*The Official Resident Evil 2 Thread* [Use Spoiler Tags, kthnx]

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. X is a lemgod, destroyer of casual gamers lmfao . People are gonna cry about him for years to come     

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green he

REVIEWS:   Gamespot - AAA (9/10) IGN - AAA (9/10) Systemwars - AAA (Even the excluded Sheep give it a BAAAHH as well)   Metacritic - AAA(91)                              

Just now, Remij_ said:

Fuck me this game!  I can't stop playing it and I have to work tomorrow :scared: 

The graphics in this game are downright gorgeous. :dwill:

Word! This is the perfect RE game. You get even better atmosphere than the classic formula, mixed with fantastic, modernized gameplay. I’m in love. I gotta train in the morning, but I’m going to beat this after I lift :smoke: 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

Word! This is the perfect RE game. You get even better atmosphere than the classic formula, mixed with fantastic, modernized gameplay. I’m in love. I gotta train in the morning, but I’m going to beat this after I lift :smoke: 

The atmosphere is incredible.  I already love some of the ways they have the station loop back around and shortcuts and shit.

I'm playing standard mode and FUCK some of these Zombies just wont stay down :mad:   Already had a jump scare where I thought one was dead lmao

Ok, stopped for the night.  After I quit to the main menu I got a bunch of unlockables.  I can't wait for after work :adhd:

Oh and @-GD-

Enemy spoilerz

Spoiler

The fucking lickers man :scared: God damn they are vicious!  B) 

When I first saw the first one, I slowly walked into the STARS office and did my shit in there, when I came back out, the licker was gone and I was like.... oh fuck :D Just the fact that it wasn't where I thought it should be unsettled me.... but then I found out.... that they crawl through the vents and you can fucking HEAR them.

The audio design in this game is insane!!!

about 1/3rd through (parking garage) for those who remember the first game.

Absolutely incredible. It's Resi 7 in 3rd person, what the old school fans wanted from a next gen RE + all the modern fixin's. Absolute dream game. If you ever enjoyed a resident evil game before you will love this. It's PS1 survival horror modernized, it's fucking amazing.

GOTY for me and nothing will come close. :bow: 

1 hour ago, Remij_ said:

Ok, stopped for the night.  After I quit to the main menu I got a bunch of unlockables.  I can't wait for after work :adhd:

Oh and @-GD-

Enemy spoilerz

Hide contents

The fucking lickers man :scared: God damn they are vicious!  B) 

When I first saw the first one, I slowly walked into the STARS office and did my shit in there, when I came back out, the licker was gone and I was like.... oh fuck :D Just the fact that it wasn't where I thought it should be unsettled me.... but then I found out.... that they crawl through the vents and you can fucking HEAR them.

The audio design in this game is insane!!!

they'll fuck you up in one hit :scared: I feel like I've missed the shotgun or something at this point. The pistol is useless against them.

I'm laughing my ass off at this game. It's not that I think it's bad, far from it. I think it's pretty good so far and I'm enjoying it a lot. I'm stuck at the moment though so I'm taking a little break. 

I have no idea what the fuck I'm suppose to do, I need an Electrical Part and a note mentioned something about a Clock Tower so I'm currently wandering around aimlessly trying to get there.  It's becoming a pain in the ass though because Mr. X is constantly pursuing me  (which by the way surprised the fuck out of me to see him pop up so soon, I'm almost positive he only showed up in Scenario B in the original game).

It's the way this game plays and feels that has me laughing. The movement and aiming feels so similar to RE6. Even some of the hit reaction animations I'm seeing from zombies look like they were straight up recycled from RE6. Hell, when I saw you can change the color of your laser sight I was like, "Yup, I know where that came from..." For all the hate that game gets I find it hysterical to see those same haters love REmake 2's gunplay and movement.

Capcom, you clever bastards, you found a way to get people to appreciate something from RE6 even though they're unaware of it.

Yeah, I know. I'm not complaining about the backtracking, it doesn't even bother me to be honest. What IS bothering me though is:

Mr. X.

Fuck this annoying prick.

The first time he pops up was a legit "Oh shit!" moment. Really cool. The second and even third time he pops up? It's still cool.

But now that I know where to go and what to do he is just annoying the fuck out of me because he is constantly stalling progress. The game is seriously overusing this guy.

He went from a "Oh damn, shit just got real!" reaction to a "Ugh...  Will you just fuck off and leave me alone for 5 goddamn minutes, you asshole" reaction within the span of an hour. My annoyance with him led to me discovering that it's completely pointless to even bother engaging with him. In the original game when you did that it would knock him out of commission for a bit and he would even drop some ammo for you. Not in this game, don't make my mistake and waste any ammo on this guy. There is literally no benefit to doing so, you don't get shit for it and he is just going to get right back up and continue his pursuit for you the moment you leave the room. And the motherfucker must have X-ray vision or some shit because he finds you within minutes.

He's really dragging this game down for me at the moment. He would've been put to much better use if he was used in moderation. This is complete over saturation and it's not good, it's just annoying as fuck. He's a giant fly that's constantly buzzing in your face and you can wave  your hands in front of you and scream "Fuck off!" all you want, he's not going away.