Political Values Quiz

Oh I'm sure nobody is going to be exactly what I expec...

4 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

8dbbmuV.png

1 hour ago, TLHBO said:

DIqSocsUwAALSdr.jpg:large

:| 

bmgCZxg.thumb.png.532028a9933d332e5b59259b66c27c1d.png

Edited by McWicked
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again, if you want an opinion on an individual topic, ask it. I've been trying to explain how 'Centrist' on these quizzes doesn't mean neutral (unlike you seem to believe) to you yet it's gone over yo

No. If the reason for abortion is because the mother doesn't want to or can't care for it then yeah Im anti abortion, the state can help with that and give the child a home. If its because she was rap

Posted Images

image.png.931e8b529f70c6fbcac570cf10e6cc1f.png

EDIT: The part I disagree with on some of these issues is the Equality VS Markets scale.  I don't think that's an either/or situation.  Taxing the rich doesn't eliminate markets.  The US had the strongest middle class in one of the best markets of its history post-WWII and it had a marginal tax rate of 70% under Eisenhower.

Edited by McWicked
7 minutes ago, McWicked said:

Oh I'm sure nobody is going to be exactly what I expec...

:| 

bmgCZxg.thumb.png.532028a9933d332e5b59259b66c27c1d.png

Nobody has still checked my image source :ben:

LOL,the people who did nothing but select neutral to almost every single question genuinely think they are SMARTER and more knowledgeable than those who have results that show leanings.

That's like going to a restaurant, seeing 20 different plates on the menu, from steaks to italian, to indian, to mediterrenan, to asian, to exotic seafood.

And the person is too scared what to choose so they select the blandist, most in-offensive dish on the menu: chicken fettuccine alfredo.

The waitress rolls her eyes because she's sees this every hour.

Imagine if that person who selected chicken fettuccine alfredo turns to the person sitting beside them and starts talking about how much of an expert they are regarding food.

Not having an opinion is not a proper substitute for being smart. No to mention that Centrism are actually statistically responsible for damage being done to Democracy:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/23/opinion/international-world/centrists-democracy.html

7 minutes ago, jehurey said:

LOL,the people who did nothing but select neutral to almost every single question genuinely think they are SMARTER and more knowledgeable than those who have results that show leanings.

That's like going to a restaurant, seeing 20 different plates on the menu, from steaks to italian, to indian, to mediterrenan, to asian, to exotic seafood.

And the person is too scared what to choose so they select the blandist, most in-offensive dish on the menu: chicken fettuccine alfredo.

The waitress rolls her eyes because she's sees this every hour.

Imagine if that person who selected chicken fettuccine alfredo turns to the person sitting beside them and starts talking about how much of an expert they are regarding food.

Not having an opinion is not a proper substitute for being smart. No to mention that Centrism are actually statistically responsible for damage being done to Democracy:

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2018/05/23/opinion/international-world/centrists-democracy.html

First you are the only saying we think we are smarter and have created this narrative around that assumption. 

Secondly I responded 'Neutral' to about 7 of the 70 questions, mostly because the wording was too broad or ambiguous for me to commit. All I did is have very few that are 'Strongly' one way or another because the questions in general were broad and not detailed enough to be strongly in favour or against anything.

Thirdly, holy crap you wrote a shit analogy. In essence you made up a story to give an example of your made up story. 

7 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

First you are the only saying we think we are smarter and have created this narrative around that assumption. 

Secondly I responded 'Neutral' to about 7 of the 70 questions, mostly because the wording was too broad or ambiguous for me to commit. All I did is have very few that are 'Strongly' one way or another because the questions in general were broad and not detailed enough to be strongly in favour or against anything.

Thirdly, holy crap you wrote a shit analogy. In essence you made up a story to give an example of your made up story. 

My analogy is perfectly understandable, and to anybody who has ever waited tables, quite known.

And yes............people who BOAST about centrism do go around thinking that they are "above the fray"

If you push to ask any of these people to explain their centrist views on the economy, for example, they won't get very far. They could say they are against "corporate regulations" and then if you run a list of every single example of a corporation doing something scummy, and ask them a simple question "so you are saying that we shouldn't have a law against that?" They'll turn around and say "Well......YEAH, against that, sure."

They either don't know, or haven't thought about it comprehensively enough to know.

11 minutes ago, jehurey said:

My analogy is perfectly understandable, and to anybody who has ever waited tables, quite known.

And yes............people who BOAST about centrism do go around thinking that they are "above the fray"

If you push to ask any of these people to explain their centrist views on the economy, for example, they won't get very far. They could say they are against "corporate regulations" and then if you run a list of every single example of a corporation doing something scummy, and ask them a simple question "so you are saying that we shouldn't have a law against that?" They'll turn around and say "Well......YEAH, against that, sure."

They either don't know, or haven't thought about it comprehensively enough to know.

If you want a food analogy, it would be between ordering the sweetest thing on the menu or the saltiest thing on the menu and someone just wanting something normal. 

Who is boasting? You're the only one that has somehow been offended by a couple ppl posting results which have ended up centrist and making up this narrative that they are berating it as being smarter than you. 

Again you're equating a stupid internet political quiz to 'explain their centrist view on the economy'. Either you are greatly overestimating how complex these quizes are or just take things far too seriously. If someone answer a pro 'tradition' question with 'Agree' then answers the following question which is pro 'Progressive' with Agree also they are 'Centrist' to this poll. 

Or for Nationalist v World

'Should a country be able to uphold it's traditions' 

Agree

'Should world peace be of greater importance than any single country's tradition' 

Agree

= Centrist

That is having an opinion on each individual question. Not not having any opinion or being nuetral. 

Just chill. No need to have your panties in a bunch 24/7 over nothing. 

8 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

If you want a food analogy, it would be between ordering the sweetest thing on the menu or the saltiest thing on the menu and someone just wanting something normal. 

Who is boasting? You're the only one that has somehow been offended by a couple ppl posting results which have ended up centrist and making up this narrative that they are berating it as being smarter than you. 

Again you're equating a stupid internet political quiz to 'explain their centrist view on the economy'. Either you are greatly overestimating how complex these quizes are or just take things far too seriously.

Just chill. No need to have your panties in a bunch 24/7 over nothing. 

Your analogy actually doesn't work because you would have to know what was sweet and what was salty.

And you don't order anything except the same bland shit......YOU DON'T KNOW THOSE OTHER TASTES, do you?

You got one foot in each side, and not getting a full realization of anything.

Just like I told cooke earlier.........if you have a side on a particular issue, a genuine real side, and you see it implemented, if you don't like it YOU LEARNED something.

What are you capable of learning from your position in the middle? Nothing that's valid.

And yes, on this forum, people who usually have the least to say about politics and social issues go around taling about their "centrism" and trying to pretend they are "above" the "two sides."

Its noticeable, please don't try to pretend it doesn't exist. And now you're trying to say I'm OFFENDED??????? I just caught you making shit up. Congratulations on that.

If someone answer a pro 'tradition' question with 'Agree' then answers the following question which is pro 'Progressive' with Agree also they are 'Centrist' to this poll. 

Or for Nationalist v World

'Should a country be able to uphold it's traditions' 

Agree

'Should world peace be of greater importance than any single country's tradition' 

Agree

= Centrist

This implies that you have taken the test MULTIPLE times in order to know how to manipulate it.

Congratulations on just giving yourself away on that.

Notice how you're now trying to paint me as being "offended"?

I asked you questions about your ideology......I posted a NYT commentary by a data researcher regarding self-identified Centrists. Notice how you didn't want to go into any detail, and are just trying to label me as being offended?

I notice.

Edited by jehurey
2 minutes ago, jehurey said:

Your analogy actually doesn't work because you would have to know what was sweet and what was salty.

And you don't order anything except the same bland shit......YOU DON'T KNOW THOSE OTHER TASTES, do you?

You got one foot in each side, and not getting a full realization of anything.

Just like I told cooke earlier.........if you have a side on a particular issue, a genuine real side, and you see it implemented, if you don't like it YOU LEARNED something.

What are you capable of learning from your position in the middle? Nothing that's valid.

And yes, on this forum, people who usually have the least to say about politics and social issues go around taling about their "centrism" and trying to pretend they are "above" the "two sides."

Its noticeable, please don't try to pretend it doesn't exist. And now you're trying to say I'm OFFENDED??????? I just caught you making shit up. Congratulations on that.

This implies that you have taken the test MULTIPLE times in order to know how to manipulate it.

Congratulations on just giving yourself away on that.

Notice how you're now trying to paint me as being "offended"?

I asked you questions about your ideology......I posted a NYT commentary by a data researcher regarding self-identified Centrists. Notice how you didn't want to go into any detail, and are just trying to label me as being offended?

I notice.

Yup, that's a jerry post alright :D 

Iniate jerryscript.run

Mate if you need to take these quizes multiple times to realise how basic Year 1 mathematics works then I don't blame you for thinking we are saying that we are smarter than you.

Strongly Agree = +2

Agree = +1

Neurtal = 0

Disagree = -1

Strongly Disagree = -2

A moron could create the mechanics of these quizzes and and even dumber person could figure it out. 

You are the only one reacting to cooke and I. We haven't quoted or replied to anyone so quite obviously you are the one that has taken offence. The results of your quiz mean zero to me. 

If you want to get an opinion of an individual topic from Cooke and I then ask about that individual topic. Getting all hurt because an online quiz spat out a 'Centrist' view on an overall result is just stupid. 

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Yup, that's a jerry post alright :D 

Iniate jerryscript.run

Mate if you need to take these quizes multiple times to realise how basic Year 1 mathematics works then I don't blame you for thinking we are saying that we are smarter than you.

Strongly Agree = +2

Agree = +1

Neurtal = 0

Disagree = -1

Strongly Disagree = -2

A moron could create the mechanics of these quizzes and and even dumber person could figure it out. 

You are the only one reacting to cooke and I. We haven't quoted or replied to anyone so quite obviously you are the one that has taken offence. The results of your quiz mean zero to me. 

If you want to get an opinion of an individual topic from Cooke and I then ask about that individual topic. Getting all hurt because an online quiz spat out a 'Centrist' view on an overall result is just stupid. 

And you're still not really talking explaining your Centrist ideology, you seem like talking about me being "offended" is a easy way of trying to get out of this.

Its not. Its lazy, which shouldn't surprise me.

You responded to me, sweetie. According to your (lazily construed) logic, you must have gotten offended.

Again, if you want an opinion on an individual topic, ask it. I've been trying to explain how 'Centrist' on these quizzes doesn't mean neutral (unlike you seem to believe) to you yet it's gone over your head 3 times now. The quiz spits out centrist because I have views which are Market based and equality based (based on the individual subject). Or traditional based or progressive based, based on that individual subject.

Ask a question about a specific topic like each of those specific questions and you'll get an answer (when I have time). 

Simple. 

Till then, enjoy your merry go round. 

• Thanks 3