Ace Combat 7 comes with no enhancements right off the box for One X

28 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I may not buy this shit in general...

Chris: Will the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X have any differences or improvements over the basic consoles?

Kazutoki: Basically, rather than a visual difference it will be about making use of a framerate improvement.

Chris: So you aim to have the versions look and feel smoother?

Kazutoki: That’s right. As I said earlier, it may not be very visible at first right, but in terms of playing smoothly and comfortably, we believe it’s important for customers.

What's wrong with this. May not be for everyone but many people have been asking for the power to be used for framerate over visual fidelity. We got 4K console gaming before we got 60fps being standard in 1080p. 

• Upvote 1
  • Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah well you still have a 1080p TV so you don't care what you get. 

Such a badass.     Buys a PSVR...  then in every thread "Waaahh why doesn't this have a VR mode..? VR is the best.  I have VR.. VR VR VRV RVR VR"     Well it's the same for p

What's wrong with this. May not be for everyone but many people have been asking for the power to be used for framerate over visual fidelity. We got 4K console gaming before we got 60fps being standar

Just now, madmaltese said:

What's wrong with this. May not be for everyone but many people have been asking for the power to be used for framerate over visual fidelity. We got 4K console gaming before we got 60fps being standard in 1080p. 

Isn't the game already 60 FPS on the base systems? 

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

Well since 98 out of 100 games are enhanced for Pro and X its a pretty big let down that this one is not. Still, TSHBK

No doubt it's disappointing but to say you won't buy it because of it is something else entirely and it means you're not a fan in the first place.

I'd buy this game no matter it's performance. Non fans needs to get a hint. 

Just now, madmaltese said:

Thing is I'm pretty confident that they could keep the FPS at 60 and bump the res up some.

Who knows though.. as I said, maybe there's something I don't know about how demanding the game is.. but I think they just didn't feel like doing anything.  And quite frankly... bumping the resolution is literally the equivalent of a weekend's worth of work...

Just now, Remij_ said:

Thing is I'm pretty confident that they could keep the FPS at 60 and bump the res up some.

Who knows though.. as I said, maybe there's something I don't know about how demanding the game is.. but I think they just didn't feel like doing anything.  And quite frankly... bumping the resolution is literally the equivalent of a weekend's worth of work...

For one guy.

4 minutes ago, Remij_ said:

Such a badass. :roll:

Buys a PSVR...  then in every thread "Waaahh why doesn't this have a VR mode..? VR is the best.  I have VR.. VR VR VRV RVR VR" :cry: 

Well it's the same for people who actually have the high end consoles... they want their systems supported dipshit.. it's not hard to understand.  Your own bitch ass was thinking about getting a PRO to possibly improve PSVR games...  If you had bought one, you'd be bitching about every VR game that didn't support it.  Callate David :facep: 

I don't want everything to have PSVR support as it's not even feasible. I don't even care that AC7 has a VR mode, I'd buy it regardless.

I waited 10 fucking years... You guys are non gamers and non fans. 

11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

No doubt it's disappointing but to say you won't buy it because of it is something else entirely and it means you're not a fan in the first place.

I'd buy this game no matter it's performance. Non fans needs to get a hint. 

Well if you want to see this franchise continue than you should want the enhanced consoles to have enhancements as there are probably quite a few people that wont buy it because of that.

Just now, Jon2B said:

Well if you want to see this franchise continue than you should want the enhanced consoles to have enhancements as there are probably quite a few people that wont buy it because of that.

I'm one of them so that's already $60 lost, and I'm sure I'm not alone. 

11 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

You guys are not buying the first AC game in a decade because the graphics are not up to your expectations. :D Fuck off. 

but bu mah mid gen upgrade console is not being fully utilized  

Wow, you sure cared a lot about the actual game. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

You guys are not buying the first AC game in a decade because the graphics are not up to your expectations. :D Fuck off. 

but bu mah mid gen upgrade console is not being fully utilized  

Wow, you sure cared a lot about the actual game. 

I, personally don't care. This has GF written all over it for me.

But to the millions of people that bought a second console this gen for better graphics and performance....this is a pretty dick move. 

1 minute ago, Jon2B said:

But to the millions of people that bought a second console this gen for better graphics and performance....this is a pretty dick move. 

It's a dick move especially when it was advertised as being enhanced for the lions share of a year and then also the reality of how simple a resolution boost would be. 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Jon2B said:

I'm surprised this is not a common phenomenon actually. Pro/X is a tiny portion of the current install base for each platform. It's barely worth the effort, especially for niche titles. 

10 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

It's a dick move especially when it was advertised as being enhanced for the lions share of a year and then also the reality of how simple a resolution boost would be. 

You seem to think it's just question of moving a slider up and down. It requires further testing to have the game run on multiple different SKUs. Further development cost. 

Granted it's probably not that big of an endeavor but I think you are over simplifying it.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I'm surprised this is not a common phenomenon actually. Pro/X is a tiny portion of the current install base for each platform. It's barely worth the effort, especially for niche titles. 

There's probably 10+ million Pro's/X's out there, it's still worth the effort no matter how you dice it and people with these systems no doubt have higher attach rates to games that properly take advantage of the systems.