No sequels to Jak, Sly, Ratchet, Ape Escape, Jumping Flash

22 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

We need less of then and more of tomorrow. To be honest this has really been the remaster and sequel generation. Gaming needs a clean break, it needs a fresh start with new IP's.

Horizon Zero Dawn, Cuphead, Celeste, Hollow Knight, Octopath Traveler, Sea of Thieves, Mario+Rabbids, Spider-Man, Ori, Titanfall, Until Dawn, Detroit, and some reinventions of established IPs has been fine. It could use something fresh I agree but we still Anthem, Ghosts of Tsushima, Days Gone, Death Stranding, and Sekiro this year.

6 minutes ago, The Mother Fucker said:

Gaming creativity is dead.  

You have an annually produced wrestling game with a myriad of DLC and a season pass as your signature. :meh2:

1 hour ago, Hot Sauce said:

Any studio that could successfully re-invent those franchises should just have that talent focused on something else where they have more creative freedom.

Sucker Punch, Insomniac, and ND are now making realistic mature games. That's fine, but there is a clear lack of these colorful platformers. Other studios can take them over. 

Edited by Team 2019
I
3 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Sucker Punch, Insomniac, and ND are now making realistic mature games. That's fine, but there is a clear lack of these colorful platformers. Other studios can take them over. 

What studios? Because again, if you can name a studio that gives me any kind of confidence that they can make a new Spyro/Crash/Sly/etc I'd really rather they just work on something where they don't have the baggage of an existing property to deal with.

Sunset Overdrive is kind of the perfect example. I loved that game and it still had a lot of the Ratchet and Clank/Infamous trappings, but they were able to do more with it than they would have with a R&C or Infamous sequel.

Giving it to some mediocre team that works within a well defined framework and doesn't put any creative flourish on it wouldn't interest me at all, but if people are so desperate for a return of Spyro then the Yooka Laylee devs probably need the work.

• Upvote 1

Those are some of my favourite ever franchise but I don't know what good having them return will do. Most certainly do not give them to the devs that previously worked on them cause it would be a gigantic waste of talent. 

15 hours ago, Teh_Diplomat said:

lol, I see that signature everytime you post.

Yeah, it most definitely is still very much there.

1 hour ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I blame @Alphonse and @Cookester15 for this poorly designed forum.   What is the point of a Disable Signature setting feature  if all it does is hide the signature from the user, but still displays it to everyone on the forum.     

what? The disable signature makes it so YOU cant see anyone's signature. It doesn't disable your signature for other people. If you don't want to have a signature then remove it. 

• Haha 3
8 hours ago, The Mother Fucker said:

I blame @Alphonse and @Cookester15 for this poorly designed forum.   What is the point of a Disable Signature setting feature  if all it does is hide the signature from the user, but still displays it to everyone on the forum.     

:| 

:D