Resident Evil 2 has some major mechanical oversights

8 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Hopefully it has an easy mode:ironing:

It definitely does, because in the demo if you die even just once it asks you if you want to switch to a lower difficulty. lol

It'll have the full spectrum covered :smoke: 

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Nothing there seems that bad. The glass thing seems like a definite oversight but I assume it's a gameplay choice to not allow killing of zombies from safety. The ladder thing is the jankiest thing sh

Im old. Its not that im not good at games its that I get frustrated when I die over and over. I don't want to get good anymore, I just want to enjoy the game.   Tho I cant remember the last

I couldn't care less about having loser mentality in video games .   Video games are something I do for fun in my free time . Video games are a big time investment and if I'm constantly losi

12 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Hopefully it has an easy mode:ironing:

How can you still suck at video games after like 30+ years of experience playing thousands of games? :drake:

Rare are the games that kicks my ass nowadays. Or is it just lazyness? I don't get it.

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It seems like they paid way too much attention to some things and as a result other things falter greatly. The not being able to shoot through glass thing blew my mind, that alone almost killed my interest...

that's never been do-able in RE games. This isn't a 3RD PERSON SHOOTER EITHER, you know? I don't think you know your genres.

17 minutes ago, Ramza said:

How can you still suck at video games after like 30+ years of experience playing thousands of games? :drake:

Rare are the games that kicks my ass nowadays. Or is it just lazyness? I don't get it.

Im old. Its not that im not good at games its that I get frustrated when I die over and over. I don't want to get good anymore, I just want to enjoy the game.

Tho I cant remember the last game that gave me any trouble but that's most likely cause I always play on easy, like a boss

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Im old. Its not that im not good at games its that I get frustrated when I die over and over. I don't want to get good anymore, I just want to enjoy the game.

Tho I cant remember the last game that gave me any trouble but that's most likely cause I always play on easy, like a boss

A little bit of challenge is enjoyable and rewarding. I'll never understand wanting a game to pose zero challenge. It's so boring, there is nothing to overcome, no joy from beating something that moderately challenge you.

I'm not saying you should pick a hard difficulty or anything. Normal difficulties in most game tend to be just right. This isn't like the NES era of gaming when everything was super fucking hard. I can't remember the last game where I died over and over again (oh wait, it was Celeste, but that game was actually very hard on normal)

And the real reason why you say you're not that good is not because you're getting older, it's because you take the easy way out every time so you don't learn or improve in anything.

Do what you want but it's such a loser mentality. I hate it. It's like if you wanted to play soccer against handicapped people on wheelchairs then bragged about winning when they never stood a chance. Where is the fun in that?

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

A little bit of challenge is enjoyable and rewarding. I'll never understand wanting a game to pose zero challenge. It's so boring, there is nothing to overcome, no joy from beating something that moderately challenge you.

I'm not saying you should pick a hard difficulty or anything. Normal difficulties in most game tend to be just right. This isn't like the NES era of gaming when everything was super fucking hard. I can't remember the last game where I died over and over again (oh wait, it was Celeste, but that game was actually very hard on normal)

And the real reason why you say you're not that good is not because you're getting older, it's because you take the easy way out every time so you don't learn or improve in anything.

Do what you want but it's such a loser mentality. I hate it. It's like if you wanted to play soccer against handicapped people on wheelchairs then bragged about winning when they never stood a chance. Where is the fun in that?

lol chill, it's not like he's playing a mp game. Let people enjoy the story in baby mode :laff: 

I couldn't care less about having loser mentality in video games .

Video games are something I do for fun in my free time . Video games are a big time investment and if I'm constantly losing at a game it's more time wasted.

I dont need a challenge to enjoy a game .

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I couldn't care less about having loser mentality in video games .

Video games are something I do for fun in my free time . Video games are a big time investment and if I'm constantly losing at a game it's more time wasted.

I dont need a challenge to enjoy a game .

I agree, I was playing games on hard only but some games are so overtuned it's no fun at all. I'm fine with normal for most games but tbh I don't think there's a huge difference between easy/normal. 

ramza thinks his vidyas are a challenge bc his rl isn't challenging enough :laff: 

• Upvote 1
12 hours ago, Ramza said:

More games need dynamic difficulty, Far Cry did it great. It would adjust the difficulty of the AI on the fly depending on how well or poorly you were playing.

10 hours ago, kaz said:

I agree, I was playing games on hard only but some games are so overtuned it's no fun at all. I'm fine with normal for most games but tbh I don't think there's a huge difference between easy/normal. 

ramza thinks his vidyas are a challenge bc his rl isn't challenging enough :laff: 

A game that is too easy is boring as fuck. It requires no thoughts or efforts from the player, just mash buttons until you win. That's fucking boring and sleep inducing. Fact.

Just like how a game that is too hard/cheap can be frustrating as hell. The sweet spot is somewhere in between. Challenging somewhat but not cheap. You need to dig in the game mechanics and get better but you also don't need to become a god at it to win. A challenge that slowly builds up is also the best, to give time to the player to accommodate to the game's design and mechanics then start throwing harder shit at him.

I don't know how many games were ruined for me because they stopped posing a challenge halfway through. I usually stop playing those games, unless the story is really good or something. I don't have time for low IQ trash. 

I wouldn't want to do a arm wrestling contest with a 8 years old girl since there's no fun in overcoming that, nor would i want to arm wrestle a 300 pounds bodybuilder. Same thing goes for video games. Fuck you idiots for not understanding that.

13 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

More games need dynamic difficulty, Far Cry did it great. It would adjust the difficulty of the AI on the fly depending on how well or poorly you were playing.

God Hand did that and it was awful at times. Just because I did some good combos the boss pattern would change and all of a sudden the game was nearly impossible. It's a very tricky thing to balance.

31 minutes ago, Ramza said:

A game that is too easy is boring as fuck. It requires no thoughts or efforts from the player, just mash buttons until you win. That's fucking boring and sleep inducing. Fact.

Just like how a game that is too hard/cheap can be frustrating as hell. The sweet spot is somewhere in between. Challenging somewhat but not cheap. You need to dig in the game mechanics and get better but you also don't need to become a god at it to win. A challenge that slowly builds up is also the best, to give time to the player to accommodate to the game's design and mechanics then start throwing harder shit at him.

I don't know how many games were ruined for me because they stopped posing a challenge halfway through. I usually stop playing those games, unless the story is really good or something. I don't have time for low IQ trash. 

I wouldn't want to do a arm wrestling contest with a 8 years old girl since there's no fun in overcoming that, nor would i want to arm wrestle a 300 pounds bodybuilder. Same thing goes for video games. Fuck you idiots for not understanding that.

God Hand did that and it was awful at times. Just because I did some good combos the boss pattern would change and all of a sudden the game was nearly impossible. It's a very tricky thing to balance.

I said the same thing, relax. :ben:

10 minutes ago, Ramza said:

It means you suck.

i have no idea what you talking about. I play games on hard settings like I said. I also play multiplayer games that require actual skill. SP are always easy for me. get on my level. :geese:

no clue maybe you mistook me for jon lol

the only thing I suck is dick

Edited by kaz