NMH Travis Strikes Back Reviews

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Xbox'd 

6/10 at Gamespot and IGN. TSHBR     ...  I would have bought a Switch for a real NMH3. Not this POS.   Lmao, at the sites that gave it over a 7: Nintendolife, NintendoWorld Report,

What a fucking flop lmao    But but I'd rather this than RE2 reeeeeeef

Posted Images

I picked it up.  7/10 is about right.  The gameplay is passable, but the style is typical Suda51.  Electric Tiger III is meh, but Life is Destroy is much more interesting.  This feels more like Travis Touchdown does Grindhouse than Travis Touchdown plays vidya games. 

Overall it's about what I expected: Suda's capable of much more.  You could take this game, give it the traditional NMH camera and controls, and it'd be vastly improved.  Oh well. :] 

1 minute ago, McWicked said:

I picked it up.  7/10 is about right.  The gameplay is passable, but the style is typical Suda51.  Electric Tiger III is meh, but Life is Destroy is much more interesting.  This feels more like Travis Touchdown does Grindhouse than Travis Touchdown plays vidya games. 

Overall it's about what I expected: Suda's capable of much more.  You could take this game, give it the traditional NMH camera and controls, and it'd be vastly improved.  Oh well. :] 

Sounds exactly like how I imagined it. At least you're financing Grasshopper. That's all that matters.

Just now, Ramza said:

Sounds exactly like how I imagined it. At least you're financing Grasshopper. That's all that matters.

I'm still having fun with it.  I'm just not Slow Johnny or Deeno in that I'm not going to insist it's some paragon of good gaming like Sea of Shit or 5tate of Decay.  :cruise: 

Just now, McWicked said:

I'm still having fun with it.  I'm just not Slow Johnny or Deeno in that I'm not going to insist it's some paragon of good gaming like Sea of Shit or 5tate of Decay.  :cruise: 

300 hours in Sea of Tears!

State of Doodoo 2, GOTY 2018!

:pavarotti:

I'm not sure who thought pressing the left thumbstick as step one in a two-step process to charge your sword was a good idea, but they shouldn't be working in video games. So many unused buttons and that's what they decide to go with. :shake:

Game is pretty mediocre. Combat is simple. Lot of enemies are damage sponges. Levels are way too long. Just overall a really tedious gameplay experience. Bosses are cool, though, and, even as a non-Suda51 fan, I'm enjoying the wackiness.

If they just aimed for something in the 4-5 hour range rather than what seems like it'll be 8-10 hours I think the game would be a lot better for it. There's just so much tedious filler getting in the way of the alright stuff.

21 minutes ago, Hot Sauce said:

I'm not sure who thought pressing the left thumbstick as step one in a two-step process to charge your sword was a good idea, but they shouldn't be working in video games. So many unused buttons and that's what they decide to go with. :shake:

You can shake the controller instead of wiggling the right thumbstick.  I found that easier than holding left thumbstick and wiggling right.  Either way, it's not as intuitive as NMH where you were holding a dick controller.  They should have just had you wiggle the right stick while not moving.

45 minutes ago, McWicked said:

You can shake the controller instead of wiggling the right thumbstick.  I found that easier than holding left thumbstick and wiggling right.  Either way, it's not as intuitive as NMH where you were holding a dick controller.  They should have just had you wiggle the right stick while not moving.

Any button and shake/wiggle right stick would have been fine. Left/right trigger? No problem. Shit, even if they had the thumbstick press lock you out of movement it would have been fine, but press and hold the thumbstick with even the slightest nudge cancelling the charge is just retarded.

It's not annoying enough for me to play the game docked and use my Pro controller, but it's just such an obvious design flaw and so easy to fix that it's baffingly that they went with it.

Beat it.

6/10

Second half is better than the first thanks to better pacing, aside from a really bad final game. Wouldn't recommend it to anybody that doesn't already like Suda51 games and rule 1 of Suda51 fandom is looking past gameplay shortcomings anyway.

On 2019-01-19 at 8:59 AM, Ramza said:

300 hours in Sea of Tears!

State of Doodoo 2, GOTY 2018!

:pavarotti:

Sot is crap , I like sod2 . David acting like you haven't liked 6.0 turds . Sheep admitting they like 6.0 turds as well .

Hypocritical fanboys LOL