*The Official Resident Evil 2 Thread* [Use Spoiler Tags, kthnx]

Phew, just finished a Minimalist/Frugalist run. That last hour was intense. Now I just need 4 more Trophies and I'll have the Platinum. The hard trophies are over with though so the final four shouldn't be an issue. 

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mr. X is a lemgod, destroyer of casual gamers lmfao . People are gonna cry about him for years to come     

It’s interesting that the game doesn’t give you much ammo but showers the player with healing items. I just finished the 2nd run as Leon with at least 4 or 5 G+R+B mixtures, like half a dozen green he

REVIEWS:   Gamespot - AAA (9/10) IGN - AAA (9/10) Systemwars - AAA (Even the excluded Sheep give it a BAAAHH as well)   Metacritic - AAA(91)                              

What's your fastest speed run. And how unphased can you get through the mr. X part,, how long does it take you to get all parts.

And do you attempt speed runs all on your own on a 2nd or 3rd playthrough or are you looking up and copying other vids? 

16 hours ago, kokujin said:

I've never ada's much fun with a game i'm not gonna play :tom:

Kaz, you like every other dumb post by other posters but give my clever pun shit. I know your routine. Stop making me special. I'd rather be a no name in your eyes at this point. 

2 hours ago, kokujin said:

What's your fastest speed run. And how unphased can you get through the mr. X part,, how long does it take you to get all parts.

And do you attempt speed runs all on your own on a 2nd or 3rd playthrough or are you looking up and copying other vids? 

1:46 ATM but my aim was just to get under two hours, it was more of a pseudo speedrun rather than a full blown speed run. 

I don't actually time the Mr. X segments but I'd say I get through this segment in about 10 minutes, I guess?

Parts for what? Weapon Parts? Depends on the character. I don't bother with getting the SMG upgrade parts with Claire because I don't find them worth it but I'll take the 10 minutes it takes to get the upgrade parts for Leon's Magnum. All the other weapon parts are usually along the main path so you don't really have to go out of your way to get them.

No, I don't do an actual speed run, it's just as you get more familiar with the game you're able to beat it more efficiently. You figure out more optimal ways to get through things and you start memorizing where key things are and memorize puzzle solutions.

Edited by Sabo
  • Upvote 1
Just now, Sabo said:

1:46 ATM but my aim was just to get under two hours, it was more of a pseudo speedrun rather than a full blown speed run. 

I don't actually time the Mr. X segments but I'd say I get through this segment in about 10 minutes, I guess?

Parts for what? Weapon Parts? Depends on the character. I don't bother with getting the SMG upgrade parts with Claire because I don't find them worth it but I'll take the 10 minutes it takes to get the upgrade parts for Leon's Magnum. All the other weapon parts are usually along the main path so you don't really have to go out of your way to get them.

No, I don't do an actual speed run, it's just as you get more familiar with the game you're able to beat it more efficiently. You figure out more optimal ways to get through things and you start memorizing where key things and memorize puzzle solutions.

respect man. i still haven't beaten the game with claire yet. i fear my love for gaming is dying. :cry:  it's like i have a super short attention span for them now. 

2 minutes ago, -GD- said:

respect man. i still haven't beaten the game with claire yet. i fear my love for gaming is dying. :cry:  it's like i have a super short attention span for them now. 

Thanks, but it's not really all that impressive. There's dudes who are beating this game in like 1:06, so compared to that my time is laughably bad. Does make me curious how the hell they're doing it though, I feel like it all has to be Police Station oriented because I don't really see how you can improve the route in the Sewers and the NEST. Those two areas are pretty straight forward so there's not much wiggle room for route optimization. I'll probably check out youtube later just to see how they're doing it.

I prefer playing as Claire, I find her a bit more fun.

Everyone plays at their own pace, you like to take it nice and easy apparently. I'm the type that'll just play a game constantly until I get burnt out on it. I enjoy REmake 2 but after my next run , I think I'm done with the game for a while. I've done like, 15 playthroughs since it's released? I'm ready to move onto another game but I'll come back to REmake 2 to check out the free DLC that's coming out soon.

• Thanks 1
7 minutes ago, Sabo said:

Thanks, but it's not really all that impressive. There's dudes who are beating this game in like 1:06, so compared to that my time is laughably bad. Does make me curious how the hell they're doing it though, I feel like it all has to be Police Station oriented because I don't really see how you can improve the route in the Sewers and the NEST. Those two areas are pretty straight forward so there's not much wiggle room for route optimization. I'll probably check out youtube later just to see how they're doing it.

I prefer playing as Claire, I find her a bit more fun.

Everyone plays at their own pace, you like to take it nice and easy apparently. I'm the type that'll just play a game constantly until I get burnt out on it. I enjoy REmake 2 but after my next run , I think I'm done with the game for a while. I've done like, 15 playthroughs since it's released? I'm ready to move onto another game but I'll come back to REmake 2 to check out the free DLC that's coming out soon.

15? that's amazing man! 

1 minute ago, -GD- said:

15? that's amazing man! 

To me that takes all the enjoyment out of it, with that much repetition and efficiency he'll never be able to come back to this game with fresh eyes having forgotten things or what goes where etc. One of my biggest pet peeves for myself with single player games is not burning myself out on them or beating them too many times in close proximity. The whole game will always be mentally mapped out for him whereas for me in a few years time I will have forgotten a bunch of stuff and be able to discover it again. 

:holeup:

I feel like it's more ridiculous than anything. Then again my average time for a playthrough is about 2:15 and I am at the point where I can beat the game in a single sitting so maybe it's not that ridiculous. Just a little ridiculous LOL. Scenario B is shorter than Scenario A as well and most of my playthrough have been through Scenario B.

He beat the snappy shit and intricacies out of Gaiden years ago. This is usual par for him. RE games are actually meant to (one) played slowly scary, jumpy, take your long time.

But two, also memorize and run through the whole game.  RE4 is a speed-run big title too. Just the way it is. I don't think there's anything wrong with his playthrough.  Tho, doing it all in 1.5 weeks is a bit reesh. I hope you didn't rush your first time, and wanted to see and figure everything out all on your own, and not just "win."  

9 hours ago, kokujin said:

Kaz, you like every other dumb post by other posters but give my clever pun shit. I know your routine. Stop making me special. I'd rather be a no name in your eyes at this point. 

don't worry, you are very special