Tales of Vesperia - 40% higher launch than the 360 version. Only 8% XB1, 49% on Switch.

3 hours ago, bhytre said:

It's poofter trash unfit  for Xbox in this day and age and a relic of the past just like most of these JRPGs are. I'll put my money on RE2, Sekiro and DMCV instead :smoke: 

As if all the shitty jrpgs lemshits hyped on 360 weren't relics even back in 2008 :D

blue dragon :D

enchanted arms :rofl:

sudeki :cruise:

lemshits have gone gaga for jrpgs or faux-jrpgs for ages

4 minutes ago, TLHBO said:

As if all the shitty jrpgs lemshits hyped on 360 weren't relics even back in 2008 :D

blue dragon :D

enchanted arms :rofl:

sudeki :cruise:

lemshits have gone gaga for jrpgs or faux-jrpgs for ages

Lost Odyssey, Resonance of Fate and stealing Final Fantasy exclusivity from the cows were the best JRPGs had to offer that gen  :laff:

20q1gnp.gif

:kaz:

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

Vesperia was easily on par with LO as best jrpg on the360.

lets put this into perspective. MS Showcased this game at e3. Not even that helped.

any other console: that’s where Japanese game fans are at mentally, like we’ll play anywhere BUT xbox

thats a huge marketing issue. 

Have you played Vesperia DE yet? I'm wondering if I should pick it up. 

On 2019-01-15 at 8:21 AM, Ramza said:

I'm surprised it's selling more on Switch.

This is pretty common.  Software attach ratios on Switch are very high.  It's typically touted for Indie games because those have a large presence on the system:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/nintendo_still_expects_to_hit_100_million_switch_software_sales_this_financial_year

1 hour ago, McWicked said:

This is pretty common.  Software attach ratios on Switch are very high.  It's typically touted for Indie games because those have a large presence on the system:

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2018/12/nintendo_still_expects_to_hit_100_million_switch_software_sales_this_financial_year

No it's not a common phenomenon. It happens, usually with indie games but it's definitely not ''common''.

Vesperia is selling more on PS4 in Japan. Will probably also sell more on PS4 in NA. The UK being an anomaly on this one.

A huge chunk of those 100 m games will be first party. That has always been an issue with Nintendo platforms, the first party cannibalize the potential of third party software sales. More than other platforms anyway. I don't blame consumers for buying a Nintendo console primarily for Nintendo games but it still holds true.

At best I can say third party sales are healthy and definitely attracts support.

28 minutes ago, Ramza said:

No it's not a common phenomenon. It happens, usually with indie games but it's definitely not ''common''.

Vesperia is selling more on PS4 in Japan. Will probably also sell more on PS4 in NA. The UK being an anomaly on this one.

A huge chunk of those 100 m games will be first party. That has always been an issue with Nintendo platforms, the first party cannibalize the potential of third party software sales. More than other platforms anyway. I don't blame consumers for buying a Nintendo console primarily for Nintendo games but it still holds true.

At best I can say third party sales are healthy and definitely attracts support.

Yeah, sure, if we exclude all the games where it happens, it's not common. :shrug: 

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

Yeah, sure, if we exclude all the games where it happens, it's not common. :shrug: 

Those are exceptions, especially for non indie games. Indie games also benefited from a non stacked library in the beginning, I fully expect things to slow down once the Eshop is filled to the brim with more games, especially when older gamers starts selling for cheap when they are on sale. It happened on PS4 when there was barely anything to buy on the PSN store, all the first year indie releases sold really well.

You think a 30m install base buy more games than the 90m install base on PS4? That makes a lot of sense. :woo: