Resident Evil 2 has some major mechanical oversights

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing there seems that bad. The glass thing seems like a definite oversight but I assume it's a gameplay choice to not allow killing of zombies from safety. The ladder thing is the jankiest thing sh

Im old. Its not that im not good at games its that I get frustrated when I die over and over. I don't want to get good anymore, I just want to enjoy the game.   Tho I cant remember the last

I couldn't care less about having loser mentality in video games .   Video games are something I do for fun in my free time . Video games are a big time investment and if I'm constantly losi

One zombie fell over the railing by the stairs when I played the demo. (not in the main hall). But it was probably scripted. 

Edited by kaz
Just now, kaz said:

One zombie fell over the railing by the stairs. (not in the main hall). But it was probably scripted. 

It seems like they paid way too much attention to some things and as a result other things falter greatly. The not being able to shoot through glass thing blew my mind, that alone almost killed my interest...

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It seems like they paid way too much attention to some things and as a result other things falter greatly. The not being able to shoot through glass thing blew my mind, that alone almost killed my interest...

Yeah, I was trying to shoot everything but nothing happened. I thought you could AT LEAST shoot the lights. :( 

I'm okay with it though, game will own regardless

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think there's an issue with the physics so much as how limited their scope is on some of the coding. 

I'd call it a failure though.

Too much emphasis on a decently looking graphics engine and not much on the actual playability.

Seriously, not being to able to shoot through a window. :|

:D Yeah I noticed (thanks to the trainer and my third run through) that you are still heavily limited in terms of interaction with the environment. Thus RE2 is still going to be focused around puzzles, set-pieces, and linear direction.

All that being said, the game looks amazing, the gun play is very satisfying  :duke: and the nostalgia factor here is what I'm going for. Like I said, this was one of my childhood faves so being able to play a refreshed version? Day One.

Give me a fucking break. :hest: 

Most of the shit they showed was actually cool.  The only janky shit was when they were purposefully climbing up and down a fucking ladder.  It's normal video game shit...

The one thing that had me laughing though was the cabinet after the C4 explosion.  When he's standing there it explodes and doesn't fall over.  Then when he walks out of the way it just magically falls over :D :D 

But yea, not really janky at all imo.. and the Zombies are fucking :wow2: 

yeah the zombies are amazing. It's really fun to kill these bastards. I'm amazed by how alive they are ( :ben: ) and move around, making you miss shots sometimes. 

I don't need camera angles anymore, the game is atmospheric as it can get. actually way better than shooting the moaning sack of potatoes in the original :hehe:

the stuff in the video is really jsut nitpicking. I also saw the railing jumper I mentioned what an idiot. that zombie cracks me up every time

Edited by kaz

Nothing there seems that bad. The glass thing seems like a definite oversight but I assume it's a gameplay choice to not allow killing of zombies from safety. The ladder thing is the jankiest thing shown there but not too fussed about that either. You can make a vid like that for nearly any game ever. 

• Upvote 2