Games you didn't expect to flop?

7 hours ago, Team 2019 said:

Ex Metroid Prime devs. Japanese dev support. Interesting concept. 

Have you played it? It's actually a pretty good game and the Definitive Edition addressed a lot of the issues people had. The mechanical competency is some of the best I've ever seen in a game to be honest in terms of precision of execution. The platforming is also superb, like really, really good. 

I had fun playing it, the back tracking in the second half can be tedious if you haven't attained enough prism cores but aside from that I had no complaints.

Edited by DynamiteCop!

I didn't expect State of Decay 2 to flop that bad. I mean, the first one had a great concept, addicting gameplay, decent story and a good pool of characters.

The second fixed none of the issues from the first, and instead got rid of the story in favor of a stupid collect the hearts system.

Second, is Forza 7 which flopped a bit with the homologation system and the lack of penalties for online racing. It's a nice arcade racer, but sim it's not..

Last one is Forza Horizon 4 which has less events than the first and less sense of direction. Doing races in an open world game is fine but I did that on Forza Horizon 3 too.

1 hour ago, MalaXmaS said:

I didn't expect State of Decay 2 to flop that bad. I mean, the first one had a great concept, addicting gameplay, decent story and a good pool of characters.

The second fixed none of the issues from the first, and instead got rid of the story in favor of a stupid collect the hearts system.

Second, is Forza 7 which flopped a bit with the homologation system and the lack of penalties for online racing. It's a nice arcade racer, but sim it's not..

Last one is Forza Horizon 4 which has less events than the first and less sense of direction. Doing races in an open world game is fine but I did that on Forza Horizon 3 too.

forza and forza what a surprise 

9 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Have you played it? It's actually a pretty good game and the Definitive Edition addressed a lot of the issues people had. The mechanical competency is some of the best I've ever seen in a game to be honest in terms of precision of execution. The platforming is also superb, like really, really good. 

I had fun playing it, the back tracking in the second half can be tedious if you haven't attained enough prism cores but aside from that I had no complaints.

ReBore sucked ass. :D Glitchy, ugly broken ass 5.0 game. The platforming was awful, just godawful. Back tracking and collecting cores to open ever door, terrible controls, and the production value of a game from 2004.

One of MS's worst games this gen, and that's saying A LOT. :D 

11 minutes ago, Bodycount N said:

ReBore sucked ass. :D Glitchy, ugly broken ass 5.0 game. The platforming was awful, just godawful. Back tracking and collecting cores to open ever door, terrible controls, and the production value of a game from 2004.

One of MS's worst games this gen, and that's saying A LOT. :D 

• The platforming was awful
  • terrible controls

You've never played this game, no one would complain about either of these aspects, no one. 

36 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:
  • The platforming was awful
  • terrible controls

You've never played this game, no one would complain about either of these aspects, no one. 

i bought that trash for $60 at launch because it had Inafune's name slapped on it. Tapped out after 2h it was so terrible. :D 

Another half-done, phoned in fauXclusive from MS. 

7 hours ago, Saucer said:

Alan Wake. Had it pegged as my top contender for GotY coming into that year. Stopped playing it halfway through. Hated the gunplay. 

Yep, gameplay was ass. Alan Wake was like scalebound for me back then. I was hyped for that game, the only xbox exclusives I wanted to play. Too bad the story too is like a kindergarten's tale compared to silent hill.

6 hours ago, Ramza said:

Count on Dino to shit on The Last of Us and praise/defend ReCore in the very same thread.

Try to tell me that wasn't one of the biggest flops lol, people were expecting 10/10 and then it gets an 8 in the face of basically every other review site who gave it 9's and 10's, and then the remaster comes out and people expect it's going to change and it gets an 8 again by a completely different reviewer :mj:

Edited by DynamiteCop!