Political Values Quiz

12 hours ago, madmaltese said:

Again, if you want an opinion on an individual topic, ask it. I've been trying to explain how 'Centrist' on these quizzes doesn't mean neutral (unlike you seem to believe) to you yet it's gone over your head 3 times now. The quiz spits out centrist because I have views which are Market based and equality based (based on the individual subject). Or traditional based or progressive based, based on that individual subject.

Ask a question about a specific topic like each of those specific questions and you'll get an answer (when I have time). 

Simple. 

Till then, enjoy your merry go round. 

You're telling me that you can't even explain your ideology is 3-4 sentences? Which is about the length that you just typed.

Even the far right wingers can explain themselves that quickly.

Its almost as if you need to know the questions BEFOREHAND so that you can "triangulate" your answer.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Again, if you want an opinion on an individual topic, ask it. I've been trying to explain how 'Centrist' on these quizzes doesn't mean neutral (unlike you seem to believe) to you yet it's gone over yo

No. If the reason for abortion is because the mother doesn't want to or can't care for it then yeah Im anti abortion, the state can help with that and give the child a home. If its because she was rap

Posted Images

12 minutes ago, jehurey said:

You're telling me that you can't even explain your ideology is 3-4 sentences? Which is about the length that you just typed.

Even the far right wingers can explain themselves that quickly.

Its almost as if you need to know the questions BEFOREHAND so that you can "triangulate" your answer.

Why must someone believe in one ideology? Those people are called ideologues. That's not exactly a good thing. Can you not comprehend reason on both sides of the spectrum? There are good and bad things on the left and right, that is how you become a centrist. Not because you say you are neutral on every issue. 

For me I'm anti abortion but I'm pro drug decriminalization and for public healthcare. 

I also believe there are 2 genders plus transgender but I also believe everyone should be treated equal regardless of sexual orientation, race, sex/gender etc.  

5 minutes ago, Ramza said:

A lot of the questions were vague and too broad in definition. Closest match: Centrist. I didn't expect that.

image.png.194ffe29a6bebea12e7aaa113d649f9b.png

Well if we were to believe the left then everyone from center left to right is Hitler. 

16 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

Why must someone believe in one ideology? Those people are called ideologues. That's not exactly a good thing. Can you not comprehend reason on both sides of the spectrum? There are good and bad things on the left and right, that is how you become a centrist. Not because you say you are neutral on every issue. 

For me I'm anti abortion but I'm pro drug decriminalization and for public healthcare. 

I also believe there are 2 genders plus transgender but I also believe everyone should be treated equal regardless of sexual orientation, race, sex/gender etc.  

Almost nobody believes in one ideology.

I'm almost certain that I have one or two specific subjects in which I will fall more conservatively than 80% of the people here.

I believe in the right of owning guns, but I believe in very strict gun regulation.

This survey is silly.

Questions like whether you support the Marxist mantra "From each according to their ability..." or whether you think inheritance is an illegit form of wealth are not only scored on the Economic axis but on the Social axis. 

And what in God's name is the Social axis even measuring? It's not positive vs. negative rights. My guess is it's measuring how much you agree with the author's progressive social positions, which would explain why they've labeled the "left" side "Progress" and used an atomic symbol to imply it's very, very scientific. 

Edited by Saucer
2 hours ago, Hot Sauce said:

In all cases? Just wondering.

No. If the reason for abortion is because the mother doesn't want to or can't care for it then yeah Im anti abortion, the state can help with that and give the child a home. If its because she was raped or if the baby is going to be born is life threatening deformities then I'm ok with it. 

My mom was pregnant with me when she turned 17, she was going to get an abortion because she thought her parents would disown her, turns out they changed her mind and my mom and dad got married and have been together since. 

It's kind of a shitty feeling to know your life could have been ended before you had a chance. 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 2
45 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

No. If the reason for abortion is because the mother doesn't want to or can't care for it then yeah Im anti abortion, the state can help with that and give the child a home. If its because she was raped or if the baby is going to be born is life threatening deformities then I'm ok with it. 

My mom was pregnant with me when she turned 17, she was going to get an abortion because she thought her parents would disown her, turns out they changed her mind and my mom and dad got married and have been together since. 

It's kind of a shitty feeling to know your life could have been ended before you had a chance. 

That can already happen now, even though abortion is legal.

People don't go around pushing people to get abortions.  The clinics are there. The options are there.

Planned Parenthood is probably responsible for helping babies be born than they are with them getting aborted.

And, if you care about doing something humane, then we need to get serious about having readily-accessible birth control for all of society. Unwanted pregnancies, if we're being honest with ourselves, means unwanted births. And that increases the likelihood of so many bad things happening. Child abuse, financial strain, strain on education, increase in future crime.

One topic affects 3 other topics. Like a chain reaction.