Nintendo revises Switch sales forecast to 17m from 20m

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

@lynux3 PS4 outsold Switch WW in 2018 by 890,000 units, just thought you would like to know that.   

Bitch you straight up say fiscal year for 2019, don't act all confused now like you're talking calendar year or fiscal year 2020. You're the dumb fuck who preaches this fiscal shit like it's the bible

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

@lynux3 PS4 outsold Switch WW in 2018 by 890,000 units, just thought you would like to know that. 

:mj:

I know. I was telling Slowkousan that, but he kept running back to NPD. :hest: Sheep thinking Switch could ever be on par with PS4 sales... even in its 5th year. :rofl:

1 minute ago, lynux3 said:

I know. I was telling Slowkousan that, but he kept running back to NPD. :hest: Sheep thinking Switch could ever be on par with PS4 sales... even in its 5th year. :rofl:

He was so convinced, you guys were arguing about this shit for what seemed like months. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

He was so convinced, you guys were arguing about this shit for what seemed like months. 

Yeah, he was hyping himself up as some kind of expert analyst pulling charts out of his ass. :hest: At the end of the day, my predictions based on reality won out. :juggle:

bu bu teh projectionz say... :tear2: 

Edited by lynux3
Just now, lynux3 said:

Yeah, he was hyping himself up as some kind of expert analyst pulling charts out of his ass. :hest: At the end of the day, my predictions based on logic won out. :juggle:

The sheep were also saying Switch would pass Xbox One by its fiscal year 2019, it's like 10+ million behind still :mj:

They don't understand the concept of a moving target. 

15 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

The sheep were also saying Switch would pass Xbox One by its fiscal year 2019, it's like 10+ million behind still :mj:

Lets see what kind of damage control they come up with. :smug: It's possibly they avoid this thread altogether. :cruise:

1 hour ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Surpass it within Calender year 19, not within fiscal year 19.  With the original 20 million forecast would have put them at 37 ish....they're now saying 34 ish million by March 2019.... XB1 is at 41.

Obviously it's a moving target... but Xb1s target is moving much much much much slower than Switch. 

Switch will still surpass XB1 this calendar year. 

1 minute ago, Goukosan said:

Surpass it within Calender year 19, not within fiscal year 19.  With the original 20 million forecast would have put them at 37 ish....they're now saying 34 ish million by March 2019.... XB1 is at 41.

Obviously it's a moving target... but Xb1s target is moving much much much much slower than Switch. 

Switch will still surpass XB1 this calendar year. 

It's at 41 according to one firm, there's others who believe it to be decently higher so don't act obtuse to their existence and findings. Zhuge's number is the lowball figure in the industry.

So assuming it was 43-44 million and Xbox One sells its typical 8-9'ish million figure Nintendo would basically have to perform identically to 2018's calendar year just to match it going into 2020.

:reg:

1 hour ago, lynux3 said:

Yeah, he was hyping himself up as some kind of expert analyst pulling charts out of his ass. :hest: At the end of the day, my predictions based on reality won out. :juggle:

Lmfao at you two :drake:

I said Switch would outsell PS4 in the US this year..... it did. 

I said Switch was ahead of PS4 launch aligned WW... it is. 

I said Switch is ahead launch aligned in the US... it is 

I said Switch would outsell PS4 WW this year... it didn't. 

I got 3 out of 4 right.... meanwhile Lynux3 got 3 out of 4 wrong @DynamiteCop! 

and you guys are circle jerking because @lynux3 got 3 out of 4 wrong?  :mj:

Just now, DynamiteCop! said:

It's at 41 according to one firm, there's others who believe it to be decently higher so don't act obtuse to their existence and findings. Zhuge's number is the lowball figure in the industry.

So assuming it was 43-44 million and Xbox One sells its typical 8-9'ish million figure Nintendo would basically have to perform identically to 2018's calendar year just to match it going into 2020.

:reg:

Where  are you getting that  43 to 44 million from?  ZHugeEX said 41 million from the actual numbers he has seen from NPD, Famitsu and Chart Track.    It wasn't a prediction  or a forecast he made. 

Was that 43 to 44 a forecast from your other source? 

Even in your best case scenario that you just laid out, you have Switch catching XB1 in Calender year 19:cmpunk1:

2 hours ago, DynamiteCop! said:

Oh no... Switch only hit 3 out the 4 targets :lupe:

Switch is ahead launch aligned in  both the US and WW and also sold more in the US CY 2018 all three of these Lynux3 got wrong. 

Meanwhile you predicted 11 million CY 18 and only 3 million Oct - Dec... not one thing you got right:mickey:

Edited by Goukosan