Guys, how can we grow SW?

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Don't pour water on your computer, Cooke. It doesn't work like it does on plants.

How can you nazi that?     

Posted Images

Hear me out here, this is not going to be easy but nothing worth it is easy :whew:

Here we are a bunch of old farts, you are not going to make a video game forum popular with old farts who are closer to death than the Xbox, you need young blood.

New generations are oversensitive so they will run away at the sight of lack of a safe space. Well not all but many. So you need something more appealing than political correctness and that is

Two words: Battle Royale

Make a forum where people join factions and they fight and debate each other until death/ban until just one remains (then dead users can create new users but start at level 0 or with less assets to fight others or with penalties for posting, whatever). The forum will change its theme depending on which faction is winning. It will be a bloodbath but BR is so popular now that it will attract young people. Take out the whiteboard because this needs some intense designing sessions with booze, coke and hookers.

Build something new, fresh and crazy and that can create conflict for ages and they will come, that's what Jesus was trying to teach us and we killed him, which was a good thing.

You're welcome.

9 hours ago, kaz said:

tbh I don't know why I'm still here. Maj is gone, the only thing keeping me at this forum is ramza's failures and aza's bullshit. And Boss' occasional input. 

I should retire. jimbo will do without me. He was hosting his ghost town for 2 years after all. 

Goodbye :mjcry: 

giphy.gif

Edited by Boss
10 hours ago, madmaltese said:

They aren't breaking any specific rules so hard to do anything. The only suggestion could be to just have one thread where all the bickering can go on but it never works.

A major problem this place has is that most threads very very quickly just turn into 1 on 1 or 2 on 2 back and forths (I know I can be part of this sometimes) that pretty much hijacks the thread on to some other topic and stops any further input from anyone else cause who wants to post in a thread that has 2+ pages of back and forth between a couple forumites.

If cooke wants this to stop I can try to moderate it more but it will cause the usually whining and ppl threatening to not return. 

It's because all of the left-leaning people keep their shit in the politics thread, and all the alt-right people make new threads for every perceived slight against them.  Gouk, Jerry and I aren't the ones making threads about MAGA hat kids, feminists, abortion (but really women, tho), or hilter was just misunderstood bro.  We keep our shit in the politics thread.

If you want to clean the political threads off the front page, just make a containment thread and enforce it.  The Official Alternative Facts Thread: Truth is not Truth.

EDIT Prime example of containment thread material:

It's got fuck-all to do with games.  :] 

Edited by McWicked
4 minutes ago, Team 2019 said:

Maybe. But there is are no gaming forums were people dont get permed for the most trivial opinions.

There's a half dozen gaming subreddits that won't perm you for an opinion. Nobody is coming here.

4 hours ago, dakur said:

Hear me out here, this is not going to be easy but nothing worth it is easy :whew:

Here we are a bunch of old farts, you are not going to make a video game forum popular with old farts who are closer to death than the Xbox, you need young blood.

New generations are oversensitive so they will run away at the sight of lack of a safe space. Well not all but many. So you need something more appealing than political correctness and that is

Two words: Battle Royale

Make a forum where people join factions and they fight and debate each other until death/ban until just one remains (then dead users can create new users but start at level 0 or with less assets to fight others or with penalties for posting, whatever). The forum will change its theme depending on which faction is winning. It will be a bloodbath but BR is so popular now that it will attract young people. Take out the whiteboard because this needs some intense designing sessions with booze, coke and hookers.

Build something new, fresh and crazy and that can create conflict for ages and they will come, that's what Jesus was trying to teach us and we killed him, which was a good thing.

You're welcome.

I don't want to attract the politically correct. I just want to attract the correct. 

13 minutes ago, Cookester15 said:

I don't want to attract the politically correct. I just want to attract the correct. 

image.png.55ef8c8740997e919b0a94fc10351d8c.png

Fellow kids. :corns: 

Edited by McWicked