Guys, how can we grow SW?

19 minutes ago, Twinblade said:

i think we should prioritize trying to bring back the older members who stopped posting, vs trying to bring in new people.

He already did that. Sent emails to all the old posters. Some came back to say hello but very few stayed. We're all getting older, I bet half don't even play games anymore.

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't pour water on your computer, Cooke. It doesn't work like it does on plants.

How can you nazi that?     

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, Ramza said:

He already did that. Sent emails to all the old posters. Some came back to say hello but very few stayed. We're all getting older, I bet half don't even play games anymore.

Some still play games but they don't want to play SW games anymore:mjcry: 

tbh I don't know why I'm still here. Maj is gone, the only thing keeping me at this forum is ramza's failures and aza's bullshit. And Boss' occasional input. 

I should retire. jimbo will do without me. He was hosting his ghost town for 2 years after all. 

Goodbye :mjcry: 

11 minutes ago, kaz said:

tbh I don't know why I'm still here. Maj is gone, the only thing keeping me at this forum is ramza's failures and aza's bullshit. And Boss' occasional input. 

I should retire. jimbo will do without me. He was hosting his ghost town for 2 years after all. 

Goodbye :mjcry: 

You'll come crawling back to this dick, bitch.

1 hour ago, Twinblade said:

i think we should prioritize trying to bring back the older members who stopped posting, vs trying to bring in new people.

They all moved to discord and are happy there. I don’t mind our small community. 

2 minutes ago, Jon2B said:

This forum is probably the worst that it's ever been .

Good luck .

The problem is that we are getting too old for SW antics, and that the fabric of SW has torn. “Exclusives” are slowly becoming a thing of the past, as platforms head towards becoming service-driven. Also the political/left/right crap here sucks. I mainly post in the official threads now 

3 minutes ago, -GD- said:

The problem is that we are getting too old for SW antics, and that the fabric of SW has torn. “Exclusives” are slowly becoming a thing of the past, as platforms head towards becoming service-driven. Also the political/left/right crap here sucks. I mainly post in the official threads now 

Pretty much this, it takes too much effort to troll SW type of things now even though it's fun to do sometimes. Plus there has been a giant increase in political extreme threads lately where it is just the usual ppl arguing against each other about the usual topics. Official threads are the only place where most honest chats go since there isn't the SW style gaming talk there. WDYPT is probably my fav thread here. 

2 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

Plus there has been a giant increase in political extreme threads lately where it is just the usual ppl arguing against each other about the usual topics.

I'm really not sure why there hasn't been something more official in controlling that other than Remij moving some threads over. 

• Like 1
Just now, Hot Sauce said:

I'm really not sure why there hasn't been something more official in controlling that other than Remij moving some threads over. 

They aren't breaking any specific rules so hard to do anything. The only suggestion could be to just have one thread where all the bickering can go on but it never works.

A major problem this place has is that most threads very very quickly just turn into 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 back and forths (I know I can be part of this sometimes) that pretty much hijacks the thread on to some other topic and stops any further input from anyone else cause who wants to post in a thread that has 2+ pages of back and forth between a couple forumites.

If cooke wants this to stop I can try to moderate it more but it will cause the usually whining and ppl threatening to not return. 

42 minutes ago, -GD- said:

They all moved to discord and are happy there. I don’t mind our small community. 

I understand growing out of the classic system wars shit but there are people that never even participated in it. I'm glad they found a new home but I don't like discord, I never tried it. I still use ventrilo for voice chatting and that's it.

I just wish the people would drop by and say hello, post in the movie and game thread once in a while :mjcry: 

I miss maj. :mjcry: I'm too scared to pm him on steam. he seems busy :mjcry: 

Edited by kaz
43 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

They aren't breaking any specific rules so hard to do anything. The only suggestion could be to just have one thread where all the bickering can go on but it never works.

We've gone through at least 3 of those kinds of threads, but nobody ever bothers to actually merge the threads into them.

44 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

A major problem this place has is that most threads very very quickly just turn into 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 back and forths (I know I can be part of this sometimes) that pretty much hijacks the thread on to some other topic and stops any further input from anyone else cause who wants to post in a thread that has 2+ pages of back and forth between a couple forumites.

Nothing makes me just go back to r/games faster than seeing some game related thread a couple pages long actually be filled up with the same two people carrying on an argument from a political thread.

51 minutes ago, madmaltese said:

If cooke wants this to stop I can try to moderate it more but it will cause the usually whining and ppl threatening to not return. 

We've seen what happens when there's too little of a guiding hand with moderation, too.

no one without a previous attachment to this community would want to post here. 

seriously, the only reason this place is appealing is cause a lot of us have been talking about games with each other off and on for over a decade.

have you seen some of the shit that gets posted here? for an outsider a lot of it would fall between indecipherable and "i should maybe notify the fbi".

• Haha 1