Just ordered my RTX 2060

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well when you have nothing to play on your console of choice you turn into a Dell kid.  TLHBR

I rubbed it all over the carpet and my socks 

Little did you know, that the fabric of those Walmart pants ensures the Cheetos dust won't stick to your fingers 

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

I didn't do that so I'll see what happens lmao 

I figured lol. It's not the end of the world or anything.  When you turned it on, it likely used Windows update and automatically download the RTX supported drivers.  Regardless though, make sure you download the latest drivers.

I assume you're using Geforce Experience?

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

I figured lol. It's not the end of the world or anything.  When you turned it on, it likely used Windows update and automatically download the RTX supported drivers.  Regardless though, make sure you download the latest drivers.

I assume you're using Geforce Experience?

Yeah my PC took like 5 minutes to boot so I guess it was doing something . Just updated in genforce experience too 

• Like 1

Yeah my PC took like 5 minutes to boot so I guess it was doing something . Just updated in genforce experience too 

JonB's new nickname confirmed.  th_freeben_final-1.png

• Haha 2

Remij I don't have the ability to change fan curve or see fan percentage in afterburner anymore, can I get that back?

Also, tried Tomb Raider on Highest preset and ran perfect 60fps :reg:

Remij I don't have the ability to change fan curve or see fan percentage in afterburner anymore, can I get that back?

Also, tried Tomb Raider on Highest preset and ran perfect 60fps :reg:

You should probably uninstall, and then re-install the afterburner program from MSI.

6 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Still just greyed out. Meh oh well

Did you re-enable custom fan curve in the settings?

You have to click on Settings > Fan > Enable user defined software automatic fan control.

That should work.

Also, are you using the RTX supported version of Afterburner?  Should be 4.6.0

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

You have to click on Settings > Fan > Enable user defined software automatic fan control.

That should work.

or that - I don't have afterburner here, I've got some Acer equivalent 'Nitroboost' or something.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

That should work.

Also, are you using the RTX supported version of Afterburner?  Should be 4.6.0

The fan tab is no longer there. AB says its up to date

2 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Uninstall AB.. don't just install the new version over it.  And make sure to NOT keep your settings when you do uninstall it.

If you've got CCleaner after you've uninstalled it, run the registry cleaner, could be an old .config file that's causing a discrepancy.

Just now, Teh_Diplomat said:

If you've got CCleaner after you've uninstalled it, run the registry cleaner, could be an old .config file that's causing a discrepancy.

I'm thinking that he just installed or updated the old version with the new one, and retained the old settings, which fucks up AB because it's a new GPU.  He's got to actually uninstall AB and then install the newest version, otherwise certain features wont work.