Resident Evil 2 has some major mechanical oversights

17 hours ago, Ramza said:

How can you still suck at video games after like 30+ years of experience playing thousands of games? :drake:

Rare are the games that kicks my ass nowadays. Or is it just lazyness? I don't get it.

There are some games that can kick your ass without you even knowing.

GTSport has license tests and track tests that you can do so you  get accustomed to them.

Each one is timed and if you achieve the shortest time, you get award a Gold.

Most people don't even try doing them because they are very challenging.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing there seems that bad. The glass thing seems like a definite oversight but I assume it's a gameplay choice to not allow killing of zombies from safety. The ladder thing is the jankiest thing sh

Im old. Its not that im not good at games its that I get frustrated when I die over and over. I don't want to get good anymore, I just want to enjoy the game.   Tho I cant remember the last

I couldn't care less about having loser mentality in video games .   Video games are something I do for fun in my free time . Video games are a big time investment and if I'm constantly losi

18 hours ago, Jon2B said:

Im old. Its not that im not good at games its that I get frustrated when I die over and over. I don't want to get good anymore, I just want to enjoy the game.

Tho I cant remember the last game that gave me any trouble but that's most likely cause I always play on easy, like a boss

this. i want to be able to blast through a game because i barely have time to play anymore. 

17 hours ago, Jon2B said:

I couldn't care less about having loser mentality in video games .

Video games are something I do for fun in my free time . Video games are a big time investment and if I'm constantly losing at a game it's more time wasted.

I dont need a challenge to enjoy a game .

:-*

1 hour ago, -GD- said:

this. i want to be able to blast through a game because i barely have time to play anymore. 

How can you not blast through a game on normal as a gaming veteran? 

Anyway, I understand why you'd do that, but I rather have a game where I can dig deeper into and play for a longer period of time than playing more games at a shallow level.

You guys must really hate the Souls series. Which I personally don't even consider hard at all, just moderately challenging here and there. Which makes it more satisfying to overcome. Souls games on easy just wouldn't be the same.

Just now, Ramza said:

Anyway, I understand why you'd do that, but I rather have a game where I can dig deeper into and play for a longer period of time than playing more games at a shallow level.

You guys must really hate the Souls series. Which I personally don't even consider hard at all, just moderately challenging here and there. Which makes it more satisfying to overcome. Souls games on easy just wouldn't be the same.

I supposed for myself the difficult setting depends on the game. for the average Platform or Adventure game I keep the setting on Normal; something like Farcry/Wolfenstein I set to Hard.

However, give me a Total War game, and I typically end up ramping (at the very minimum the battle difficulty) up the difficulty to Hard/Very Hard.

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

I supposed for myself the difficult setting depends on the game. for the average Platform or Adventure game I keep the setting on Normal; something like Farcry/Wolfenstein I set to Hard.

However, give me a Total War game, and I typically end up ramping (at the very minimum the battle difficulty) up the difficulty to Hard/Very Hard.

Well yeah, it's also a per game basis for me. I tend to play most games on normal, at least the first time through, but there's also like the Fallout games, which I play on very hard + survival difficulty setting.

But easy mode? I'd only pick that if a game on normal was actually really hard, which is a rare thing nowadays. Only games I can think of are REmake and something brutal like Celeste.

1 hour ago, Ramza said:

I hate the souls games. I'd play them if there was an easy mode tho 

Just now, Jon2B said:

I hate the souls games. I'd play them if there was an easy mode tho 

We've been through this. There would be zero point to the games if there was an easy mode. 

I totally understand liking easy modes because you are after something else from said game. For eg, story, action, characters, plot, etc. I love those things also but DS is literally about it's hard gameplay. That is the game. Mastering the combat. Without that it's nothing. Just a plain hack n slash game.

19 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

We've been through this. There would be zero point to the games if there was an easy mode. 

I totally understand liking easy modes because you are after something else from said game. For eg, story, action, characters, plot, etc. I love those things also but DS is literally about it's hard gameplay. That is the game. Mastering the combat. Without that it's nothing. Just a plain hack n slash game.

The Souls games actually has an easy mode. It's called online coop. Playing DS3 with my friends pretty much ruined the game for me. The bosses music themes didn't even have time to loop once and we had already killed it.

29 minutes ago, Ramza said:

The Souls games actually has an easy mode. It's called online coop. Playing DS3 with my friends pretty much ruined the game for me. The bosses music themes didn't even have time to loop once and we had already killed it.

Never tried co op but that sounds incredibly lame. Makes sense though since the boss' attacks are usually directed at one foe. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Never tried co op but that sounds incredibly lame. Makes sense though since the boss' attacks are usually directed at one foe. 

That's exactly the problem, the patterns are made for one vs boss encounters. One player would aggro the boss and the others would strike from safety in the back, rinse and repeat.

My casual friends won't be able to beat Sekiro. No RPG stats, no online coop, can't wait to hear them cry about it like the scrubs they are. :juggle: 

32 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That's exactly the problem, the patterns are made for one vs boss encounters. One player would aggro the boss and the others would strike from safety in the back, rinse and repeat.

My casual friends won't be able to beat Sekiro. No RPG stats, no online coop, can't wait to hear them cry about it like the scrubs they are. :juggle: 

theres no online? thats pretty disappointing. i enjoy the pve aspects of those games.

25 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

theres no online? thats pretty disappointing. i enjoy the pve aspects of those games.

Don't quote me on that but yeah, I haven't heard anything about online play of any kind.