Sony Q3 results - 8.1 Mill, Fiscal Year Forecast 17.5 million

No title specific data was released. 

PS4 shipped 8.1m units of hardware during the quarter taking the cumulative total to 94.2 million as Dec 31st 2018.

A total of 87.2 million units of PS4 software were shipped during the quarter, of which 37% was digital full game downloads.

2018 Calender Year VS Switch

PS4
Q1 2018 : 2,5M
Q2 2018 : 3,2M
Q3 2018 : 3,9M
Q4 2018 : 8,1M
17,7M

Switch
Q1 2018 : 2,93M
Q2 2018 : 1,88M
Q3 2018 : 3,19M
Q4 2018 : 9,42M
17,4M

came down to a 0.3 million difference :lupe:

On a WW Quarterly level for calendar year 18, Switch's weak Q2 numbers was it's Achilles Heel.  PS4 never dropped below 2.5 Million for any quarter. 

On a Region Specific level for calender year 18. Switch barely won the US, won Japan Handily but PS4 remains a monster in Europe and that region made up the sales difference. 

Overall very healthy hardware figures for both systems. 

32 minutes ago, Pureis said:

Switch should easily take 2019 though. Anyone expecting different?

depends how aggressive sony is with price cuts, the $200 spiderman bundle was a monster. if tlou2 makes it out this year, it could be close again.

Edited by Quad Damage

@Goukosan I'm sure you remember this.

8MANX1k.png

sPOmeFl.png

What happened later in June? IHS released their findings and a 39.1 million figure for end of March which puts what I said back in February in near perfect alignment with their findings. 

You might be remembering me saying 40 million in relation to where the 360 was. 

2 minutes ago, DynamiteCop! said:

@Goukosan I'm sure you remember this.

8MANX1k.png

sPOmeFl.png

What happened later in June? IHS released their findings and a 39.1 million figure for end of March which puts what I said back in February in near perfect alignment with their findings. 

You might be remembering me saying 40 million in relation to where the 360 was. 

Bro why do you hate to link threads? lol

Will be interesting this year

PS4 should really be slowing down at the tail end but Sony has great momentum, if Days Gone (which is looking great now) and Dreams (which is looking insanely good) deliver in early 2019 and Sony can push out one of Tsushima, Death Stranding or TLOU2 for the end of year then the rest in 2020 then they are in for another huge year