Smash Ultimate - Highest US Launch Month Sales in History.

U.S. Best-Selling Exclusives - Unit Sales
1/ Super Smash Bros. Ultimate 3.6 millions, December 2018
2/ Halo 3 : 3.3 millions, September 2007
2/ Halo Reach : 3.3 millions, September 2010 
4/ Halo 2 : 3.27 millions, November 2004
5/ Halo 4 : 3.2 millions, November 2012
5/ Pokemon Sun+Moon : ~3.2 millions (estimate), November 2016
7/ Super Smash Bros Brawl : 2.7 millions, March 2008
8/ Spiderman : 2.6+ millions*, September 2018
9/ Pokemon Black & White : 2.5 millions, March 2008
10/ GTA San Andreas : 2.06 millions, October 2004
11/ God of War : 1.9 millions**, April 2018

Note this only counts physical for Smash.  With Digital it's probably over 4 mill for launch month in the US alone. 

Bbbut This game had no hype because no one was talking about it on the GS message boards :feelsbadman:

• Thanks 1

That's what happens when you have a huge install base desperate for any game. :tom: 

2018 for Sheep was basically, Octopath Traveler this Summer and Smash in December. What a loaded year. :kaz: 

11 minutes ago, Ramza said:

That's what happens when you have a huge install base desperate for any game. :tom: 

2018 for Sheep was basically, Octopath Traveler this Summer and Smash in December. What a loaded year. :kaz: 

Metacritic - "Switch had the highest percentage of positively reviewed releases—not just the largest total of good games. Nearly 44% of Switch releases had green Metascores (reflecting approval from professional critics), compared to....... less than 37% for PS4."

:cmpunk1:

• Upvote 1
Just now, Goukosan said:

Metacritic - "Switch had the highest percentage of positively reviewed releases—not just the largest total of good games. Nearly 44% of Switch releases had green Metascores (reflecting approval from professional critics), compared to....... less than 37% for PS4."

:cmpunk1:

Shitty version of multiplats, late indie ports, WiiU ports and less games. but bu %44 positively reviewed games, just ignore the context and games themselves. :woo:

Just now, Ramza said:

Shitty version of multiplats, late indie ports, WiiU ports and less games. but bu %44 positively reviewed games, just ignore the context and games themselves. :woo:

You missed  this part "Largest number of good games"  :bena:

57 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

5/ Pokemon Sun+Moon : ~3.2 millions (estimate), November 2016
9/ Pokemon Black & White : 2.5 millions, March 2008

DAT STEALTH DEENO-FUCKING IN THE OP! :roff: :roff: :roff:

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

You missed  this part "Largest number of good games"  :bena:

You missed the part where I said, shitty version of multiplats, late indie ports, WiiU ports and less games. :tom:  Not to mention various bias publications bumping up scores.

These raw numbers are seriously nothing to brag about. Hermits have been doing this for years, when PC supposedly had the most positively reviewed exclusives but still couldn't name a single one.

Let's look at December Switch games of 75 and up at Metacritic.

Dynasty Warriors 8 (late port/worst version)

Aaero: Complete Edition (shovelware/multiplat)

Gris (also on PC)

Kingdom: Two Crowns (multiplat/shovelware)

Everspace: Stellar Edition (late port?/shovelware)

Guacamelee 2 (late port/worst version)

SSBU

Katamari Damacy Reroll (PS2 port lmao)

SEGA Genesis Classics (late port)

Amazing. :D 

Fuck this nonsense and have some standards.

Can you imagine what the next mainline Pokemon games are going to do next year around the holidays?

Sony will not release a major exclusive of theirs during that time, and I bet most third-parties, except Call of Duty, will stay away from the Pokemon release date.

7 minutes ago, Ramza said:

You missed the part where I said, shitty version of multiplats, late indie ports, WiiU ports and less games. :tom:  Not to mention various bias publications bumping up scores.

These raw numbers are seriously nothing to brag about. Hermits have been doing this for years, when PC supposedly had the most positively reviewed exclusives but still couldn't name a single one.

Let's look at December Switch games of 75 and up at Metacritic.

Dynasty Warriors 8 (late port/worst version)

Aaero: Complete Edition (shovelware/multiplat)

Gris (also on PC)

Kingdom: Two Crowns (multiplat/shovelware)

Everspace: Stellar Edition (late port?/shovelware)

Guacamelee 2 (late port/worst version)

SSBU

Katamari Damacy Reroll (PS2 port lmao)

SEGA Genesis Classics (late port)

Amazing. :D 

Fuck this nonsense and have some standards.

The stat was for the year and if you just want to count exclusives only Switch got you beat there too :bate:

33 minutes ago, Goukosan said:

The stat was for the year and if you just want to count exclusives only Switch got you beat there too :bate:

Yeah I could go on about the 11 other months filled with shovelware and late PS4/Xbox/PC ports. :D 

Yeah, exclusives like Bayonetta 2. :tom:  It's so exclusive that I played it in 2014 on another platform.

Those raw numbers doesn't mean shit without context. 

1 minute ago, Ramza said:

Yeah I could go on about the 11 other months filled with shovelware and late PS4/Xbox/PC ports. :D 

Yeah, exclusives like Bayonetta 2. :tom:  It's so exclusive that I played it in 2014 on another platform.

Those raw numbers doesn't mean shit without context. 

Bayonetta 2 is not an exclusive to Switch but nice try though. 

All that Damage control for Smash Destroying the competition  and Switch leading Meta :mj:

Edited by Goukosan
Just now, Goukosan said:

Bayonetta 2 is not an exclusive but nice try though. 

All that Damage control for Smash Destroying the competition  and Switch leading Meta :mj:

That's the point, it's counted at such. List those exclusives so I can laugh at it. list those games or GTFO. 

Just now, Ramza said:

That's the point, it's counted at such. List those exclusives so I can laugh at it. list those games or GTFO. 

It's not counted as an Exclusive you clown :drake:

All that Damage control for Smash making History :lawd:

Edited by Goukosan
1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

It's not counted as an Exclusive you clown :drake:

All that Damage control for Smash making History :lawd:

I'm pretty sure it is. So is Katamacy Damacy Reroll. A late PS2 port but it has a different name so, exclusive by Meta standards of what constitues an exclusive.

And Switch benefits from late ports. Grim Fandango Remastered and Transistor for example, two early PS4 games came out this year on Switch, so when it comes to the 2018 leaderboards, it looks good on paper but those games were reviewed back in 2015 on PS4. 

I'm only showing you how flawed going by Meta raw numbers actually is.