RE2 reviews pouring in - 9.0 at Gamespot

Apparently pre-orders are doing fantastic.  Capcom is apparently VERY happy with how things are tracking.  On Steam it's #2 right now.......... behind only Monster Hunter: World, which is on sale.  Capcom is feastin :whew: 

How many units do you guys think RE2 will sell?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Sheep get the fuck out of this thread. 

Cows paid $400 extra for a 10fps difference  

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Apparently pre-orders are doing fantastic.  Capcom is apparently VERY happy with how things are tracking.  On Steam it's #2 right now.......... behind only Monster Hunter: World, which is on sale.  Capcom is feastin :whew: 

How many units do you guys think RE2 will sell?

I think Jacob Zuma has a fairly on-point numbers prediction... :troll:

1 minute ago, Team 2019 said:

IGN retracts large portion of RE2 review and updates score after it becomes clear their reviewer missed a large chunk of the game.

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

IGN gave the game an 8.8 originally, but then retracted a part of their review because one of the criticisms they had against it was that the scenarios for both characters was largely the same... In their mistake, they essentially only played half the game.. The "A scenario" for each character.. completely missing the ways it changes the game in the "B scenario" or "2nd run"... They corrected their mistake and now the game is a 9/10 :D 

This is from a ResetERA member

bq758e1.jpg

Fucking IGN... :D  Clearly the idiot didn't play the 2nd scenario and thus didn't do his job properly.  With this and that other incident of plagiarism with that other reviewer isn't a good look. :tom: 

:ufdup:

People who still go to mainstream trash sites for reviews when you can have hundreds of impressions/reviews on youtube from actual fans instead of poseur video gamez 'journalists'. :pavarotti:

9 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

RE2 might have more competition that RE7 did at the time. 

I'd argue:

- The X1 and PS4 install bases are a lot bigger now.

- RE7 was the first budget mainline RE game. REmake2 is a full-on AAA RE game. 

- RE7 doesn't have much replay value.

- People in general like the RE4 formula better than the RE7 formula, and REmake2 is RE2+RE4.

- Capcom's brand reputation is strong again. When RE7 came out, it was on the rocks.  

6 hours ago, kaz said:

People who still go to hundreds of impressions/reviews on youtube from "actual fans" instead your own judgment. :pavarotti:

You still use your judgment at the end of the day, clown. Reviews are only a way to get more concrete information on any given game, not necessarily rush to the stores to buy it because someone said '9.5/10'. 

Not like I don't watch trailers and unadulterated gameplay footage as well. You are such a peasant, remove yourself from my presence.

• Haha 1
4 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

We’re so behind at work but I should have bit the bullet and taken the entire day off. I would have upset my boss but for this game it would have been worth it :smoke:

i got lucky that i finished my freelance work :smoke: