I Went Down the Youtube Rabbit hole, and people are investing in the Iraqi Dinar...

Apparently there's a movement (not directly related to QAnon, but there is certainly crossover)  that are investing in the Iraqi Dinar, and hoping that the President's actions can revalue -  or as they refer to it "RV"; the currency. Their ultimate hope being the initial investment of several thousand dollars turns them into millionaires.

It's currently 1191.00 Iraqi Dinars to 1 US Dollar. :ben:

(1) There's hour long podcasts 

(2) dudes filming daily vlogs about local iraqi politics and what this means for your investment, filmed from their vehicle.

(3) unboxing videos of people displaying their certificates of authenticity and counting their cash. Good god this is hilarious and sad, but mostly hilarious...

:ccruise:

(1) 

(2) 

(3)  

A Taste of the comment section  rofl_smack.gif

Iraqi_Dinari1.thumb.png.f308f91ab091e7a828bb413a5a75ed98.png

Iraqi_Dinari2.thumb.png.808dde52df0269992e269ba7d2621b58.png

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an article interviewing some of these people.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-fans-sink-savings-into-iraqi-dinar-scam

:bandafuq:

Trump supporter Hayes Kotseos runs a North Carolina pool-maintenance company, but she’s got a side bet that she thinks might make her fabulously wealthy: the Iraqi dinar.

The currency is nearly worthless outside of Iraq, but Kotseos bought millions of dinars in April, after watching a video of President Trump at a 2017 press conference. In the clip, Trump says, with characteristic vagueness, that all currencies will soon “be on a level playing field.”

“I love my president, and I was like, ‘Oh my God,’” Kotseos told The Daily Beast.

The purchase, Kotseos said, cost her and her husband somewhere between $5,000 and $10,000, counting the cut to the company that sold them the dinars.

Two of her adult children have bought millions more dinars, too. Like other investors in the incredibly long-shot dinar scheme, Kotseos hopes that Trump and the Iraqi government will somehow “revalue” or “RV” the currency, boosting its current value of less than $0.001 to $3 or $4.

The rumored wealth surrounding the dinar dates back to its pre-Gulf War price, when each dinar was more than $3. But sanctions and years of war have pummeled its value to less than one-tenth of one U.S. penny. Unfortunately for American investors, the long-awaited “RV” never seems to come.

:banderoos:

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to I Went Down the Youtube Rabbit hole, and HOLY SHIT
3 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

1274472685919.png

Precisely. I didn't believe it, I thought they were like low key troll videos - but then the longer videos (some of those people have dozens)  including updates on local Iraqi political updates, and regional strength assessments... I was flabbergasted, and then I found the article from the DailyBeast with quotes from admitted believers.

• Teh_Diplomat changed the title to I Went Down the Youtube Rabbit hole, and people are investing in the Iraqi Dinar...
1 minute ago, SheepKilla said:

*doesn't know a single thing about Iraq* 

*Suddenly becomes a compassionate expert on it as soon as they have an investment, and wants to help the Iraqi people rebuild* :ben: 

Dude it's stunning, they know nothing, but will go into deep, deep detail about the rebuilding efforts in Basra, and what that means for their investment potential. :D