Microsoft announces it is bringing XBox Live to iOS, Android....and Switch

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

One leads to the other though... but fair enough.

The basic shit that has to be explained to him is astounding 

GamePass is next

9 hours ago, Goukosan said:

"This deeper integration goes way beyond that, though - to tie non-Microsoft games on non-Microsoft platforms into Xbox Live as well. So, for example, if you're playing Warframe on Nintendo Switch, you could earn Xbox achievements. Or if you're playing Fortnite on mobile, you could browse your Xbox friend list to find people to play with."

That's deeper integration than what's available now bro. 

Yea I know.  That's integration into the games though... not the Switch itself.  This isn't a replacement for Nintendo's online.. this isn't a deeper connection with Nintendo... it's simply MS allowing developers to use their services on other devices through the game itself.

I guess you could view that as deeper, but people that are making it out to be more than it is... like "xCloud on Switch" are doing it prematurely.  I'm sure it's coming at some point, but this isn't that.  That's all I was getting at. :] 

1 minute ago, Remij_ said:

Yea I know.  That's integration into the games though... not the Switch itself.  This isn't a replacement for Nintendo's online.. this isn't a deeper connection with Nintendo... it's simply MS allowing developers to use their services on other devices through the game itself.

I guess you could view that as deeper, but people that are making it out to be more than it is... like "xCloud on Switch" are doing it prematurely.  I'm sure it's coming at some point, but this isn't that.  That's all I was getting at. :] 

Wasn't talking about replacing Nintendo online... simply was saying it's deeper XBL integration than the XbL integration available right now on Switch.