving ads, have a history of being shallow and silly.  Usually involving fighter jet planes to advertise their Mach 3 razor, or some futuristic laboratory where they invent the next space-age razor, and there's a female lady in a lab coat who is eyeing the cleanly-shaven scientist guy.

All of a sudden, Gillette wants to be all heavy like Nike?

Somebody was taking their long-time slogan-- "The Best a Man Can Get"-- way too seriously. No one pays that much attention to those commercials, and now they are going to pay attention in a whole other way.

28 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

It's kind of strange this ad comes from the same company that owns old spice that puts out some of the most ridiculously masculine ads.

you think ads are primarily meant to convey masculinity?

15 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

One ad has Terry crews half naked bouncing his pecs and the other has him crying about being touched lol 

Link? I need this lmfao

• Remij locked this topic