9 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I do for my compatibility PC, and yeah you can find them on Craigslist or OfferUp. 

If I could track down a Sony FW900 I would legitimately throw my 27" 144hz LCD in the trash. 

well when you do, ship it here, my damn monitor doesn't have hdmi. just displayport and vga. idk what they were thinking.

Edited by roflpwnedz

I still forget I have my Samsung SyncMaster 997df monitor I bought like way back in 2005.  I am a bit uncertain about what its resolution was. The monitor looked sharp, but I think I remember keeping the brightness levels down.

8 minutes ago, jehurey said:

I still forget I have my Samsung SyncMaster 997df monitor I bought like way back in 2005.  I am a bit uncertain about what its resolution was. The monitor looked sharp, but I think I remember keeping the brightness levels down.

1920 x 1440 at 64 Hz

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

1920 x 1440 at 64 Hz

yes, i know that the CNET specs page is one of the first things that pop up on google. there's contradicting specs on different websites.

I have trouble believing that I had monitor capable of 1440 back in 2005. There's no reason for me to run Windows XP, much less video games in anything over 1024 x 768.

Certain monitors back then, if you tried outputting it at the highest resolutions, you could hear this unbearable high pitched noise from the tube.

Edited by jehurey
1 minute ago, jehurey said:

yes, i know that the CNET specs page is one of the first things that pop up on google. there's contradicting specs on different websites.

I have trouble believing that I had monitor capable of 1440 back in 2005. There's no reason for me to run Windows XP, much less video games in anything over 1024 x 768.

Certain monitors back then, if you tried outputting it at the highest resolutions, you could hear this unbearable high pitched noise from the tube.

I had monitors from the late 90's that were 1600x1200, I don't see why 1920x1440 seems off, the FW900 from 2003 was 2304x1440. 

2 hours ago, -GD- said:

i rocked a 24 inch crt monitor 1600 x 1200 for a long time. even with plasma, and improvements with LCD,  CRT had the best blacks levels. my pc games looked incredible on it. 

Not even joking, but I honestly think a 1024x768 CRT looks better in quality than a 1900x1200 LCD. 

I don't know why, but something about it is WAY easier on the eyes. 

3 minutes ago, SheepKilla said:

Where did you niggas get 1900x1200 and 1600 x 1200 CRTs? :cosby2:

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I live in the Seattle area and the tech focus out here made these things easily accessible. 

My monitor was 2048 x 1536.

lanpartynw_0008.jpg

Edited by DynamiteCop!