Ace Combat 7 comes with no enhancements right off the box for One X

First mission gameplay was really amazing and fun. However, since it does not have X enhancement, the graphic was really blurry and the resolution looked lower than 1080p (900p perhaps). The game ran at solid 60fps by the way. hope this info helps you.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah well you still have a 1080p TV so you don't care what you get. 

Such a badass.     Buys a PSVR...  then in every thread "Waaahh why doesn't this have a VR mode..? VR is the best.  I have VR.. VR VR VRV RVR VR"     Well it's the same for p

What's wrong with this. May not be for everyone but many people have been asking for the power to be used for framerate over visual fidelity. We got 4K console gaming before we got 60fps being standar

I may not buy this shit in general...

Chris: Will the PlayStation 4 Pro and Xbox One X have any differences or improvements over the basic consoles?

Kazutoki: Basically, rather than a visual difference it will be about making use of a framerate improvement.

Chris: So you aim to have the versions look and feel smoother?

Kazutoki: That’s right. As I said earlier, it may not be very visible at first right, but in terms of playing smoothly and comfortably, we believe it’s important for customers.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Likely a day 1 patch or something will fix it.

I don't think so, it's not listed as being an X enhanced title anywhere and that statement above is pretty discouraging. It sounds like they're not going to be doing much of anything with either console. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I don't think so, it's not listed as being an X enhanced title anywhere and that statement above is pretty discouraging. It sounds like they're not going to be doing much of anything with either console. 

Oh shit, I didn't see that.

That sucks.  Pretty lazy approach IMO.

Just now, Remij_ said:

Oh shit, I didn't see that.

That sucks.  Pretty lazy approach IMO.

Well it was listed as X Enhanced as late as October but that was removed. Not sure what happened, maybe they couldn't meet their deadline or something and didn't want to false advertise, or maybe they abandoned it. Dunno. 

This wasn't going to be a day or even month one purchase for me so I don't mind waiting to see what's happening. All I can say though is if it's Pro supported and not X I'm never going to buy their game. I'm not into that kind of business practice and I won't support it. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Well it was listed as X Enhanced as late as October but that was removed. Not sure what happened, maybe they couldn't meet their deadline or something and didn't want to false advertise, or maybe they abandoned it. Dunno. 

This wasn't going to be a day or even month one purchase for me so I don't mind waiting to see what's happening. All I can say though is if it's Pro supported and not X I'm never going to buy their game. I'm not into that kind of business practice and I won't support it. 

That's what I originally thought this thread was about.  I thought just by the way the title was worded that it was an Xbox specific thing.  I need to put more effort into reading posts :] 

Yea though, that would suck.  I don't think they would do that.. but I guess you never know these days.   It just doesn't make sense to me though... both of these consoles could decently bump the res up with no probs, unless there's something I don't know.. I'd think the X1X could hit 4K 60 in this game.. but yea.. It just seems lazy.

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Non gamers worried about pixels. lol :facep: 

I'm worried about lazy developers not making use of hardware which is in the homes of millions and millions of people, it's lazy, honestly Pro or X resolution increases shouldn't be difficult whatsoever. 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Shut up, this thread is about those pixels :| 

Don't care about them?  Leave :reg: 

All the media I can find for the Pro is 1080p maximum so I'm thinking Namco just said fuck you to both consoles. Lazy ass shitheads, this makes total sense now...

"Kazutoki: Basically, rather than a visual difference it will be about making use of a framerate improvement."

i.e. "We're not going to do shit and the natural compute boost of both systems will help maintain the FPS"

Fuck this game. 

1 minute ago, DynamiteCop! said:

I'm worried about lazy developers not making use of hardware which is in the homes of millions and millions of people, it's lazy, honestly Pro or X resolution increases shouldn't be difficult whatsoever. 

I'm worried about never getting a Ace Combat game ever again. AC Assault Horizon was a garbage reboot and AC Infinite was free to play garbage.  This is the first real AC game since AC6 on Xbox 360 which came out in 2007.

I'm just glad these lazy developers are making a new Ace Combat. You play games for graphics only or what? Funny coming from a guy with a collection of old school games and CRTV hooked up. Come on now.

Just now, Ramza said:

I'm worried about never getting a Ace Combat game ever again. AC Assault Horizon was a garbage reboot and AC Infinite was free to play garbage.  This is the first real AC game since AC6 on Xbox 360 which came out in 2007.

I'm just glad these lazy developers are making a new Ace Combat. You play games for graphics only or what? Funny coming from a guy with a collection of old school games and CRTV hooked up. Come on now.

Well since 98 out of 100 games are enhanced for Pro and X its a pretty big let down that this one is not. Still, TSHBK

6 minutes ago, Ramza said:

I'll do whatever I want, stfu. 

Such a badass. :roll:

Buys a PSVR...  then in every thread "Waaahh why doesn't this have a VR mode..? VR is the best.  I have VR.. VR VR VRV RVR VR" :cry: 

Well it's the same for people who actually have the high end consoles... they want their systems supported dipshit.. it's not hard to understand.  Your own bitch ass was thinking about getting a PRO to possibly improve PSVR games...  If you had bought one, you'd be bitching about every VR game that didn't support it.  Callate David :facep: 

• Upvote 1
1 minute ago, Ramza said:

I expect relevant technology to be taken advantage of, especially when there's been literal YEARS to account for it. Guess what? Those old games and systems are properly mated for CRT function, and resolution.