Just ordered my RTX 2060

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's an older used one, don't worry lol. I paid $150 for it, I bought it for a specific program I used to use on my iMac to catalog my game collection.

2982604-screen+shot+2015-12-21+at+10.22.

2982605-screen+shot+2015-12-21+at+10.22.

Oh I see.  I was gonna say... :D 

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well when you have nothing to play on your console of choice you turn into a Dell kid.  TLHBR

I rubbed it all over the carpet and my socks 

Little did you know, that the fabric of those Walmart pants ensures the Cheetos dust won't stick to your fingers 

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, Carlos Vela said:

80 FPS minimum on a 60hz TV

Might as well Keep cranking up the graphics until the minimum hits 60-65 in the benchmark 

•  

Its a monitor. I turned Vsync off for the benchmark just to see how it do .

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

OC'd?  Eh, the wattage ramps up pretty quick.  He's pushing it.  I agree to not bother until he decides to get something a bit better.

What's his CPU? 95 watts and the GPU is 160 watts? The rest of the system is no more than 100 watts so that should give him at least 150 to play with. 

Just now, Jon2B said:

My monitor is only 60hz no need to push the gpu further 

I was already sketchy about this card on my PSU but dell says it supports up to a 180 watt card

Yea, that's true.  Some people will actually downclock their cards and tweak the fan curve so that it's quieter.. especially for living room PCs.  You can get them pretty damn quiet these days.

Speaking about OC'ing though.  The card does quite well, should you ever want a bit of a bump in the future.. an $80 PSU upgrade could get you some good performance increase.

46082488644_2a7a61eacf_o.jpg

RTX 2060 OC'd is about the same speed as a GTX 1080.  A little bit better in most cases actually.  Considering GTX 1080's are going for $600+ USD, the 2060 is quite a good purchase.

1080p - 80+fps

1440p - 50-60fps

4K - 30fps

Very solid little card.

5 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

What's his CPU? 95 watts and the GPU is 160 watts? The rest of the system is no more than 100 watts so that should give him at least 150 to play with. 

Yea... but he's got a dell PSU... which likely isn't even 80% efficient (despite maybe saying so on the casing) :reg: 

OC'ing will put another 100w on easily.. especially under a hard load.  That puts it into risky territory.  Sure it might "work" but it could be unstable and crash eventually.

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yea... but he's got a dell PSU... which likely isn't even 80% efficient (despite maybe saying so on the casing) :reg: 

OC'ing will put another 100w on easily.. especially under a hard load.

To be completely honest though at 1080p he doesn't even need to, if he was at 1440p I'd say sure but for his use case it's not necessary.

What do you think of that Vega 64 for $369?

I don't think ill have any problems for 60fps on this card. If I do in the future ill get a new PSU. Im only expecting this to last me until 2020 or whenever next gen comes out. Too bad the card doesn't have 8gb vram but besides that im happy and coming from the 1060 where I couldn't even get 60fps locked on TR on medium this feels like a huge improvement .

Not having to play Forza with lowest settings for textures and car models lol. Im gonna try out EA Premier and get BF5 and Darksiders. And I can play DQ now with high shadows without my gpu being at 99 percent and 80 degrees :reg:

Edited by Jon2B
  • Upvote 1
1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

To be completely honest though at 1080p he doesn't even need to, if he was at 1440p I'd say sure but for his use case it's not necessary.

What do you think of that Vega 64 for $369?

Agreed.

For that price, I'd say go for it.  You're an AMD guy, and it's quite frankly the best they've got.  It's a good GPU, and you'll have no problems running anything.  The next AMD gpu is 2x the price and 25-30% faster...  Seems like a no brainer to me if you're looking to buy right now.  Otherwise you'll be waiting until either very late this year or early next year for Navi.

I'd jump on it.

3 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

I don't think ill have any problems for 60fps on this card. If I do in the future ill get a new PSU. Im only expecting this to last me until 2020 or whenever next gen comes out. Too bad the card doesn't have 8gb vram but besides that im happy and coming from the 1060 where I couldn't even get 60fps locked on TR on medium this feels like a huge improvement .

Not having to play Forza with lowest settings for textures and car models lol. Im gonna try out EA Premier and get BF5 and Darksiders. And I can play DQ now with high shadows without my gpu being at 99 percent and 80 degrees :reg:

If you're serious about wanting a new PSU and can go without yours for a few days let me know. I have a 750w Corsair modular in my compatibility PC which is overkill as the whole system probably consumes 250 watts, in other words we could exchange if you want a PSU and don't want to spend a dime beyond shipping.